It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mumbai is NOT Indias 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Sure the evens of the past week are tragic and sensless, but lets not sensationalise it with this title. I for one am tired of it.

Was the Bali bombing called Indonesias 9/11? Was the Lodon bombing the UK 9/11? Or how about Madrid train bombing. Was that Spains 9/11?
No! Each situation was unique and no where near as coorinated as that fateful day in September 2001. In fact, there were not as many deaths in all of these events together as there was in New York.

Let us deal with Mumbai and its own situation and respect those that have died there as thier own individual disaster. By comparing any future attacks anywhere to 9/11 lessens the importance if it for the victims and thier loved ones.
"Only two hundred odd people died in Mumbai. Thats nothing compared to 9/11" Try and tell that to the victims and survivors!!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I agree with you 100%. It is a horrible tragedy but I have a hard time with them wanting to scale it to how 9/11 was. Sadly that's how the media tries to get its point across because they fail at creatively being able to describe a situation.

Examples:

Earthquakes get compared to the last BIG one in the area

Every driving video game review is compared to gran turismo

Every new QB on a team gets compared to the last big great QB.

These are horrible examples but it just shows that's how people think and that's how the media feels it must describe something for people.

Sadly its just a way to make news and its disrespectful.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Thank you! I know the media will do what it can to hype it up. I just hope that the members here see through that and start to use common sense.
I have already seenthe comparisons here. Sure there are countless versions of the story, but the main one states that it is a totally different organisation for totally different reasons. Even more of a reason not to make the comparison.

join