It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Mars??? Revisited: The scientific facts!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

umm zoom up of rocks??

those were rocks..

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

As for those photos I suppose you took them yourself and know for fact that they haven't been manipulate or anything of that sort right.

I'm a CG artist so I know very well how easy it is to manipulate photo's for it's part of my job to do so. Those photo's your talking about are from an external source not yourself which mean's they could be fabricated.

I mean think about the reasons they would manipulate those photo's? hmm... A image was released without proper analysis that contains a huge face on mar's. If they were trying to cover up any fact's that would change our view of life off this planet I would think that's a big one.

As for the other's someone saw it first and that person saw the pattern. Which mean's any one of us could have seen the pattern.

Have you ever thought you may see the world in a completely different way from everyone else? Example: If what you see as green and you know it as green from the moment your parents or whoever told you so was actually red to me but I also know that color as green. How would you know truly that the colors you see are not completely different from the colors others see but with the same names?

The brain is amazing and there are so many things we still don't know about it.

Think.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Sixth

oh yes the ol'e if the proof doesnt agree with your pre established conclusion, then it must be fake!!

get real. If thats the best you have then your not worth my time.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
i was more interested in the geometric shapes, the stairs visible in a few pics, enomolies casting shadows, etc..
But the rocks are cool as well,

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

If you can't do the proper research and just say everything is bogus then don't waste our time.

This should be a forum for open minded people talking about what is possible not to try and disprove things you really have no clue about. We as a human race know so little about the universe and what is really out there.

You shouldn't be here to disprove thing's. Instead you should be here to learn and converse about what is possible, coming up with your own conclusions about everything.

"True knowledge is knowing that you know nothing" (Albert Einstein)

Edit: (oh and I never said I believed that it was proof of life or anything. I was just saying don't try to disprove something you know nothing about. The fact is that formation is real what it is I Don't Know. I would love to talk about the possibilities though.)

[edit on 9-12-2008 by The_Sixth]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I DO do the research. If ou btoehred paying attention when I post most see it is most often accompanied by a link or video demonstrating the point, and always accompanied by science, so your obseration is PURE BS, and your only making it because Im willing to call BS for what it is
Mars threads, the starchild BS, all accopanied by research and information.

you wouldnt be making the same call if i was reverse: that is a UFO proponent waging all out war on skeptics.

ATS motto is deny ignorance. and I will continue to do so. Get used to it 6th sense.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC

I DO do the research. If ou btoehred paying attention when I post most see it is most often accompanied by a link or video demonstrating the point, and always accompanied by science, so your obseration is PURE BS, and your only making it because Im willing to call BS for what it is
Mars threads, the starchild BS, all accopanied by research and information.

you wouldnt be making the same call if i was reverse: that is a UFO proponent waging all out war on skeptics.

ATS motto is deny ignorance. and I will continue to do so. Get used to it 6th sense.

Yeah I know you do research but do you do enough? No. I payed attention I've seen those video's before. Most of what you post is from one standpoint of someone. In order to get all the facts straight you must do research from every angle possible and then come up with your own conclusion to that.

I wouldn't be making this "call" if you didn't say things were "Bogus" or "BS" I'm fine with your stand point but you shouldn't be going around saying this is BS or this is Bogus.

The Fact is you really don't know.

So for you to say anything is BS or Bogus is meaningless..

Edit: (oh and it's not the sixth sense.. It's The Sixth meaning I'm the Sixth but you wouldn't know anything about that.)

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This is interesting, especially the vegetation part.

Although I can't really tell what's official and what's not.

Does anyone have the actual photos from an official website?

Would greatly appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I DO do the research. If ou btoehred paying attention when I post most see it is most often accompanied by a link or video demonstrating the point, and always accompanied by science,

Yes you do that, maybe once in an entire thread spanning 3 pages, the rest is "bull", "nonsense", etc etc etc.

Denying ignornace is one thing, flaunting it is something else.

As I said, every now and then you do put up a link, a video, or reference a website like badastronomy or other. No denying that.

But perhaps the rest of the replies could also be a little more contributing besides the usual.

Doesnt really matter anyway, the people here are figuring it all out just fine with or without the colorful metaphores. It certianly would be nice to consider your point of view as one worth considering.

