It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“OMG! ‘Faith’ and ‘Quantum Physics’ are the SAME thing!” Well Maybe…??

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
well, im not an atheist - i may not believe in god

but i believe in the supreme being, and i believe it was him or should i say me/him/everyone/everything/nothing/no one that gave me this.

btw what do you mean by disconnects???

edit: well i got an exam tomorrow and i haven't studied yet so... have a good night and ill pick up tomorrow

[edit on 2-12-2008 by tankthinker]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

(you are gone for now)

you notice how FREAKILY similiar mine and RiK's last posts are to TT ?

I'll check in tomorrow....

OT
Phil 1:3

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

WHOA!

so I was doing some reading... into M theory...

Its brilliant.. absolutely brilliant...

it could explain so much if it is proven... (which it probably won't)

Seriously guys... Quantum hasn't got ANYTHING on M-theory...

I'd read up on it... especially as it might pertain to the creation of our universe!

link   

Originally posted by tankthinker...
btw what do you mean by disconnects??? quote]

Sleep on it ok?

OT

maybe the AM will have some answers?

link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
well, im not an atheist - i may not believe in god

but i believe in the supreme being, and i believe it was him or should i say me/him/everyone/everything/nothing/no one that gave me this.

btw what do you mean by disconnects???

edit: well i got an exam tomorrow and i haven't studied yet so... have a good night and ill pick up tomorrow

[edit on 2-12-2008 by tankthinker]

Tank, no one is bashing you my friend, we just are confused that you said you use to be a Christian then asked God for this power and that God gave it to you, and now you do not... believe in God. ?????

Sorry, if we seem inane and pushy.....We mean no harm, just trying to help you at your request.,,Good luck on your exam.............

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

WHOA!

so I was doing some reading... into M theory...

Its brilliant.. absolutely brilliant...

it could explain so much if it is proven... (which it probably won't)

Seriously guys... Quantum hasn't got ANYTHING on M-theory...

I'd read up on it... especially as it might pertain to the creation of our universe!

Thanks NJ, I will check into it bro.............

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

M ?

You may be on to something there....let me know tomorrow!

Too late, 2 tired now!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Tankthinker, whatever you saw in the matrix, there's nothing new there that hasn't been said before by some philosopher . It just comes in a different package.

As for the OT, it's filled with assumptions. You cannot follow truth based on assumptions. In fact, you cannot follow truth because doing it you'll always to base your though on something, that is, assumptions. And every assumption is just a face of the infinite-side polygon of the fraction of reality.

To seek truth is not to think. Is to open your mind and let everything come in. In fact, to seek the truth doesn't even make sense. It's like seeking a pen which is right in front of you. You can't seek it. You can only feel it. So sit down, relax and let it come in.

Everything is possible. Everything exists. Nothing was created. Everything has always been here. Like a picture. And right now your only looking at a tiny spot of it. And you have eternity to assimilate every little detail of the picture you're looking at.

So relax and feel it. Everything will be all right.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by NinterX]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
K guys... I did some searching...

here's a quick 9 min synopsis to give the basics of M-theory...

It of course goes deeper than that... but thats the basics.. (well, the BIG basics lol it does include some stuff... the smaller stuff like gravity existing on another dimension, and quantum mechanics dictating that there MUST be parallel universes... you'll have to read... there isn't a whole lot of videos that I've found on that yet.

Its all Theoretical physics of course... but the numbers seem to add up so far...

I'll have to get a book... and a crate of Asprin

[edit on 3-12-2008 by nj2day]

[edit on 3-12-2008 by nj2day]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
GOD created both
both exist
waiting for you to recognize them
GOD expects you to know one more than the other

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Firstly, there are far too many -and oddly placed- question marks ("?" should not to be used like "." or ":", mkay?) in your post for me to be able to distinguish your assertions from your questions. This is a bit too long for a text and messy to sort it out. Please, next time don't spend paragraphs introducing your ideas and thanking ATS moderators, just get to the point. It's be less of an hassle for readers, and you'll end up having a better flowing, and more constructive debate.

Now about this:

Another question? Saw this on ‘Genius Forum’ Is there substance that holds all things together? According to the ‘Bundle Theory’ there isn't. It says all things are just bundles or sums of their properties. The objection to this view comes from the substrate theory which asks: If there is no substance what is it that holds these properties together? There must be some substance that has these properties is what they say.

We never reach the substance because whenever we talk about something we talk about its properties. The definition of substance makes it impossible. Substance would be something that has no properties, which is unthinkable.

Substance is indeed not at all in the interests of modern science, since most of the scientific community works within the realm of analytical research, which means an approach where you actually prove, disprove and eventually explain phenomenons of the Universe by relying solely upon fundamental theory and already validated facts. This is, at the same time, one of the major handicaps of today's "Science", as it is unable to overcome and recognize simple, isolated phenomenons that represent a contradiction with the widely accepted theories and laws.

