It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity: Why all the doom and gloom?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Hi all!
I was wondering what you think about humanity and why generation after generation seems to be obsessed with an apocalypse or the world ending or something similar. Furthermore, on a broader spectrum, why do people seem to gravitate towards negative news? Do these things, especially the doomsday obsessions, have something to do with psychology? Is it embedded within us? Or is it formulated by governments and religion for some reason? I am trying to write a paper about doomsday obsession and am seeking some guidance....I can't seem to find any definitive results, so I suppose raw, real opinons will be even better

sorry if this is in the wrong place!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
First off wasn't this already posted somewhere by you?

At any rate. I can tell you the 2012 phenomenon is real. Though many see it as a "Doomsday" type of event, and rightly so because about 90% of the world's population's going to die, I don't see it as a doomsday.

On the other hand. I see it Objectivly. Such events have happened before. It was never a question of "IF" but only "WHEN?".

If you falsely assume to look at all the people in the world that are going to die because of this phenomenon you might believe it is a bad thing coming our way. However those people were going to die someday anyway.

If you truly look at the positive, the 2012 phenomenon is very GOOD for "Mankind" as a whole. People are born and die, but mankind carries on.

The benifits for mankind from this 2012 phenomenon are countless.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
First off wasn't this already posted somewhere by you?

At any rate. I can tell you the 2012 phenomenon is real. Though many see it as a "Doomsday" type of event, and rightly so because about 90% of the world's population's going to die, I don't see it as a doomsday.

On the other hand. I see it Objectivly. Such events have happened before. It was never a question of "IF" but only "WHEN?".

If you falsely assume to look at all the people in the world that are going to die because of this phenomenon you might believe it is a bad thing coming our way. However those people were going to die someday anyway.

If you truly look at the positive, the 2012 phenomenon is very GOOD for "Mankind" as a whole. People are born and die, but mankind carries on.

The benifits for mankind from this 2012 phenomenon are countless.

I had hoped you would reply!!! Yes I did post something similar, but that was just me wondering why people don't realize how positivity can change their life for the better. This is actually for a research paper....normally I can bust a paper out pretty easily but I think I have dug myself a hole with this one. You are obviously very well versed in the 2012 phenomenon...do you happen to have a couple minutes to do a short interview?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekingmyself

Sure,

I like to get the word out any way I can.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekingmyself
Hi all!
I was wondering what you think about humanity and why generation after generation seems to be obsessed with an apocalypse or the world ending or something similar. Furthermore, on a broader spectrum, why do people seem to gravitate towards negative news? Do these things, especially the doomsday obsessions, have something to do with psychology? Is it embedded within us? Or is it formulated by governments and religion for some reason? I am trying to write a paper about doomsday obsession and am seeking some guidance....I can't seem to find any definitive results, so I suppose raw, real opinons will be even better

sorry if this is in the wrong place!

My view on this is that us being mortal we always reach out for something bigger than ourselves. Either it being death on a massive scale or an alien invasion. Thats just my two cents. Good luck with your paper.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Do you even know what it is you feel? People react by adjatation. If they feel hungry they seek out something to eat. If they feel tired they try to find a safe place to rest. If they feel horny they seek out company. Adjatation drives the biological machine that is man. However if you're hungry but unaware of it you can be seen as grumpy or cranky. Sometimes people are unaware of what drives them.

Gravity pulls a great roll in the drives of mankind. Women's cycles react to the gravitional pull of the moon and police realize that the contradiction of gravitional forces between the moon (full) and sun make a full moon crazyness. Let alone understanding of astrology that is the study of the gravitional forces of the planets on a person.

Well, what would happen if our solarsystem was approaching the greatest gravitional force of galaxy? That's what we are doing. This causes such an adjatation within some people that they "awaken" and not knowing the cause of the adjatation they start to assign meanings to it.

This adjatation has been increasing over the past 20 years as our solarsystem draws closer to the galatic engine. The galatic engine is disk shapped gravitional force that comes out of the majory body in the center of our galaxy. This is known as the galatic horizion, equator and several other names.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
Do you even know what it is you feel? People react by adjatation. If they feel hungry they seek out something to eat. If they feel tired they try to find a safe place to rest. If they feel horny they seek out company. Adjatation drives the biological machine that is man. However if you're hungry but unaware of it you can be seen as grumpy or cranky. Sometimes people are unaware of what drives them.

Gravity pulls a great roll in the drives of mankind. Women's cycles react to the gravitional pull of the moon and police realize that the contradiction of gravitional forces between the moon (full) and sun make a full moon crazyness. Let alone understanding of astrology that is the study of the gravitional forces of the planets on a person.

