It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2600 year old nordic mummy found in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

Just recieved this news.

2,700 Year Old Blond-Haired, Blue-Eyed Mummy Found In China

While international media is abuzz over the discovery of the world’s oldest stash of marijuana, a glaringly-obvious fact was inconspicuously left in the article: the pot stash was part of the tomb of a blond-haired, blue-eyed man who lived in China some 2,700 years ago.

Chinese legend is full of blond-haired, blue-eyed people who brought Buddhism to China and organized society there. Fully-preserved mummies showing clear Nordic facial structure, including red, and blond hair, were first discovered in the graveyards of the Tocharians in the Chinese Takla Makan desert back in the 1980’s. In January of this year, archaeologists using genetic testing have proven that Caucasians roamed China’s Tarim Basin 1,000 years before East Asian people arrived.

www.therightperspective.org...

SOURCE

INFO

INFO2

INFO3

BR PPL

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Wow pretty cool. Just as the original people of japan and korea were caucasian as well. The ainu people are still in north japan. The samarai came from them.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PPLwakeUP

Unless I've missed something, the article didn't actually mention how they knew the mummy had blue eyes. I'm presuming they actually have some hair samples, such as the ones mentioned in the other graves - although I'm having to assume that as it doesn't actually say - but the eyes?

Did this culture have some way of preserving the eyes intact or something? Have they extracted some kind of DNA evidence from this particular body?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I remember hearing about the Gushi Caucasians that were purported to have roamed about Western Asia a thousand or so years before East Asians arrived.

My favorite part was the fact that he was clearly buried carefully and with respect. No one else stole the pot, no one raided the tomb.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Unfortunately, I am woefully undereducated in genetics, but I believe there is a specific gene/ allele that can be tested to approximate eye color? If I'm right they could have checked that way for at least a certain family of eye color.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
They also found a stash of pot with him.

Really this is fairly old news... they have been finding these mummies for years now... besides the area we are talking about is in far western China where it runs up against "the Stan's" where the people are Caucasian and/or a Sino-Caucasian mix.

Besides all of that 2,600 years ago the Chinese empire had yet to be formed and the Chinese states that existed extended nowhere near that far west so it wasn't Chinese territory at all.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by grover]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The only thing to make it interesting is the mummy was found with it's head on. The Chinese have been looting these burial sites and removing the heads so the race of the person couldn't be determined by sight.

I would venture the Chinese have a cultural issue with re-writing their history and the time lines involved.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
What the article say:

The 789 grams of dried cannabis was buried alongside a light-haired, blue-eyed Caucasian man

I does not say a word about any "nordic" mummy. Caucasian does not mean nordic.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by merka]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
These mummies were descendants of the Tuatha de danaan. The people who brought faerie tradition into china. I am in china so i kind of know

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Faeriehunter

I was about to post a snide remark about these "Tuatha de danaan", but then I realize, it make perfect sense what you just said: the faerie tradition being brought into China by an outsider totally wasted on cannabis.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
www.pbs.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.pbs.org...

More about the caucasians of central asia
Its were caucasians come from.
Ghengis Khan had red hair.

I doubt they introduced the "fairies" to china, as they were the barbarians that china built the Great wall to keep out.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I wasn't talking about the mongolians that china kept out. You speak as if you know all, have you been to china?

The Bhuddism religion. But ridicule me all you like because I am in china and you are not..

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Even black hair loses it's pigmentation with age. There are millions of old people in China today that could be described as light-haired. Some have blue eyes.

Given the lack of any attempt at scientific detail - trying to imply there were blonde haired blue-eyed people in China 600 BC - I'd dismiss this as a non-story with some racial supremacy agenda.

MF

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

It has been established that what is now western china was inhabited by caucasians, during the time period in question.
These people were the pre-cursors to the barbarian invasians of western europe.
A genetic link has been established between populations in mongolia and the scythians of the black sea area.

The caucasian horsemen of the central asian platuae were so well know for their horse breeding, that even though the chinese emporers viewed them as enemies, they bought horses from them.

new topics

top topics

join