It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, dammit: Forgive Satan?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by leaderof theTFHbrigade

I already talked about this on another thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sometimes chasing the devil will do you good; at least, that is the point of the film The Machinist. When in purgatory, the devil will help you work out the demons, is that so bad? or just serving a purpose?

[edit on 2-12-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Great question. I think we are all God and the Devil. In this world you see examples of unending unconditional love from parents, family members and such. I also see horrors that afterward changes me forever. With that being said I think i would forgive as I cannot possibly judge knowing my own sins and thoughts sadly I have "called out" God (or the idea of) before in anger and ignorance. Interesting indeed.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Forgive an imagined character that has been created as the world's most famous scapegoat? You mean the fictional character that everyone uses to put their blame on if they do something wrong or something bad happens in their life? You mean the tool that has been used for centuries to remove people's self responsibility for their actions?

Sure go ahead, in fact people should thank this fictitious character for allowing them to live on easy street because through believing this character is real, they don't have to claim any responsilibility for their own actions.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Cool Hand Luke]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
So sorry that I did not see this reply earler, man, still learning how to navigate and such. That being said, I truly appreciate what you had to say, yet I have to point out that you did not answer the question: Would you forgive Satan?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Good LORD, man, I can't believe that there were so many relies and I just sat the hell out! For the record, I dig yo' style as well! lol

If you were to read the book and catch the starnge nuances and resonances grappled with, your answer of "compassion" would be highly apt.

Thanks for being bold enough to actually answer rather than pontificate endlessly!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Seek ye this tome forthwith! lol

Ya, Satan and God- both purty durn stubborn!

So...be it that it is not your place to judge, wouldya anyway?

Forgive or...no?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Wally Conley

Right on, Wally, thanks for being forthright and backing why.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by leaderof theTFHbrigade

The end result of Morcock's book is that the Grail is recovered, Satan has parley with God and God gives Satan 1,000 years to correct his wrongs...interesting stuff...

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Satan is a fallen angel.

Humans and angels are two different species.

Humans have to rely on faith and so we are forgiven much.

Angels were given the whole picture. They knew it all.
And yet some decided to pick evil anyways.

Two different situations involving two different species.

I'll leave it up to God to decide who should and shouldn't be forgiven.

He's got all the facts. I don't.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
OK, dammit: Forgive Satan?

k well it's an admirable thought...

but in order to do so.. you'd first have to prove unequivocally, that a deceptive demon-god personality has actually done bad things to you.

otherwise, it's just neurotic paranoid delusions that an imaginary deceptive demon-god personality does bad things to you.

prove that he exists has, then sure.. forgive him all you want.
i'm sure it will be good for him(hypothetically) and you in the long run.

but if I were you, I'd first focus on forgiving your neighbor, the guy who actually wronged you the other day... the guy who will ACTUALLY (in reality) wrong you tomorrow.. etc.. these.. reality based people.
They're who you need to forgive.

not the imaginary ones.

-

[edit on 24-12-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Forgive him what? Satan's closer to the tree than we are, if there is any forgiving it seems to be between father and son. Creator and Created. God and his Satan. What have we got to do with it?

If anything, our griping should be with the head for this long drawn out trauma stemming from the he said-he said of the origional Godhouse spat.

I don't know a Lucifer from Satan. But, if it were about one son-or angel- saying "I am more beautiful", than I imagine...that it was the other son-or angel-, spurrned jealous, who chose to say that the one thinks so of himself, though no evidence other than said beauty existent, knowing full well, big daddy will find a way to see things his way, the jealous God, the no other god but me god.

I think maybe he acted on rumor, and acted a bit harsh, and he locked them both from the hall while he mulls it over.

But why would he not see to begin with?
Satan doesn't do bad things. People do bad things. People attribute this to Satan? Though, I never see where he is included in the conversation. Not that anybody would believe him, the rumor has been set, and none of us had a decision in that process, rather just taking it for what is said, which is......

Now what is that?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cool Hand Luke
Forgive an imagined character that has been created as the world's most famous scapegoat? You mean the fictional character that everyone uses to put their blame on if they do something wrong or something bad happens in their life? You mean the tool that has been used for centuries to remove people's self responsibility for their actions?

Sure go ahead, in fact people should thank this fictitious character for allowing them to live on easy street because through believing this character is real, they don't have to claim any responsilibility for their own actions.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Cool Hand Luke]

I agree with this post. The OP is asking if we would forgive Satan...the real question is will we forgive ourselves?

I first posted an anonymous reply to this thread before joining ATS. It is the opinion on page 1 that states satan is a concept.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
Ah, now the O.T. command to take your disobedient children to the gates of the city and stone them to death makes sense. ...

Context is everything. Children WILL be disobedient, it's a given, and something that any parent knows (or comes to know). The bible tells you how to correct children, why it is necessary, and even not to be harsh about it. ("Parents, do not provoke your children to wrath" paraphrased)

That's NOT what the bible is talking about. It's talking about rebellious youths, not merely "disobedient" kids.

Think "Gang Bangers", not "Made it home 30 minutes after curfew" disobedient.

Imagine how much safer inner-city "slums" would be if parents dragged their children who were gang-bangers to the public square, and stoned them to death. Think there might be a reduction in theft, drug-dealing, drive-by shootings, and other things like that?

That rule wasn't in effect to kill teenage kids who stayed out a little too late after curfew, or to kill teenagers who might get a little smart mouthed and sassy, nor even for kids who had stolen a thing or two. It was in effect to nip what we would today call "gangs" in the bud.

Do you REALLY think God would order the killing of merely "rebellious" teenagers? Shoot, that would mean there would only be two generations of humans!
Give him at LEAST the benefit of the doubt you would give someone accused of car theft!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaderof theTFHbrigade
Seek ye this tome forthwith! lol

Ya, Satan and God- both purty durn stubborn!

So...be it that it is not your place to judge, wouldya anyway?

Forgive or...no?

There can be no forgiveness for anything that does not ask for it. Has "Satan" asked you for forgiveness lately?

So, Satan waits for the heat to be applied before asking to be forgiven? I say, too late Pardner!!!!!!! Too Late!!!!!!!!

Besides, all that really has to be done is take his technology away from him, his high tech toys

top topics

<< 1   >>

join