It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“OMG! ‘Faith’ and ‘Quantum Physics’ are the SAME thing!” Well Maybe…??

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

badmedia, thanks for the vid...

Please see... www.firstthings.com...

Here's one for you, the author is...

STEPHEN M. BARR is a theoretical particle physicist at the Bartol Research Institute of the University of Delaware and the author of Modern Physics and Ancient Faith and A Student’s Guide to Natural Science.

Excerpts...

My own opinion is that the traditional Copenhagen interpretation of quantum theory still makes the most sense. In two respects it seems quite congenial to the worldview of the biblical religions: It abolishes physical determinism, and it gives a special ontological status to the mind of the human observer. By the same token, it seems quite uncongenial to eastern mysticism. As the physicist Heinz Pagels noted in his book The Cosmic Code: “Buddhism, with its emphasis on the view that the mind-world distinction is an illusion, is really closer to classical, Newtonian physics and not to quantum theory [as traditionally interpreted], for which the observer-observed distinction is crucial.”

If anything is clear, it is that quantum theory is as mysterious as ever. Whether the future will bring more-compelling interpretations of, or even modifications to, the mathematics of the theory itself, we cannot know. Still, as Eugene Wigner rightly observed, “It will remain remarkable, in whatever way our future concepts develop, that the very study of the external world led to the conclusion that the content of the consciousness is an ultimate reality.” This conclusion is not popular among those who would reduce the human mind to a mere epiphenomenon of matter. And yet matter itself seems to be telling us that its connection to mind is more subtle than is dreamt of in their philosophy.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ranger23
Far too complicated for me to understand. I hate science. It's just cool that science and archaelogy is pretty much backing up the Bible(Real science at least)

Ranger23,

Good point...

Boy, there are some great mysteries out there for sure...

OT

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Ahh, so different dimensions are simply engaged and born from thought (subjectively speaking) ? Or is this all objective? Or both??!

I love this stuff!!!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
To be is to be percieved.

And for the objective reality to exist, the universal probability wave requires observation from the mind of God.

P.S. I HIGHLY recommend this book, with regards to a quantum interpretation of "miracles".

The Holographic Universe
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241845267&sr=8-1

"The Kingdom of Heaven is close at hand."

[edit on 9-5-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

badmedia, thanks for the vid...

Please see... www.firstthings.com...

Here's one for you, the author is...

STEPHEN M. BARR is a theoretical particle physicist at the Bartol Research Institute of the University of Delaware and the author of Modern Physics and Ancient Faith and A Student’s Guide to Natural Science.

Excerpts...

My own opinion is that the traditional Copenhagen interpretation of quantum theory still makes the most sense. In two respects it seems quite congenial to the worldview of the biblical religions: It abolishes physical determinism, and it gives a special ontological status to the mind of the human observer. By the same token, it seems quite uncongenial to eastern mysticism. As the physicist Heinz Pagels noted in his book The Cosmic Code: “Buddhism, with its emphasis on the view that the mind-world distinction is an illusion, is really closer to classical, Newtonian physics and not to quantum theory [as traditionally interpreted], for which the observer-observed distinction is crucial.”

If anything is clear, it is that quantum theory is as mysterious as ever. Whether the future will bring more-compelling interpretations of, or even modifications to, the mathematics of the theory itself, we cannot know. Still, as Eugene Wigner rightly observed, “It will remain remarkable, in whatever way our future concepts develop, that the very study of the external world led to the conclusion that the content of the consciousness is an ultimate reality.” This conclusion is not popular among those who would reduce the human mind to a mere epiphenomenon of matter. And yet matter itself seems to be telling us that its connection to mind is more subtle than is dreamt of in their philosophy.

Thoughts?

Late reply, I didn't realize this was here.

The thing about all this stuff is perspective. Things will appear different depending on the perspective.

For example, what they see as waves is IMO only a small part of it. They aren't exactly waves and don't really move. It is the perception across the static and only seeing a small portion at a time that makes it appear that way.

But it is fine if people see it as a wave. Up from only a particle I'd call that progress. What I say up there isn't proven, but perhaps someday they will be able to see it deeper into that.

For example. Lets imagine a road that has a bunch of hills, like a wave. They are all the same frequency/wave lengths. Lets put a car on this road, moving at a set speed. Now, rather than having the person in the car see the entire scene lets make it so the only time he ever see's anything is at the peak of each hill. If you sync it up as he is moving and all he see's is the peak of this hill, and they go on for infinity, then this person will not realize the hills go up and down, and he will not realize he is moving. He will see everything before him on the road in a solid state. This is like seeing a particle. Like if you take a strobe light and if you blinked your eyes in sync with it, every picture you seen was light, it wouldn't look like a strobe light.

