It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great ATS Blogger Bash!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Okay, now that our bloggers can modify their style sheets again, it's time to reinvigorate things with three new contests just for our bloggers. April is for Bloggers All through the month of April, any ATS blogger can participate in the following events: Blog Design Contest: Who has the killer blog? Through pMachine, you can edit the templates that define the structure of your blog, and the CSS style sheet that defines the colors, fonts, backgrounds, and more. Focus on style, creativity, and outright bad-azz design to be crowned the Best-Designed ATS Blog. Blog Content Contest: Which blog has the best overall content? Not that savvy with style sheets or design? No worries, just focus on quality content and commentary. This is for our writers who are champions of prose with laser-like insights on current events or any other topic(s). Give the world quality content to be crowned the Best-Content ATS Blog. Blogarageous Contest: Which blog is hands-down the funniest rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-your-Azz-off blog you've ever seen? Some of our fine bloggers may not have the insight of a genius or the design skills of artist, but they have the timing and wit of a legendary comic. Give the world an outrageous laugh to be crowned the Best ATS Blog Comic. In all three cases, standards of conduct and content apply, the log-in page of your blog contains the basic rules of conduct. Winners in all three categories receive: 1) A premium ATS upload area: 2 megs of file space, no file-renaming, no remote linking restrictions, and a personalized directory. 2) An @abovetopsecret.com POP e-mail account: This is no web-mail, it's a full-featured e-mail account with active filtering from SpamHaus. 3) Permanent link for your blog: All three winners will receive a permanent link on the ATS home page for your winning blog. Get ready for the Google-flood! Use the month of April to build your blog and promote your efforts on BTS or ATS wherever the topic of your blog fits in (no spamming the boards, one thread per blog to keep members aware of your efforts). On May 1st, we'll begin a process of voting for the top-ten blogs in each category. After one-week of voting, three new ATS-Surveys will be created to allow members to cast their votes for the number-one blog in each category from the top-ten finalists. So, bloggers, head forth and conquer the web, make blog! If you don't have a blog, read this thread to learn how to get one: www.abovetopsecret.com... [Edited on 3-4-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Sounds awesome-crazy SO. I'm in for this one.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I started playing with my stylesheets early on but they could still use some tweaking... consider me in. This is a great idea w00t!

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Nevermind.

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by meddled]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Good to see some pro-blog incentives, nice. ..happy blogging everyone.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Would there happen to be any favortism involved?

....sorry couldn't resist.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey Would there happen to be any favortism involved?
Yes. We will certainly favor those who have ATS Blogs.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
finally, three days of transforming my blog.... this competition is mine i tell u,MINE
mwahahahahah *evil smile*

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
finally, three days of transforming my blog.... this competition is mine i tell u,MINE
mwahahahahah *evil smile*

3 days? I feel so lazy, I only spent about 5 hours on mine.
but then again I only needed to make a few changes, I did the major work when I first started my blog.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I've made my attempt at jazzing up my blog. SkepticOverlord said to try promoting your blogs so I thought that I'd give it a mention here (hope it's alright to use this thread
). I've added the link into my sig. You might need to adjust the bightness on your monitor to look at it
Well I've tried my best and I'm quite chuffed that I managed it with some help on another thread from SkepticOverlord and from zedds excellent tutorial in his blog.
I've also been checking out all of the other blogs and there's some tough competition out there

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by pantha]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
well I'm late for this blog competition...but how do I get a blog anyways? you buy one or what? fill me in...
please.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
you have to ask for one in this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Al

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Do you have to enter here or are all blog members automatically entered? If u enter here them I want to enter

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
All blogs are entered automaticly, i done alot of work on mine. Im going for best design

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm going for a combination of content and design. If you want to see the css of a certain blogs, you can download it very simple by typing 'http://blogs.abovetopsecret.com/atsblogstuff/membername.css" in your browser (sans quotes). On the place of membername you fill in the name of the member whose css you want to see.

For my blog, it would be: 'http://blogs.abovetopsecret.com/atsblogstuff/amantine.css" (sans quotes)

You should not simply copy code, but you can use this to see how other people designed their blog.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
amantine, thanks for the info, its neat to have, although, i pretty much have my blog all worked out. i have definately put alot of work into my blog, and might i add, may the best blogs win !!
-Sarah

edit: to view my blog, just click the link in my signature

[Edited on 4/26/2004 by smilingsarah82]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by amantine
I'm going for a combination of content and design. If you want to see the css of a certain blogs, you can download it very simple by typing 'http://blogs.abovetopsecret.com/atsblogstuff/membername.css" in your browser (sans quotes). On the place of membername you fill in the name of the member whose css you want to see.

For my blog, it would be: 'http://blogs.abovetopsecret.com/atsblogstuff/amantine.css" (sans quotes)

You should not simply copy code, but you can use this to see how other people designed their blog.
Ah see you learn something new everyday.

I am FINALLY done designing my blog... I am competeting both in design and content although I have seen some great blogs out there and I am going to have some tough choices on where my votes go. I think those who have actually updated their blogs this month will get first consideration from me though.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Here Are The Popular Blogs! A link to each blog is provided, along with the number of views the main home page of each member blog received during the month of April. blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 330 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 293 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 226 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 163 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 162 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 161 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 161 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 156 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 152 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 150 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 146 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 143 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 130 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 128 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 116 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 114 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 112 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 111 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 108 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 106 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 103 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 97 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 87 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 86 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 84 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 83 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 81 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 79 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 71 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 71 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 70 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 68 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 67 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 66 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 61 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 61 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 57 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 55 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 54 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 52 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 51 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 50 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 50 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 49 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 49 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 49 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 48 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 47 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 46 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 45 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 45 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 44 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 42 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 41 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 41 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 41 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 40 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 39 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 39 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 38 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 37 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 37 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 36 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 36 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 35 blogs.abovetopsecret.com... .......... .......... views: 34 [Edited on 29-4-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
3RD!!!!!

Now I need to update more.

NEW UPDATE COMING WITHIN 2 DAYS!

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
holy cow 108 views!!! i didn't know that many people actually read my stuff, wow!!
i feel so honored
-Sarah

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join