It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is ANY number, figure, trend, factoid etc that says no New Great Depression?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I've spent a lot of time thinking about the meltdown this year. My industry has been amongst the hardest hit. I finally tried to think of one thing that suggest that a New Great Depression wont happen, and couldn't.

I mean the more numbers you add up, and trends you factor in, and debt you pour over it, the worse the picture gets. Does actually objective, solid ANYTHING exist that presents a real argument for not taking the New Great Depression doom & gloom seriously?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Its always good to be optimistic Igs, but this really needs to happen....

..things will never be the same again, -- but a change is as good as a holiday, hey,

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

No!
But i can think of a lot that point to it HAPPENING!
My Fav. is 240 000 people lost their jobs in October.
That means they not gonna make their bond repayments.
Which means more foreclosures.
Which means more Bailouts.
Which means when the Hyperinflation hits us!
We gonna S***!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daniel666
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

No!
But i can think of a lot that point to it HAPPENING!
My Fav. is 240 000 people lost their jobs in October.
That means they not gonna make their bond repayments.

Like this? biz.yahoo.com...

...NEW YORK, Dec. 1, 2008 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PIMCO New YorkMunicipal Income Fund (NYSE: PNF - News), PIMCO Municipal Income Fund II (NYSE: PML - News), PIMCO California Municipal Income Fund II (NYSE: PCK - News), PIMCO Municipal Income Fund III (NYSE: PMX - News), PIMCO California Municipal Income Fund III (NYSE: PZC - News) and PIMCO New York Municipal Income Fund III (NYSE: PYN - News) (each a ``Fund'' and collectively, the ``Funds'') announced today that the Funds have postponed the payment of the previously declared (November 3, 2008) dividends on the Funds' common shares scheduled for payment on December 1, 2008 and the declaration of the next dividends on the Funds' common shares, which would have been paid on December 31, 2008....

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Dbriefed]

new topics

top topics

join