That "substance" that hold things together could have been far better understood by scientists if their system of beliefs would not be based upon "analysis" of data, but rather on its synthesis. The thing that's called Dark Matter, and Dark Energy is, in fact something a lot more simple than that "eluding" substance as they so much like to call it. It is only that the Universe obeys to processes which seems to always be beyond the laws we get to make up.

The law of gravity is therefore a pathetic attempt into explaining a vast range of phenomenons related to a far deeper and wider order that we usually call "electro-magnetic" dynamics, and this is how goes the "wave" hypothesis... that things in this Universe are governed by the forces emerging from the relation between two or many bodies, or poles, or whatever you wanna call it. Seen from an EM telescope, the Universe looks far from being empty, or full of that Dark substance that we use to see, but rather full of energy waves that moves, transform and even "animate" matter (makes it seemingly move by itself), and creates life through the electrical interactions between particles..

Society,to this extent is the result of interaction between a vast multitude of individuals, groups and organizations of all sorts, with diverging or converging interests of many kinds. Like the rest of the facts, or matter, in this Universe, society is thoroughly dynamic, always moving, although it generates more permanent elements on the long term such as the economic/political system, that seem to prevail through time and come to our sense as being static (like the well-known "State"), material and even sometimes universal. You don't SEE society, but we see its results, its push, the matter it creates (and people it brings to life, or kills), the structures it makes, and therefore it can be also viewed as part of this "dark substance".

This is not "faith",this is only a different approach to scientific research and observation. Based upon the construction of knowledge with observed facts rather than the submission of facts to already recognized knowledge. Faith is to see only what your beliefs tells you to see.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikk7111

F) How does the Law of Attraction fit?

I believe it is in the same book of thought......Thought must precede its action, you have to think about something before it can exist.............before a building is ever created, it must first have been created in the mind.

Yes, I hang pipe, heating and air and I must first vision the pipe completely in place before I can even begin to run it. If not, I run into many problems.

I think the book of John touches on that as well.

" In the beginning was the word .."
A word is 'verbal' thought. A vessel that launches thought into the World.

My grandfather used to say.
A word can't be seen by anything but an ear.
The word is god, the ear is science and right now it is closed.
One day it will open and the kingdom will descend to Earth.

That would be some good news for a lot of people.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NinterX
Tankthinker, whatever you saw in the matrix, there's nothing new there that hasn't been said before by some philosopher . It just comes in a different package.

As for the OT, it's filled with assumptions. You cannot follow truth based on assumptions. In fact, you cannot follow truth because doing it you'll always to base your though on something, that is, assumptions. And every assumption is just a face of the infinite-side polygon of the fraction of reality.

To seek truth is not to think. Is to open your mind and let everything come in. In fact, to seek the truth doesn't even make sense. It's like seeking a pen which is right in front of you. You can't seek it. You can only feel it. So sit down, relax and let it come in.

Everything is possible. Everything exists. Nothing was created. Everything has always been here. Like a picture. And right now your only looking at a tiny spot of it. And you have eternity to assimilate every little detail of the picture you're looking at.

So relax and feel it. Everything will be all right.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by NinterX]

Thank you for your thoughts?

You seem to think assumptions are bad?

What if they are the right assumptions?

OT

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
i didnt think anyone was bashing me, sorry if it came out that way

what i am trying to say is that just because i asked "god" for this ability doesnt mean he was the one who gave it to me

I think that god is a symbol of all the misrepresentations of a otherworldly deity that effects our earth

To me god is what people use in religion and to worship

In my view that is different from a supreme being, who could be anything from a man to an infinite flow of cosmic dust, the point is i dont know.

btw when i said i asked for some power, that could have no relation whatsoever its only speculation, but i guess when considering the law of attraction it would make sense that i wanted a power so bad and imgined my self having so much that the normal powers in humans just got intensified in me. All speculation though.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
mornin...

Just woke up... and the more I keep thinking about it (this morning)... the more I realize...

The substance holding "it" together... is Coffee

OT, you get a chance to see that vid yet?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

I tried the vid. It sys it is no longer available. Got another?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

dang it.. hehe

Yah, Lemme see if I can find another one...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
actually... its still there... I'm watching it...

for some reason, its not available unless you go to youtube though....

give this link a shot:

www.youtube.com...

its pretty complicated... but this video simplifies it, and give the basic ideas...

I did some reading... the whole theory is genius... absolutely genius... Even if it doesn't turn out to be true, it shows exactly how "outside" the box people are capable of thinking...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Thanks nj2day. That video is a great appetizer. I want to search some more.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

"M THEORY" ?

Thought that was 007's way of 'managing up'

Nah, treo's don't show streaming, darn!

Let me get the ABC's of work done today, and I'll get to M tonight, k?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join