It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A recreation of the Wardenclyffe Tower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Tesla was a man that was 100 years too soon...

But what would stop us from making this thing today?
Other then the MIB showing up at our door...

I am positive that it would work...

If they could build it in 1901... why not 2008...

Can it be done? And at what cost?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Do the plans for Wardenclyffe even still exist? If I remember right, Tesla did manage to get Wardenclyffe to attract a whole bunch of lightning, but I'm not sure if he actually finished the project, since Morgan refused to continue funding after, according to legend, Tesla had no answer for Morgan's question "Where can I put the meter?" It probably wouldn't be that expensive to build, either, at least compared to other structures of similar size. I'm sure it would cost millions, but if it does what Tesla claimed, it's worth it.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Correct...

It was never finnished...

Funding stoped for it after JP Morgan realised that he was not going to make a buck off it...

I do belive the blueprints are in possesion by the US government...

But the principals are simple enough...

If Tesla thought it could work, i will trust the man...

Imagine what it could do...
Free power for the world...
I think that would be the greatest gift of all..

MBF

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I saw a show a few nights ago about Tesla. The even showed a picture of the tower. I remember them saying that he had lit light bulbs at a little over a mile without wires.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yes...

And that was on the uncompleted tower...

IN an earlier test, Tesla lighted up light bulbs over 25 miles away, with no wires...

And this is over 100 years ago...

Wireless energy...

Very real... very surpressed

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
i'ld love to help you build it but i've no idea how this might work, i know you say the principles are simple but i don't geddit. may i request a quick outline in laymans terms.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Constructing it would cost millions of dollars, and untold number of man hours...

I am hoping for someone to come in here, and give me a list of reasons why it WOULD NOT work...

From a technical, sceintific, and engernering standpoint...

What are the obsticals?

MBF

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
From what I can understand, it would work just about the same way that radios work. A transmitter induces an electromagnetic field into a receiver. The frequency would be different though. I saw something like this in a magazine not long ago, but it just worked in a room I think it was.

Problems that I foresee would be interference in radio and tv signals and it could be expensive to produce enough power to be useful. This is just my opinion.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
There is a article in New York Times about recreation of Wardenclyffe and possibility of turning it into museum. NY times article

[edit on 5-5-2009 by clock1]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
reply to post by pieman

Constructing it would cost millions of dollars, and untold number of man hours...

I am hoping for someone to come in here, and give me a list of reasons why it WOULD NOT work...

From a technical, sceintific, and engernering standpoint...

What are the obsticals?

IMO, the obstacles are perspective. From our current view, it shouldn't work, at least not effectively, but if we are surrounded by electricity, why shouldn't it work? Tesla believed (at least to a degree) in an electric universe, "We could power our technology from the wheels of nature itself", or to that effect.

Tesla was a great man and well ahead of his time, it still shocks me that most people don't even know who he is, he will be forgotten soon enough, his work along with him. Shame.

EMM

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Wireless power transmission using Tesla tech?
Right here:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MBF

im sure this discussion is old or even forgotten but i'de like to bring up an interesting statement mensioned about power and cost to produce it. i believe the tower was intended to run off the ionosphere. and transmit to the surface no power to be produced just collected "from all that is around us" i believe nikola tesla told the press

top topics

join