It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW Metallica album - Death Magnetic (reviews..comments)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Dude.....two words...HELL YES.

My brother burned a copy and sent it to me this past weekend and I was half expecting it to be similar to their last two albums...sort of iffy. For any Metallica fans who love the "old" sound...the hard drum beats and fast driven guitars you know the last albums since the Black Album have been somewhat hit and miss.

While there have still been a few good songs produced by Metallica since Black Album...there hasnt been a complete record made since that was just great from beginning to end.

Until now.

This new album I can honestly say every song is good if not great. Lot's of the old sound remeniscent of Master of Puppets or Kill Em All....but still infusing the harmonies and excellent songwriting as well. Hetfield is back to writing great lyrics, Lars and Kirk have discovered some new found well of energy and passion, Rob Trujillo is as good or better than Jason Newsted ever was.

I love this new album...it absolutely rocks from start to finish. I had almost given up on these guys but apparently they have been saving some of their best stuff for last.

This would make an excellent gift for any metalhead on your Xmas shopping list.

Here are a couple of the new tracks...enjoy...comment...what do ya think?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
death magnetic is pretty awesome.

although, as a guitar player i was a little bit disappointed, i wasnt expecting the guitars to be so simple...... but oh well, it is still a great album.

i wouldnt compare it to master of puppets, or any other album by metallica, i think this is a pretty unique album.

my two favorites are cyanide and that was just your life. but all the songs are pretty rockin.

1-10.....it gets a 9.5 from me.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
There was a time when they were my favorite band.
After the whole napster fiasco I realized they are nothing but
a bunch of sellouts, trying to be something real which they were not,
anymore anyway. I admit they can play well but I lost so much respect for them I get annoyed any time I hear their music now, too bad for me.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Metallica really surprised me with the new album. I wouldn't go as far as to say its as good as Ride the Lightning or Master of Puppets. Those days are long gone for Metallica. Still, Death Magnetic is a damn good album. Certainly it is the best thing they've put out in many years. Its nice to know they've still got it.

new topics

top topics

join