It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Into the Stock Market

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Anyone here on ATS into the stock market?

With Obama as President are there any stocks that will look "good"?. With the Economic Crisis at hand its hard to see any stock that might look good but with a change of guards there should be some possibilities.
Obama is Big on Alternative Energy and will be pouring a lot of money into this, are there any possible companies out there that would be leading in the field of alternative energy.

Interested and Curious

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
i doubt too many people here would freely admit they are the ones responsible (and don't say the stock brokers and dealers and what not aren't responsible) but there are alot of people who know everything there is to know about the stocks.

you dont need to have cancer to tell the symptoms. so broaden the range im sure someone here has the answers.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
yes, I know alot about the market. I'm an active day trader, I use to be on these forums as timewavezer0, but for some reason my password does not work anymore, so i just browse around here. The number one rule everyone into stocks knows is never take advice from others, lol. But i will say agricultural stocks will boom, as obama is forcing farmers to actually farm there land.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I have been very good at picking bad investments over the years. In fact, almost every one has tanked. So take my advise for what it's worth. It's free and you get what you pay for.
At this time GM and Ford are in the toilet. They might come back or they might go away. The price per share is so inticing, that you almost can't help but buy just a little. My advise about the market is to only invest what you can afford to loose, and treat it like you just bought a pig in a poke so you won't be too dissapointed if the net outcome is $0.00, but you will be elated if your initial investment turns out to grow beyond your wildest dreams. The market is not much better than the lottery. but it you hit it...............

And Peter Schiff has mentioned Gold as a solid investment.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by network dude]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Everyone is talking about how "low" oil is.

If it is so low than it might be a time to seriously consider picking up some oil stocks, look into "USO" and study it's performance over many years.

Uranium stocks are pretty low right now too.

I'd be VERY wary right now however. It seems to me that the market is PREDICTING SOMETHING verses something causing this down turn.

The free world has always been surfing rogue waves of death and the credit crisis is just a wave that knocked the surfers down. Something is different to say the least and this could very well be the TOP of the one year chart next year.

We could wake up one morning to find that the stock exchanges no longer physically exist, nor do the brokers. Be extremely careful and don't get attached to any one stock. You should consider playing the volatility and not marrying any particular stock unless it is fundamentally sound and near infallible.

sty

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
the worse is still to come as far as I understood . I am watching the evolution of the stocks for about 1 year now , and for the moment the only good investment from my point of view is .. land!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by walkinghomer

In our current world, any war machine and infrastructure stocks will always do well. Unless attitudes change and war mongering dissipates, which is unlikely.

top topics

join