It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“OMG! ‘Faith’ and ‘Quantum Physics’ are the SAME thing!” Well Maybe…??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
reply to post by OldThinker

From what little I know of Quantum Physics, which isn't enough, it seems that things get awfully freaky when you start looking at very very small things very very closely. In fact, the very act of looking very very closely (ie Observing) seems to change the result. It gets really weird when you start getting to the ultimate basic building blocks of ....well everything!

Quantum Physics is about as close as you can get to a mystic/religious experience in hard science.

Great topic for a thread.

QP....mystic?????

I hear you....not sure YET what that means??????

I agree THERE IS A LINK.....

OT thx u for posting....let your SMART friends know we are here...we NEED more input...ok?

OT honored!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
reply to post by nj2day

A few pages back I asked about a word that is sounded when we breath?

Any thoughts on what it is....???

When I listen....when I breath....I heard........

YAHHHHHH>>>>>>>>

WEHHHHHH>>>>>>>>>>>

Man, that is freakin' wierd, huh?

You do it... listen......

Its AH....................AHHHHHHHHHHHH....................Goggle...def.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

holy crap dimensions are complicated....

And even freakier maybe it's dimensions is complicated, by that I mean that they are interconnected sides of the same thing. One can't exist with the other being there. When you start looking at the basic forces in the universe up close , they start to blur their distinctions.

Quantum Physicists must get some really bad headaches sometimes.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

holy crap dimensions are complicated....

Which should make it easy for God to exist in one of them! Especially if they are complicated...right up his alley!

[edit on 1-12-2008 by MatrixProphet]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

From what little I know of Quantum Physics, which isn't enough, it seems that things get awfully freaky when you start looking at very very small things very very closely. In fact, the very act of looking very very closely (ie Observing) seems to change the result. It gets really weird when you start getting to the ultimate basic building blocks of ....well everything!

Quantum Physics is about as close as you can get to a mystic/religious experience in hard science.

Great topic for a thread.

I know what you mean... but I have a different postulate on that than most scientists do...

You are talking of the sub atomic particles that exist mathematically, but when you look at them, they disappear, and the math changes?

Yah... wierd... but I think in a multidimensional construct that has 11 or more dimensions, we can only detect 3...

I think it is more likely that these particles aren't moving in their patters only in our 3 spacial dimensions, but instead have set up their "orbit" in all 11 dimensions...

The time spent in the dimension we can actually see would be extremely low...

There are also electrons that spontaniously pop in and out of existence all over the universe... I think this explaination resolves this issue as well...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

PAVIL????????

I was wondering where OT heard that before??????

Wasn't that the FIRST name of some Star Trek dude? OT loved that show/s!!!!!

OT 'MAKE IT SO!' in the JL Picard approach!!!!!!

PS: Spock would love the LOGIC, i think??????

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikk7111
For God, time would be irrelevant. when you say he would have to exist in time is kind of misleading.......Note: God can be a part of any time or eternity, but he is not bound by the laws of time, therein time has no effect on him. God started time to coexist with man not God, the effects of time are prevalent with man IE:aging, but to God they do not exist.

**keep in mind, for me this is speaking in hypotheticals, so my answers will probably raise more questions than answers... oh wait... thats just Quantum LOL**

but anyway, in order to affect a dimension, you have to exist within it...

we exist within 4 dimensions... and can traverse and effect events in any of our 4 (very small change in time... as we can't move fast enough to be noticeable yet). But, we can not effect gravity, which is most likely a dimension in itself...

I still think that relativity could be the answer, as if you take god out of time, you end up creating the paradox of affecting a dimension he's not part of...

Or, you might take a more Pantheistic approach... and instead of saying god exists in these dimensions... state that God might BE all 11 dimensions...

food for thought...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

reply to post by pavil

PAVIL????????

I was wondering where OT heard that before??????

Wasn't that the FIRST name of some Star Trek dude? OT loved that show/s!!!!!

OT 'MAKE IT SO!' in the JL Picard approach!!!!!!

PS: Spock would love the LOGIC, i think??????

nj2day....it the NEXSIS (sp?) I think? That's where 'James Tiberious Kirk' ended up, right?

That must be the last demension????

Where's BONES when you need him? Oh, he died...in eternity....think he's 'wating' for us?????

Sorry, it's late....got to sleep!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

actually, they believe there are at least 11 dimensions... lots more than 7

................holy crap dimensions are complicated....

Do you mean HOLY CRAP I AM SMART? You, not me....ever thought you'd be USED of God....to further HIS work? eeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!

bah, not worried... I'll let you guys have your fun with this religion thing until science understands more of the universe...

we're still working on it... but it'll happen.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
would anyone have an explanation as to why i think stuff and it happens.

In the film "what the bleep do we know" it kind of explains it, but it says that you have to feel and want it, ive tried that and it works too, but why am i able to think something in a particular way and it happens.

For example i made a lightning bolt appear in the middle of a field by thinking it. And it was just a simple thought. Sometimes ill be thinking about something like for example, "i wish i knew more about survival stuff" and a thread on ATS would open up everything to do with Survival, this has happened many times with different topics. Also ive had this ability since i was in grade 7 or 8 (im 18 now) and at first i thought it was magic, then i thought it was me imagining things but it wasnt, i tested it. About a year or 2 ago i asked for something to explain what this was, thats when i discovered the movie the secret only a few days later. I have changed the weather, the way people act, think, ive slowed down time, ive manipulated a helicopter in the sky.

The thing is i cant control it, i can only control it about 5% of the time i do it and all of those times its something small or i was in a state of heightened spirituality type thing.

