It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood offers gift vouchers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wheresthetruth

This is just sickening. For Christmas, you get to kill your unborn child. Not only that, but you get to do it at a discount. This is an absolute perversion of choice.

Not only that, but the group is also known to be a non-profit that is able to, surprisingly, rake in an enormous profit. As well, they have been noted for their ability to look away when the legal ramifications dont lend themselves to their "bottom line".

www.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Non-profit just means there are no stockholders who profit from the work of the abortionists. That doesn't mean that the doctors and employees don't profit big time.

Planned Parenthood just hired the "back alley abortionists" and let them come inside, so they didn't have to perform abortions in the back alleys with coat hangers. Their work inside is no less gruesome.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

Okay, sorry, that's just an absurd claim.

Care to back up any of those allegations?

editing in: stats from the Planned Parenthood Annual Report, available as a pdf at their website. Abortions represent 3% of the medical procedures performed at their clinics.

That's right, 97% of the medical services provided by Planned Parenthood are not abortions.

SUMMARY OF SERVICES DELIVERED BY PLANNED PARENTHOOD AFFILIATE HEALTH CENTERS: CALENDAR YEARS 2005 AND 2006

CONTRACEPTION** — 38 PERCENT OF SERVICES IN 2006
Reversible Contraception Clients, Women 2,420,610 2,441,768
Emergency Contraception Kits 1,240,516 1,436,846
Tubal Sterilization Clients 554 618
Reversible Contraception Clients, Men 80,411 95,188
Vasectomy Clients 2,407 2,913
_________ _________
3,744,498 3,977,333

SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES/INFECTIONS (STD/STI)
TESTING AND TREATMENT — 29 percent of services in 2006
STI Testing and Treatment, Women and Men 2,618,477 2,703,917
HIV Testing Clients, Women 188,424 203,478
HIV Testing Clients, Men 62,300 67,795
HIV Testing Clients, Gender Not Reported 29,865 42,887
_________ _________
2,899,066 3,018,077

CANCER SCREENING AND PREVENTION*** —
19 percent of services in 2006
Pap Tests 1,116,681 1,070,449
Breast Exams/ Breast Care 842,399 882,961
Colposcopy Procedures 44,353 47,557
LEEP Procedures 2,836 3,036
Cryotherapy Procedures 3,566 3,368
_________ _________
2,009,835 2,007,371

OTHER WOMEN’S HEALTH SERVICES —
10 percent of services in 2006
Pregnancy Tests 1,045,892 1,097,397
Prenatal Clients 13,261 11,058
Midlife Clients 14,163 11,206
Infertility Clients 248 316
_________ _________
1,073,564 1,119,977

ABORTION SERVICES —
3 percent of services in 2006
Abortion Procedures 264,943 289,750

OTHER SERVICES —
1 percent of services in 2006
Primary Care Clients, Women and Men 21,739 19,557
Adoption Referrals to Other Agencies 2,413 2,410
Other Services, Women and Men**** 126,352 140,968
________ _______
150,504 162,935

TOTAL SERVICES = 10.5 MILLION

Another interesting fact from the Annual Report: the clinics have revenue of 356.9 million dollars, and spend 588.3 million dollars on medical services. Yes, they are a money loser for Planned Parenthood. Most of their revenue comes from public and private grants and donations, and government contracts.

[edit on 12/5/08 by americandingbat]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Unfortunatly I can't rember my password right now but felt complelled(sp?) to reply.

1. This is a coupon for all planned parenthood services of which abortions are a small part.
2. Leave god out of this because there is no proof he/she exist.
3. If your a guy stay out of the abortion debate, we can't get pregnant so we either wrap it before we stick it or leave the decision up to the female half.
4. read point one 2 or 3 times until you understand this is not a coupon to kill a child, though it may be used to have unwanted comingled genetic material removed from the uterus.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Abortion as long within a time frame that is backed by science is fine imo,but heres where people may disagree with me...i think the father should have much much more say in the matter than just the mother.Dont give me the nonsense of the woman is carrying it...it takes two lives to make a life,both should have equal say in the matter....but of course i recognise i might be in the minority with that belief.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Um, maybe you can clarify. Why on earth should the father have more say than the mother, who is the one who takes all the physical toll and a great portion of the mental toll either way? Sorry, but all the father did is provide a little genetic material. He won't have any of the physical price to pay.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by chickenshoes

Um, maybe you can clarify. Why on earth should the father have more say than the mother, who is the one who takes all the physical toll and a great portion of the mental toll either way? Sorry, but all the father did is provide a little genetic material. He won't have any of the physical price to pay.

I didnt say *more* than the mother i said the same say in the matter.Again...the father was just as responsible for creating the embryo/fetus etc as the mother...hence he should have say in its future.I dont buy the fact you say the mother has to carry it therefore her opinion is held in higher regard than the fathers,but again i guess thats why i said my opinion is probably in the minority.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Solomons]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Well, reread your original post. Actually you did say more.

Look, I don't know whether you are a man or a woman, but it seems you don't understand at all how pregnancy affects your body and your mind. It's not trivial by a long shot. What physical toll does the father have in all this? The mother is the one doing the biggest share of the "paying" in all this. Sorry, but been through it. I know what I'm talking about.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by chickenshoes

Well, reread your original post. Actually you did say more.

Look, I don't know whether you are a man or a woman, but it seems you don't understand at all how pregnancy affects your body and your mind. It's not trivial by a long shot. What physical toll does the father have in all this? The mother is the one doing the biggest share of the "paying" in all this. Sorry, but been through it. I know what I'm talking about.

well im sorry but that doesnt change the fact its 50/50 in the creation of the fetus..and your right,it did sound like you said ie more priority than mother, but that wasnt my intention,bad wording
and im male.Im not disagreeing its a large toll on the mother ebing pregnant,not in the slightest but that doesnt change the fact both parties had equal part in the creation.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Solomons]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

With so many "sperm donors" out there, there are way too many men who wish to shirk their responsibility. That, and also given the fact that there are so many controlling jerks out there who would love the opportunity to foist their genetic legacy on some woman and then run from her life forever, no, I absolutely do not think it should be 50/50. How fair would it be for some jerk to mandate that a woman must be required to bear his offspring, and then disappear? And yet it happens, I'd be willing to bet, many multiple times daily.

And, until you are able to be pregnant and give birth, you will never fully understand the physical and mental toll pregnancy can take, especially an unwanted pregnancy.

Babies are highly over romanticized, imo. They are wonderful, but as women, we are the ones who take the largest part of the responsibility, physically through the pregnancy, and even after, with the care of a helpless infant, then to a baby, then a kid, on to adulthood.

I had c sections with my children, which is major surgery, in case you weren't aware. But, even though I have a good husband, I was still the one who got up every time with the baby in the middle of the night. Even though I worked full time, I still got up in the night and fed and changed them.

So, this is why, in part that I feel the way I do.

I agree that it takes two to make a baby, unless you go to a sperm bank
, but the woman is still usually the one who has the greater consequences to deal with. I'm all for two grown people sitting down and talking over their decision, I think that shows great responsibility on both parts, but in no way should there ever be any legal mandate that the man has a 50/50 say, for the very reasons I stated above.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join