Well, what would happen if our solarsystem was approaching the greatest gravitional force of galaxy? That's what we are doing. This causes such an adjatation within some people that they "awaken" and not knowing the cause of the adjatation they start to assign meanings to it.

This adjatation has been increasing over the past 20 years as our solarsystem draws closer to the galatic engine. The galatic engine is disk shapped gravitional force that comes out of the majory body in the center of our galaxy. This is known as the galatic horizion, equator and several other names.

Was this a response to me or just a general response?

I'm just curious because if its towards me I don't find anything relevant to what I said. If its not towards me I apologize.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Without understanding of the adjatation caused within the human condition/psychie those that are more "open" will just "feel" something they don't understand and therefore they go about trying to understand it in ways they percieve. They project stuff upon it.

Such is the case of the "NWO" type consparicy heads. They feel adjatition but without understanding the cause they project that upon the governements that they see are up to "no good".

This is a common factor accross the board. "Lightworkers" want to believe something is going on that they can "save" others from.

It all boils down to the approach of our solarsystem and selves toward the galatic equator a gravitional disk that has no equal in the galaxy for the power of the gravitional force.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
you are too kind. Here are a few questions, if you feel like answering them

1. What exactly do you believe will happen in 2012? Will it be cataclysmic? How will 90% of the people die? Do you believe the survivors are pre-determined?

2. How did you come to your conclusion, and how long ago?

3. Is there a way for people to prepare?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by cg001

No, if someone is responding toward you they will use a "quote" or "reply" so that you can understand that the responce is to you.

My statements before this one were on speculation as to what the OP might wish to understand, or just something I feel should be expressed.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I understand the reply to function. Was just curious because I was the only one who responded. :p Okay back to business.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

so everything really does center around our solar system, and astrology? I wish you were a friend of mine who I could go to lunch with, lol. You know everything that I wonder about before I sleep each night. I have so many questions about our universe and our world and our lives....they seem unanswerable, and no one in my life thinks I am talking about anything relevant. That's when the blank stares come in and I change the subject so I don't weird them out

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Doom and gloom? Doom and gloom can be used as a tool for waking people up. We have brought the problems we have upon ourselves, as a way to awaken us from many many years of spiritual slumber. Are the problems we are seeing real, yes, very much so, no doubt about it. But, as we awaken that which has been asleep deep within us for many years, you will see many changes occur around you. The spiritual side of humanity has been buried for so long, we have ventured away from our true selves and our return to the one. And now is the time of awakening of that spiritual side of us all.

Do we need what is going on around us, yes, many do. Sometimes it takes a good slap in the face to wake us up, pain and hardship will do that. I know I will get sliced and diced for what I am saying, but, what is a little more pain in this life going to hurt? Will everyone wake up? No, not everyone will, but a vast majority will.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
Doom and gloom? Doom and gloom can be used as a tool for waking people up. We have brought the problems we have upon ourselves, as a way to awaken us from many many years of spiritual slumber. Are the problems we are seeing real, yes, very much so, no doubt about it. But, as we awaken that which has been asleep deep within us for many years, you will see many changes occur around you. The spiritual side of humanity has been buried for so long, we have ventured away from our true selves and our return to the one. And now is the time of awakening of that spiritual side of us all.

Do we need what is going on around us, yes, many do. Sometimes it takes a good slap in the face to wake us up, pain and hardship will do that. I know I will get sliced and diced for what I am saying, but, what is a little more pain in this life going to hurt? Will everyone wake up? No, not everyone will, but a vast majority will.

I feel spirtually lost. Raised catholic...but I don't agree with most of the principals. I am struggling to find the religion thats right for me. I feel very in tune with the world, I am very intuitive...but I am at a point in my life currently where I don't know where to go. Again, this is a subject that I can seldomly bring up in everyday life. Do you have any words of wisdom?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekingmyself1. What exactly do you believe will happen in 2012? Will it be cataclysmic? How will 90% of the people die? Do you believe the survivors are pre-determined?

From my best understanding it's a natural phenomenon. It's our solarsystem passing through the galatic equator. This happens about twice in rounded up to 26000 years. The last time it happened about about 13000 years ago, OR 10500bce where ancient history becomes mythology. However this passage has a couple other aspects that makes it an end of a "WORLD" cycle. It's the end of the world, but that's not saying the planet nor mankind is going anywhere...

It's common scientific understanding that the planet has already started it's magnetic and geographical pole shifting processes. These events are forecasted to be happening over the next couple hundred years but those forecasts don't take into account the extream gravitional forces of the passage through the galatic equator.