What i want to know is if anyone has any theories as to what is going on with me???

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

tt, you're Canadian!!!

That's it...

ot

Seriously...have you been able to do this your whole life....

What's your faith? if any?

[edit on 1-12-2008 by OldThinker]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

yah, that was the nexus lol

You might be blurring dimensions with alternate universes though...

a single dimension is a straight line... nothing can exist (except for a line...) in 1 dimension... 2 dimensions is the minimum something can exist at

each dimension is an axis... if there are indeed 11 dimensions, than there are 11 axis... each meet each other at the same point... and are perpendicular to each other...

thats what makes it hard to fathom... 11 lines all intersecting each other at the same point all at 90 degree angles...

makes ur brain melt lol

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

tt, you're Canadian!!!

That's it...

ot

Seriously...have you been able to do this your whole life....

What's your faith? if any?

LOL yeah its cause im Canadian

but no it started in grade 7 i believe, at least thats as far as i can remember

my faith is that There is an eternal source known to us as the supreme being who is us and is not us, who is everything and is nothing

I dont believe in god though

any theories on my predicament?? if you need any other info just ask

[edit on 1-12-2008 by tankthinker]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

yah, that was the nexus lol

You might be blurring dimensions with alternate universes though...

a single dimension is a straight line... nothing can exist (except for a line...) in 1 dimension... 2 dimensions is the minimum something can exist at

each dimension is an axis... if there are indeed 11 dimensions, than there are 11 axis... each meet each other at the same point... and are perpendicular to each other...

thats what makes it hard to fathom... 11 lines all intersecting each other at the same point all at 90 degree angles...

makes ur brain melt lol

We call that DOE (design of experiment)

OT is a Master Black Belt in LEAN SIX SIGMA....did
i tell you that before????

Yeah, OT is a 'MATHMETICAL STATISTICS DUDE.....who would have thought it....with all my 'feelings' ranting?

Maybe that's why Simply balks at half my posts? It must be an engineering thing?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

reply to post by juveous

juveous, don't think we have come across one another before...how'd you see the thread? You have certainly helped here...

PS? Any thoughts on my OP questions...maybe you have some of your own, we should consider?

I'm always lurking in the metaphysics forum

my thoughts are basically; scientist admit (as smart as those fellars are) that what they are discovering is strange, and its funny because it basically requires them to think unrealistically to make sense of it. basically physicists are using a reductionist method of thinking - breaking down the complex into individual simpler systems to make sense of it (which has had great impacts in the past - we have gone from the understanding of the atom to electrons and nuclei to protons and neutrons to quarks and gluons, its getting smaller and smaller and more complex and mysterious.

It seems a theme that is developing is that we are mapping our physical reality with thought. not creating it but guiding it. I'm still looking into theories of expectation, but faith has been increasingly interesting as well. The thing is, faith/belief have a power like no other. It is not about a stance in lack of evidence like so many presume, (although it can). To me faith is a feeling that has to do with your trust in your experience without FEAR.

It is why I have always put faith and love in the same category - although the 2 have different meanings, love can come from a desire - the inclination of something wanted (as can fear). But desires from fear are selfish, as love is selfless - for the concern of something else - putting a trust in it.
as for my definitions to them anyway.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by juveous]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
any theories on my predicament?? if you need any other info just ask

We have absolutely no idea what the limits on the human mind are... none...

we are also just beginning to discover the true nature of our universe...

Daniel Dennet created a nifty term to describe natural occurences that appear to be supernatural because we do not fully understand what exactly is going on... but will someday...

This term is Supranatural.

My guess is if you've seen this happen... See if there are any studies you can participate in... the sooner we can discover the true nature of the supranatural, the faster we can enhance our knowledge of other supranatural occourances...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

For example i made a lightning bolt appear in the middle of a field by thinking it. And it was just a simple thought.

This is a guy you don't want as an enemy..............(once upon a time "Tank I'll kick your...........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZaaaappp!!!!!!!!!! BOOM!..........dust slowly floats and swirls to the ground.........Tank looks for a new friend)..

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker

I dont believe in god though.....

You mean I don't believe in the god (portayed by those religious folks who say the bible says, such)?

I don't either....there is more to HIM then that?

Have you seen... www.abovetopsecret.com... over a 1000 responses for you to chew on about our MIS-INTERPRETATION...posted froma good man....nj2day...check it out...

also...pls see... www.abovetopsecret.com... this one taks about this world without a Jesus Christ...pretty scary....

Thanks so much for more than lurking....we appreciate the post!!! Keep um' coming and let your SMART friends know, ok?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The thing is it seems just like a coincidence to everyone else, but it happens so many times to me that it can't be coincidence

i mean what are the odds a lightning bolt falls in the middle of a field right were i thought it would two minutes after i thought it.

i think that the matrix has some stuff relating to this. They can manipulate the world around them to bend to their will. Morpheus tells Neo to let go of two things so that he can be able to do this: FEAR and DOUBT

Now over the past few years ive learned to subside my Fear, now the thing i am having trouble with is doubt, my mind keeps automatically thinking that what i am trying to change is not possible, i wonder if there is anything that i can do about this.

btw i talked to a guy involved with the Secret team from email, he didnt seem interested, i guess he didnt believe me.

Also why is it me that has this and no one else that i have heard of??

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Thanks for the kind words OT.

I'm sure you've noticed in the past I don't typically get aggressive about my beliefs until someone attacks me with theirs

There's a descent definition "god" that I would be willing to accept in there as well :p I don't know if you saw that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join