It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Life from the Other Side

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

Hello JoeSomebody

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Trazadone is an anti-depressant and not a very good one, it can help you sleep but the feeling it gives you isnt pleasent and it doesnt keep you asleep long. Its a very old drug.
If you feel you need something during this difficult time and you also need a hand getting to sleep (without alcohol) then I would mention mirtazapine to your doctor.

Try to limit the alcohol, its stopping you from gathering your thoughts and moving on, its a very destructive drug.

All the best

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Very sorry about your Mom.
You sounded very mature for you age, and I admire that.
You should read the book "For one more day" by Mitch Albom. Read the book not for enlightenment, for enlightenment comes from within, but for understanding and support.

I was a counselor for people with mental illness and addictions for 4 years, and I saw some of them pass away because of the alcohol. I hope that you find the strength to stop drinking (I really recommend the book I mentioned above). Your mom is still there with you, in the things you did together, the things you shared, the things she taught you and in the love you gave to each other.

I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you. Think about the people that depend on you and would need you in their lives.
I know there are no words to take away the pain but I'll be sending you positive energy.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I have had some experience with similar things. I lost my grandma almost a year ago and I say all the time to her, please give me a sign. I believe she does it in subtle ways. I went to the cemetary one time and I was crying and pleading with her to help me. I relaxed myself and drove away and my windshield wiper went on, just once. It was not in the one position, I didn't hit it, nothing. Some skeptics may say it was a glitch of some kind, I don't believe that. I believe it was her saying that she heard me. That was all I needed to know and it has helped me so much. I can't imagine what it is like to lose a mother, I am still greatful to have mine. I am sorry for your loss. I think what you saw was real. Whether or not it was a dream or actually happening, I don't know. Either way she came to you, you needed to hear what was heard. Sometime I wish my grandma would come to me in like that, but then I think, maybe I couldn't handle it and maybe that is why. I haven't been very "spiritual" lately so makes me less open to things of that nature. When you woke up the next morning were you @ you great-grandma's house or your own. I do know that sometimes people come out of their bodies and travel. I have done this, so maybe that is what happened. Either way I hope it has opened your eyes. I know the numbness that alcohol and drugs can bring. I had a drug problem for years. I am not going to preach, but I do have to say it is only satisfaction while you are in a different state of mind. Once the high is gone, everything is still there to deal with. I finally realized, why put it off???

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Sorry for your lose. Be strong and keep your chin up!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hi, I know just too well what you're going through, my mom died in a car accident four years ago and it's like it happened yesterday to me. My life got screwed up in so many ways I couldn't even begin to tell even if I wanted to. I also knew it was going to happen, but I really don't want to share this.
Not many people will understand what you're going through even if they try, the sad part is that you're truly alone on this unless you know people who loved their mother deeply and had the same experience.

If it helps, you can U2U me, I kind of managed to get a philosophical point of view of all these things that makes my life bearable (barely).

It's great that you had supernatural experiences after that, it surely gave you hope.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthAboutLife

hey my friend, i am so sorry to hear everything you went through. Since i've read your thread, i've been praying for you. I totally believe you. I truly wish you the best and hope the future holds great times for you. I know you are somewhat of a religious person, read this verse, i have it tatted on my arm -Jeremiah 29:11 - these are the words of Jesus, many blessings to you my friend.

www.jeremiah2911.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthAboutLife

Sorry for your loss, and your reaction afterwards with the booze is only a natural human reaction to your great loss, and the burden which you have been left with.

It was lovely of your Mom to appear for you, for in reality she is a beautiful soul, and gives out a great deal of love, even when she was in difficult circumstances.

As you asked her a question, and got an answer, there is no reason why you can’t stay in contact, because you are so close.

Your Mom will have to have a period of recuperation where she is, but you can try to set up communications with her whenever you choose. If she’s resting for a time, then you won’t get an answer, but when she’s ready you should do.

Here’s how:

Sit at your computer with a word processing program open (or Notepad), then try and clear your mind from your earthly worries and try and pick a quiet time so that you can concentrate properly; ask your higher mind for protection from dark and evil entities; picture your Mom and then make a link with her mind to mind; greet her, and then ask her a question, which you should type out in Word; as the answer comes into your mind, type the answer after the question you’ve typed.

If the answer comes too quickly; ask her to slow down, as sometimes with the excitement of the link, people get emotional. When you’ve finished, say ‘bye for now’ until the next time and save your file as a record of the message.

I know you can do it, and you will get a lot of peace of mind from it. If at any time it doesn’t feel like your Mom; then break off the link.

This is quite a normal method of communication, and I do it every day with my spirit guide.

When my Dad died, I got a message back from him within 24hrs of his passing. His first words were, “You were right, life continues.”

Well ‘TruthAboutLife’, if you want any further advice, then feel free to U2U me.

Peace be with you.

PS - If you want to see an example of a Mother and Son communicating, click the link below. Matthew Ward 'died' in 1980, but he still communicates with his Mom, and you can read the latest messages.

www.matthewbooks.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join