It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any military grade computer protection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
so my grandma, the one that runs around with navajo natives and seamus and haji let special officer doofy use my computer today and for some reason its all wacked out.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
You're not talking about a $20,000,000.00 copy of Norton's internet security or some other package. Or are looking for a free package. One of the easiest is to create a restore point before you leave your computer so if anything is wonkers when you come back you can restore it.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
yes its called DeGraV 2.1 i have it on my computer it work pretty good and its free

heres tha link: /5dx85e

shortened it for ya hope it helps!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
that and lock it out wen you leave so nobody has access to it when you are not there. At home or at work if someone wants to use my computer they can only do it when I am present and looking over their shoulder......I know, sounds bad but I have had too many dumb friends wreck my computers only because they are not computer literate and some how screw it up when left unattended.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well yes ofcourse, its called a power button....lol

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Sounds like you need this software. www.faronics.com...

Faronics Deep Freeze helps eliminate workstation damage and downtime by making computer configurations indestructible. Once Deep Freeze is installed on a workstation, any changes made to the computer—regardless of whether they are accidental or malicious—are never permanent.

I am in no way associated with them, but I am however, a software tester by hobby.
You can seriously do Start\Run\Regedit\Delete All, then go to C:\ use Unlocker to unlock Windows folder, Select All, Delete. Reboot, and its like nothing ever happened.
It is quite annoying though when you download 80ish songs, forget about it, reboot and there all gone. (You can turn if off but it requires a reboot)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by raver2005
the one that runs around with navajo natives and seamus and haji

with racial/ethnic stereotypes.

Try doing what previous posters have suggested, using a "restore point", if you have one. Also, there are many free virus and malware scanners available, you might want to scan your system. If it's the browser only that's messing up, you might want to try reinstalling it, or switching browsers. Personally, I use the Firefox browser, and have found it works well.

Edit: more helpful, less sarcastic

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Ian McLean]

top topics

join