Maybe, just maybe one day we will all log in here and actually see something you say worth thinking about, not to mention, take seriously.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

the words Non sense and bull atually make up very ittle of my posts, usually the intro. Im not afraid to call a turd a turd.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

The proof is that scientists are looking for life in our own solar system and believe they have a good chance of finding it. They are doing so because there are moons and planets with all the elements needed for life to exist in some form.

We are finding life on earth in places we thought life would not exist and what's amazing about this is that some of these location's are not too different from conditions on some moons and planets in our solar system.

Now with that said out of the billions of stars, billions of solar systems, and billions upon billions of galaxies in this universe do you truly think there isn't life out there? I know a bunch of scientists have calculated that the amount of intelligent life possible in our own galaxy is around 50,000. Link to an the equation ( members.verizon.net... )

The thing that most people just don't get is that if there is life out there it's not just a few hundred years more advanced than us. There's a good chance it's millions of years more advanced.

With that in mind look what the human race has done in only a few thousand year's.

We wouldn't even be able to comprehend what is possible for a civilization that's that far ahead in advancement than us.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Sixth
reply to post by NavalFC

The proof is that scientists are looking for life in our own solar system and believe they have a good chance of finding it. They are doing so because there are moons and planets with all the elements needed for life to exist in some form.

We are finding life on earth in places we thought life would not exist and what's amazing about this is that some of these location's are not too different from conditions on some moons and planets in our solar system.

Now with that said out of the billions of stars, billions of solar systems, and billions upon billions of galaxies in this universe do you truly think there isn't life out there? I know a bunch of scientists have calculated that the amount of intelligent life possible in our own galaxy is around 50,000. Link to an the equation ( members.verizon.net... )

The thing that most people just don't get is that if there is life out there it's not just a few hundred years more advanced than us. There's a good chance it's millions of years more advanced.

With that in mind look what the human race has done in only a few thousand year's.

We wouldn't even be able to comprehend what is possible for a civilization that's that far ahead in advancement than us.

I think you GROSSLY mis understand me. Im not saying life is impossible in our solat system, indeeed the moons of jupiter and saturn may have bacterial life. But i find the notion that their is an intelligent cvilization on mars, or was, and NASA covering it up to be LUDICROUS> as you just said, NASA believes it can find life in this system, bacterial life. And they arent covrering up that at all.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

The point is not how many times "bull" or "nonsense" is in each post, it is the number of posts containing "bull" or "nonsense" within an entire 3 page spanning thread.

I think others would agree with that assertion. All they have to do is simply read them.

But hey who am I to point out the obvious, people here are pretty smart, and as I said earlier, they already have it figured out.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Yes you are correct they believe they will find bacterial life in our solar system. I believe there is still a good chance that there could have been a civilization on mar's maybe a few million year's ago maybe longer.

They have found oceans worth of water frozen on mar's now. There could have been massive changes on mars that covered up monuments and structures from sight. The sun was a lot more intense a long long time ago and mar's could have been that goldy locks planet at that time which would have made it possibly a lot more like earth. The amount of changes that could have occurred on mar's over that last billion year's is unknown. The only thing needed for mar's to support life is a ticker atmosphere to hold more heat. Nasa talks about future terraforming for the planet so it can't be that far off from supporting life or they wouldn't even consider it.

We also have seen photo's that show water/liquid had definitely flowed on mar's surface at some point.

www.sfgate.com.../n/a/2006/12/06/national/a100943S87.DTL&o=1&type=printable

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Ok lets discuss NASA's ready to admit to microbial life out there.

Suppose...just suppose, that size isnt a function of intelligence. I mean there are intelligent species on this planet and their brains are not the size of ours. For instance, certian birds are highly intelligent. Dogs and cats also exibit a form of intelligence. The dolphin, humpback whale, all have enough intelligence to be able to communicate.

So no one can say that if it does not match up to OUR level of intelligence, there can be no other intelligence, no matter how big or small it is. And if we did compare intelligence with size, how would you set the paramaters of intelligence of an elephant vs intelligence of a parakeet and what would be the "fine line" determining which one is intelligent or which one is not intelligent?

We cannot say for sure that there is no possibility until its proven. Just because NASA has not said it yet, does not mean NASA is God and defines the universal function of life and or intelligence.