Add onto those events the scientific understanding they are already expecting one of the worst solar maxum cycles on record and the earth's closest passage near the sun in thousands of years and you're starting to paint a picture of a doomsday waiting to happen.

Add onto that the nationalistic behavior of mankind in association with world domination coupled with religious zeal and then mix in a natural event and it is clear to see how quickly the nuclear buttons get pressed.

The 2012 phenomenon is scientificly, and historically backed up to compound understanding on a wide and vast body of prophetic works. There are many many prophetic works aliging themselves on 2012.

The 2012 phenomenon isn't about the Mayan Calendar, but the calendar is a marker to the passage of the solarsystem through the cosmos. Just by introducing a handful of works by Nostradamus onto the date and then calculating in the chance of such prophetic works as "Malachy's Pope Prophecy" in and it's clear the chance of these things aligning in the way they have are much more then cowincidence.

Malachy, about 800 years ago, recieved a list of 111 numbered popes from his time to the end of time, the events spoken about in the biblical book of revelation, and this basicly boils down to a random number generator.

That list could have exausted itself in a couple hundred years or could shoot past 2012 by hundreds of years as the ages of each man's rule varry. The fact that the last numbered pope in Malachy's list was just elected in time to align with several of Nostradamus's prophecies such as his "lost book" and statements as "shortly after the great milleninum", aligning with the Mayan Calendar, these events are unlikely to align as they do else they be true.

That's just 3 our of many many prophecies. Sure many will rush to say Oh "discredited" blah blah,, but this is putting blinders on themselves because they don't want to see the truth. Governments in the past have used prophecy to try to better understand world events.

Originally posted by Seekingmyself1. What exactly do you believe will happen in 2012? Will it be cataclysmic? How will 90% of the people die? Do you believe the survivors are pre-determined?

What I understand as being going to happen is a colaberation of events from natural to national that leads to the distruction of about 90% of the population. There is a series of events to take place over the next 4 years leading up to 2012. Major events that kill are nuclear war, plagues, civial wars, and geographic pole shifting that causes great flooding and a "WORLD WIDE EARTHQUAKE".

I'm sure in a sense the survivors are pre-determined, but no man has a list like that. There are many that think they will be safe and they will lead fools to their deaths.

This planet is a farm. Life is grown here. Sometimes when a farm gets a ill it's best to collect up what you can and then burn the field. This planet is a farm to a God not understood here. The suffering of this planet is an illusion created in the minds of men. When you realize life is more then the time you spend in physical body before the death of the physical body then you understand what it takes to survive.

People have a real issue with pre-determaned. However it is the choices you make that pre-determan what happens to you.

"Collect the good wheat and place it in my barn, but first collect up the weeds and place them on the fire.".

Originally posted by Seekingmyself2. How did you come to your conclusion, and how long ago?

I was born in knowing. I've been trying to tell people the world would end in my lifetime since I learned how to talk. People use to think I came from a religious family as I'd talk about the "end of the world". I didn't come from a religious family. I over time learned not to talk about such things. I never spent time looking for a date 5 years pass the date I was at. I instead studied all I could about the phenomenon "end of world" type event. back as far as 1992 I'd be talking about this things to people and some people would say it sounded like I was talking about 2012. I didn't however look into that date until just about 5 years. It was at that point my eyes were opened to the date as it brought all my studies into focus.

3. Is there a way for people to prepare?

People get confused when I talk about this. I'm not a "religious" person. I know there is a God. I understand there is a reason for being. For a great majority of people This Life is the first stepping stone of a much longer road of life. This is the place people need to accept the path or reject the path. Their is no punishment for rejecting the path of life but the end of your life. Like a light switch. Just click you off.

Hell is a false understanding of hades. Hades is a holdover here on planet before the great judgement call.

To step onto the path you only need realize you are a child of the living God, and in so doing you should realize all those around you are your brotherhood. You should then start living your life for the betterment of yourself for God and to the betterment of your relationships with your brotherhood.

Outside that, how you might prepair for survival of your phyiscal life is to learn some things now. The meak truly inherit the earth on this one, so try not to pick sides. However if you are a soliger for a official government you should can do your job, but if you're a rebelious person that wants' to project a "HERO" upon your own chest against some imagnitive "NWO", have at it because you're beyond help anyway.

Their will be many that hide in bunkers, from governmental officals to hillbillys, most will die in those bunkers. The way to physically survive is to have the faith to face openly what is coming upon the whole world.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I've found that the true question to anyone boils down to their belief in a "God".

Some might say they believe in God, but would like then to think God doesn't nothing but let us work as an ant farm.

