It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon to deploy 20,000 troops on domestic "anti-terror" mission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Pentagon to deploy 20,000 troops on domestic "anti-terror" mission

rinf.com

The Pentagon has begun to implement plans for the mobilization of 20,000 regular Army troops in anti-terror operations alongside state and local forces, a dramatic change in US military operations within the borders of the United States.
Some 4,700 troops, a full combat brigade based at Ft. Stewart, Georgia, were made available to the US Northern Command on October 1. The remaining troops will be assigned to the Northern Command as they complete assignments in Iraq or Afghanistan and are redeployed home by 2011.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I think this is a very intelligent move.

There is an intelligence input that there could be a bio attack in the US anytime in the next few years.

Also Al Qaeda is playing a waiting game and are bound to attack the US soil again.

Against this backdrop, these troops will be very helpful in maintaining the security and peace in the country. US will have a dedicated force just to fight terror

rinf.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-12-2008 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Actually, they're coming for you and me, this place is slowly turning into a communist regimen.
This I believe is in case the civilians don't want to join Obama's "Civilian Security Force" which they are going to be forced to join.

-Lahara

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Yea, I can wait - when they come and get me, well I have an enemies list you know our friends who point at useless trivia as proof... well this is your just due... aiding me in my quest for truth, freedom, justice and the American Ideals. which you have so whole heartedly dont want us to achieve. the coin has two sides and I have about 32 of you shills on my list to report as ring leaders... enjoy your interogation.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join