Now, lets increase the mans vision a bit, let him see a little more. Now he is seeing a few times and not just at the tops of each. He will then see the hills, waves and movement. He doesn't realize the car itself is moving, as it is static and is always moving at a constant rate(this is time), but he can see the hills in front of him changing. His perspective has now changed and he has moved from seeing it from solid state to wave form.

And then one day he figures out what time actually is. And so now he is able to stop the car. Finally again he finds that all the hills and waves are actually static and don't move, it only seems that way because of the car(time). This will be when they start looking at the waves in terms of Einsteins theory of special relativity. Some do this now.

In that manner, all are right. Einstein is right, no dice, nothing is probable. But, what makes it "probable" to us is the human/consciousness factor. Because all these things exist we have choice. Dooms the deterministic argument. Because of choice, you are moving across these dimensions all the time. And so things become probably based on the choices and so forth.

So when it comes to the argument of Buddhism vs biblical, I think it's all a matter of perspective. Both can be right at the same time, just different ways of understanding things. I'm no expert on them, or what way he is thinking of them.

It's like the story of the blind men and the elephant where all the men are allowed to touch the elephant. Each man touches a unique place on the elephant, and then while each of them touched the same elephant, they argued with each over what the elephant was like. One touches the trunk, describes it as a rope, another touches the side, describes it like a wall. So while all of them had a piece of the truth and what they described of the elephant was in part true, none of them had all of the truth. So they wasted their time arguing, and if each of them had instead decided to realize each of them "seen" the same thing from a different perspective, each of them could have gained a better understanding on what the elephant really looked like.

Too much arguing about right and wrong between religions rather than trying to understand things from a bigger perspective. The bigger the perspective, the more truth one can see. I identify better with the bible because it's my culture and so forth. Wouldn't be fair of me to say much about buddhism as it's not my culture, but I can see wisdom and understanding in a good bit of what I have read/seen of it, and that is a sign of the father. Understanding has no written language, and no written language or culture can ever claim a monopoly on it. To do so is like saying 1+1=2 is true and 1+2=3 is not.

If half the truth is often the greatest lie, then refusal to look at things from the other side guarantees you living in a lie.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
To be is to be percieved.

And for the objective reality to exist, the universal probability wave requires observation from the mind of God.

P.S. I HIGHLY recommend this book, with regards to a quantum interpretation of "miracles".

The Holographic Universe
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241845267&sr=8-1

"The Kingdom of Heaven is close at hand."

[edit on 9-5-2009 by OmegaPoint]

ok...

what brought you to OT's old thread?

OT ready for bed now, though???

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

bad media, ok...

got this late too...

I'll check the details tomorrow ok...

Appreciate you...and respond with more tomorrow...

OT

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

Ahh, so different dimensions are simply engaged and born from thought (subjectively speaking) ? Or is this all objective? Or both??!

I love this stuff!!!

i love it tooo...

thx for joining us...

OT

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

This is true.

Science has gone very far in their ' paraphysics '. People, unknowingly thought creates, it's a natural habit. Once you can control you are a magician. You can go very far in this.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by etherical waterwave]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave

This is true.

Science has gone very far in their ' paraphysics '. People, unknowingly thought creates, it's a natural habit. Once you can control you are a magician. You can go very far in this.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by etherical waterwave]

THOUGHTS can create...

Appreciate the post here!

OT

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have only read up to the 3 rd page becuase this on top of what im already reading and researchin is causing my brain to overload(joyful over load though). I first want say kudos to the OP and everyone who has positive contributions to this thread. It's refreshing to finally see people Merging religion with science instead of fighting against one or another. i always figured through that we can find the truth.
I think religion was a way to show people how to live a righteoeous,caring,and loving life so humanity as a whole could evolve to a much greater thing.

I think god is just our real timeless form showing us the way(consciousness). It is said that in the end days god will pass judgement but who is best to pass judgement on you than yourself. You can hide feelings from everyone else but you cant hide those things from yourself.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by verastyle
I have only read up to the 3 rd page becuase this on top of what im already reading and researchin is causing my brain to overload(joyful over load though). I first want say kudos to the OP and everyone who has positive contributions to this thread. It's refreshing to finally see people Merging religion with science instead of fighting against one or another. i always figured through that we can find the truth.
I think religion was a way to show people how to live a righteoeous,caring,and loving life so humanity as a whole could evolve to a much greater thing.