Some might say they don't believe in God, but they actually do without understanding that they do.

However the question is if there is a god or not. Some don't want to think anything has the right to judge their actions and know their inners, because they are ashamed for what they do.

God is real. There is a reason for being here now. This planet is a farm. Souls are grown here. From time to time there is a harvest of souls. The good souls go onto the path of self perfecting and ever increasing joy. The worthless souls are just passed on and placed in the fire that is the second and final death.

The 2012 phenomenon is the harvesting time. The soul reaper stands awaiting the call to thrust his cicle onto the roots.

This sort of stuff "scares" people. When this is very natural too. Maybe the most natural thing you can do in the physical life is to die.

Those that are predetermined to live physically into the next world are mostly those that have a job to do.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekingmyself

Please, don`t feel that you are alone in this because your not. Many feel as you do,"spiritually lost". This is why we need to look beyond what the church teaches us. The true answer to all is deep within all of us. You stated that you are very in tune with the world? Then, I must say, to be in tune with the world, you must be in tune with the spirit that is within you. Religions can`t answer the questions you have, only that which is in you can. Meditation is a great way of getting the answers you need. It will help you tune into the spiritual side of you. As the old saying goes, seek, and ye shall find, knock, and the door shall open. It is the opening of that door, that is between the physical you, and the spiritual you that needs opened. Religions will not tell or teach you this. Why? If everyone was to learn this, they would be out of a job and have no control over us. You are on your way to learning, and you need to just be pointed in the right direction is all.

Not many want to listen to things like this. Many are dependent on others to do the work they need to do themselves. Many need to put more faith into that which is inside of them, not others. I hope this helps you.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Everything has to do with God. The Whole Universe and all the life forms and forces are all based within a relationship with God and others. This would included all those forces that would reject God and The sonship of being part of the universal family.

There is a gift given to each and everyone here on this planet. This is inside us, it is a little seed of being a child of God. If you make that your life's focus, and this is a inner working not outter working, then that is what you become. However if you alow the animalist nature to tell you their is no greater thing then yourself, then that is what you become. But that animal is not as great as even the force of phyisical death.

The 2012 phenomenon is the real deal. I believe everyone is aware of this. however this scares some people so they rush around to every 2012 form just to deny it. I know the governments are hoping it isn't but planning for the eventualities. Just look around many know something is up but they rush about not knowing what way is up. They rush around putting on funny little "white hats" such as terms "light workers". Those that feel they need be accorded in with "light workers" don't realize they are in spiritual darkness.

You need to realize you're lost to pull over and ask for directions. If you refuse to see you're lost then you just drive around until everyone is lost.

Everything is part of the story. It really is a positive thing, though you have to stay objective not to be a negitive. If you think you're a positive you are most often a negitive unaware.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
When you understand that life is about growth then you can understand this.

People see this 2012 phenomenon as a doomsday. I don't. I see it as graduation. If you are a college student then someday you're collegestudentship will end. Is that end a doomsday? To many college students it is.
but for those that were in school for the right reasons it's a day to put on their little caps and look foward to the future.

Ancient peoples of this planet talk in terms of multi-worlds. They call this the 4th or 5th world. They say someday this "world" will end and the new world will begin or be born. A "World" is the cycle of civilization of mankind upon the geography of the planet. Just like a world map is not the geography of the planet but slices of the planet into nations and kingdoms as world cycle is the way mankind cuts up and rises to power.

The next world cycle is one of UNITY for all mankind. It is the next step for mankind. It's the next and higher phase of the brotherhood of mankind. So althought the 2012 phenomenon might be a doomsday to "men" it's something to look foward for mankind.

As it was said in the moon landing "This is one small step for man and one giant leap for mankind".

This brings our world one step closer to being back on track after the defaulting of so many planetary rulers.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Incarnated

so everything really does center around our solar system, and astrology? I wish you were a friend of mine who I could go to lunch with, lol. You know everything that I wonder about before I sleep each night. I have so many questions about our universe and our world and our lives....they seem unanswerable, and no one in my life thinks I am talking about anything relevant. That's when the blank stares come in and I change the subject so I don't weird them out

I wouldn't say "everything" because there are many more things outside our galaxy, and the term centering can sudgest our solarsystem is some how in the middle of everything else. Our solarsystem is just an orb cycling through cycles upon cycles within cycles. Women cycle with the moon cycle. Babies are born to live a number of years that is a cycle in weeks cycle, in months cycle... We wake up to go back to sleep. The universe cycles.

To everything, turn, turn, turn.
There is a season, turn, turn, turn.

The answers have always been within you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join