It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Already at $5 trillion and 'no plan yet'????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This will probably come as no surprise to anyone . . . even still, how the hell can we all collectively sit by and let this happen?

Elizabeth Warren, the chairwoman of the oversight panel, said in an interview Monday that the government instead seemed to be lurching from one tactic to the next without clarifying how each step fits into an overall plan.

And in the 'go figure' column . . .

Meetings with Treasury officials so far have made her question whether they understand that “household financial health is profoundly tied to the economic health of the nation,” she said. “You cannot repair this economy if you can’t repair those families, and I’m not sure the people directing the bailout see that as their job.”

Link to artcle in the New York Times

And for those who don't believe the dollar amount, here's a bit of an accounting trail through mid October . . .

$5,000,000,000,000 and counting

[edit on 2-12-2008 by GoalPoster]

[edit on 2-12-2008 by GoalPoster]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

This is most disturbing! This means the game is over!
I am starting to get so depressed!
Someone needs to start a help line on ATS!
I feel like jumping of a bridge!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniel666

Don't jump. Just realize that there are some things that you can't stop. This is a freight train heading down a steep hill. There is nothing you can do. Try to take a different perspective on your life and enjoy the ride.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The depths of our 'elected representatives' capacity for stupidity knows no limits.

They knew and were forewarned of the vacuous structure of the 'free parking' stash of monopoly money coming down the pike. They allowed the creation of an unaccountable Tzar of money to compliment the subservient position we have with the International Bank cartel we ignorantly call the 'Federal Reserve".

They don't need a plan. They do what they want.

It's not something you can afford to give up over. We need Americans who pay attention and tell it like it is, because most of the people you know, and I as well, only get their information form a corporate propaganda machine, which will script the actors in the house and senate to say whatever will cause the money lenders the least amount of grief.

top topics

join