I think god is just our real timeless form showing us the way(consciousness). It is said that in the end days god will pass judgement but who is best to pass judgement on you than yourself. You can hide feelings from everyone else but you cant hide those things from yourself.

sorry for the late response...

Yeah, maybe the truth is in finding agreement and not hostile debate. Thx for your thoughts....

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm no wizard on Quantum Physics
But a science with probability is pretty amazing to me
I don't doubt the science to it at all
But I believe there must be an explanation for events that may appear 'random' and unpredictable
Maybe just on a deeper level
There must be some force if you like, dictating events that we can't comprehend
Maybe it's our intentions being the ultimate force? Making us God as a collective?
Maybe Einstein was still correct when he said "God does not play dice."
Or maybe we're gamblers and beggars?
*shrugs*

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IrnBruFiend

Well, thank you for your thoughts, I haven't seen this ole thread for a while

OT

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

hello oldthinker ...

assume you are correct and there is a direct connection between quantum physics and that which is being described by faiths ....

then certainly we could expect that any level of commuication from the quantum level would be reflected/transferred or represented in languages created from quantum stuff .....

i need not set aside my faith to endure a conversation that entertains such ideas .... my faith is truth.

sing you lair e.t.
sing you lair it "+"
sing u lar it +
singularity

eve in adds whore eyes on ...
eve n + hor iz on
event horizon

eden = edun [mirror] nude

truth is encrypted and encoded in all communication ...

lose cypher? (a cypher is a key to unlocking a code)

"look i fear" = luc i fer = lucifer

if consciousness resides in, moves through, or is involved with communication through what is "matter", then perhaps we should start listening.

i know i am

alphabet=alpha bet

moses got a response when he asked who was sending him ...

"i am that i am"

I AM

fast forward "thousands" of years (like time matters) ....
who do you call in case of an emergency ....
trinity has connotations to god, but it also means 3
911 trinity = 9113 = 9 1 13 =
9th letter of alpha bet is I
first letter of alpha bet is A
thirteenth letter of alpha bet is M

911 trinity = i am.

"inner eye" = inr i = INRI (feel free to consult webster's web stirrers and "i am's" dictionary for definition)

pacific coast of north and south americas resembles earth's highest lifeform ... a primate facing eastward ..

what are the odds?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
one example of how faith has managed to encode the truth of the future into the words:

dinosaur.
first feathers on earth came from dinosaurs, and birds come from raptor class ...
so did they die out? no, they soar through the air like an eagle ..
die? no! soar!
dinosaur

we named them dinosaurs hundreds of years before we knew they evolved into birds ...

war lid add raid seen across earth
wor ld + rade cen + ur
world +rade cen+ur
world trade center

even if an omnipotent god existed, who's listening

people can't see what's not possible to them.

how many times must earth recieve the same advice before it takes it?

BE NOT AFRAID

it seems to me that only EVERY MESSENGER has had that same advice ...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
. Once you can control you are a magician. You can go very far in this.

control it????

you are full of something ....

SEE EYE GAME =
SEE = C
EYE = I
GAME = GAME

SEE EYE GAME =
C I GAM

CIGAM [mirror] MAGIC

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
sue seige?

sue seige = su sej = susej [mirror] jesus

ancient name for pyramid = mr
first space station = mir
king of the beasts says: = me roar

when your life passes before your eyes, you witness it in reverse, from point of death to point of origin.

hence, "mirror"

doubt it? know death as i do.

death is nothing other than the result of fear's constructs.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Sweet set of posts, I'm gonna need some time to review...thank you for the time and effort!!!

OT

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
Found this quote on a positive thinkers forum on Amazom...

Just been googling to see if there may be supplemental material out there..

There have been four landmark discoveries that link together your faith and science in an unprecedented way:

Discovery 1: There is a field of energy that connects all creation

oh the heck with all this cut and pasting...here's the rest...

Discovery 2: This field plays the role of a container, a bridge and a mirror for the beliefs within us
Discovery 3: The field is nonlocal and holographic. Every part of it is connected to every other, and each piece mirrors the whole on a smaller scale. (Just as our DNA)
Discovery 4: We communicate with the field through the language of emotion
What I want you to see in all these scientific determinations is that science is just now confirming what the Bible has been saying for centuries, and that atoms can change based on information provided to it, either through thought, emotion, or words. And if an atom is effected by thought, emotion, or words, then molecules are effected by thought, emotion, or words; and if molecules are effected then matter can be effected and changed, and if matter, then everything around you!

Source: www.amazon.com...

whoa mindblowing i say

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join