For one, NASA has done some pretty un-intelligent things over the last 30 years. And we are to just accept their word that there is nothing else but what they say there is?

You know, that kind of thinking once worked back in the hey day of space and the infant years of NASA, but today, people are FAR more accepting of what may be besides the limited thinking of NASA.

NASA has not intriqued the public in over 30 years to even want to listen to what they have to say. At one time they were the pinacle of American space exploration and achievement. Now its nothing more than a huge buracracy of over-complexed projects and plans that are well outside of the budget horizon to keep the public thinking that "oh well there's nothing out there who cares". Nice way for NASA to keep it all to themselves and just throw us a little bone here and there.

In any case, their game is the very reason why there is so much inquery and presistant questioning of what they do and what they show. In effect, it is their own actions that are causing the influx of inquisiting minds that want to know. Sound familiar? It should.

Eventually they will HAVE to tell us the truth before someone else does. And for NASA"s sake, it certianly would be beneficial to them in the public opinion about NASA, for them to be the ones to tell us instead of another country's space program like China's or India's or Japan's.

Unless of course, NASA WANTS to be the laughing stock of the entire world. And thats what will happen, not to mention a huge angry public and inquery as to why all the secrecy.

If they want to cut their own throats, well who are we to stop them?! There are other nations getting ready to not just send probes out there, but manned missions. Seems to me that NASA had better get off the lame game and get with the program.

Once those other nations start publishing their images, their studies, their analysis, there wont be any way to stop it. Not even mighty NASA or even the US government.

Their control, dispite what those on the inside want to believe, IS limited in the long run.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

ok that post was all over the place an didnt seem to have one single focal point , but one thing you said just stood out "then not even mighty NASA can stop it" well guess what? multiple nations have now sent unmanned probes to the moon, and none ofthem have reported ANYTHING that NASA allegedly cover ups..strange huh?

No RF Burns, othr nations going into space wont eveal any "truth" because the truth is known nd the truth is NASA isnt hiding anything. What will happen as more and more nations head to space, is that when they do, and they to find nothing of the sort which UFO proponents allege, al the proponents will do is addthem to the cover up. then it will go from being a NASA cover up to a world wide space agency cover up as far as their story is concerned.

No truth. More nonsense.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

As far as your assement that NASA doesnt keep public attention..BS. NASA had the poubics attenion during the early days because of the space race and still does, thyey are always making new discoverines..

Exo planets? martian water Ice? Hubble deep field view? titan, europa, kuiper belt objects? we have learned a crapload about space thanks to them, and people like you want to fault them becase we dont have star trek type technology left. How about you actually look at the huge # of space discoveries thanks to NASA instead of giving such a ignorance filled assessment/

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Really? NASA has the public attention? Care to show us where?

Are you saying that currently NASA has the public attention and inspiration like they did back in 69, 70, 71, 72, 73????

Care to show us where?

Are you stuck in the 60's or what?

And Im glad my previous post was something that you couldnt follow because it was all over the place. That really messed up the one way thinking processes didnt it! Good that was the intent! Glad at least you saw the complexity of it. Sad tho that you couldnt follow it. Bet others could follow it just fine.

Other nations are not going to play NASA's game fella. Face up to that because unless the US government plans to invade these space going nations and prevent them from showing the world what they find, your once again just dreaming inside that little enclosed room.

They would NOT be going out into space if they just took NASA and US government's word on whats there. Why should they if that were the case? They could just log on to NASA's databases and get all that info..right? No they are going to go see for themselves my friend, and when they do and come home and show their own people's the information, and show the world, there wont be a thing you or NASA or US government can do about it.

It will happen, but just keep telling yourself what your trying to convince others here of. It will keep you safe and sound in YOUR little world, while the rest explore the REAL world, both here and byond.

You cannot stop the inevitable.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

what a crock. What do you mean other nations wont play NASAs game? other nations are already in space! other nations have sent probes to the moon! No revelations! no big blowing of the cover up. Nothing. No artifical structures or alien remants. o explain it to me RFburns, where is it?

The US isnt the only nation in space anymore!

Like I said,

when other nations go to space and find nothing of what you think is their, all your going to do is accuse them f being in on the cover up.
So far the other nations ahvent found ANYTHING of the things you say.
So? where is it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join