It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The two villages where mothers killed EVERY baby born a boy for ten years

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

The two villages where mothers killed EVERY baby born a boy for ten years

www.dailymail.co.uk

By virtually wiping out the 'male stock', tribal women hope they can avoid deadly bow-and-arrow wars between the villages in the future.

'Babies grow into men and men turn into warriors,' said Rona Luke, a village wife who is attending
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
There is some dispute about this story but I can see that excess testosterone needs to be strictly controlled for best good and stability of a society

testosteroe in excessive amounts in women is as bad for society and excess testosterone is bad in men

just think what would happen if all criminals had their excess testosterone tinkered with instead of jail time - I think there would be a lot more people willing to find an alternative way to dealing with frustration than road rage for example

testosterone has been named as the hormone involved in a high sex drive in both males and females and also a tendency to aggression

if society could control testosterone levels in a society - just think - spouses may not cheat on each other and less tendency to solve frustrations by use of aggression

having said that - I dont think our scientists know how to tinker with testosterone levels as yet so it seems the way the PNG women have done it is the only way.

so is that what happened in pre historic matriatchal societies? if men did not behave they were denied sex or worse- baby boys were killed off so that tribal wars could be stopped?

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So what you are suggesting as a good idea is genetically altering males so that they do not have too much testosterone, thus ending war, crime, etc etc.

I'm appalled. So it does not matter if someone is guilty or not... let's just change them anyway, just in case. This really seems like a good idea to you?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Is that the same as "chemical castration?"

Hasn't that already been proposed?

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
How ironic. To stop war and bloodshed, they actually kill all the males?

To me, that doesn't seem to a problem with testosterone, rather a problem regarding a lack of critical thinking.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Is that the same as "chemical castration?"

Hasn't that already been proposed?

It already exists, it's called feminism.

Seriously, those people have a serious problem.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yeah great idea this, then twenty years later there is no men to defend the dried up old mad bats and their village gets taken from them. Plus forward thinking alone did no one say this might lead to a polulation problem whats there bright idea then, try to encourage immigration

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
smoking pot lowers testosterone production. i don't see lower crime rates among pot smokers. I see quite the opposite.

Go fish.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Sooooo, thats where Irina Dunn and Gloria Steinem vacationed in the 90's.
Yup perfect idea, Gives new meaning to the term Amazons!!!

Zindo

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
So what you are suggesting as a good idea is genetically altering males so that they do not have too much testosterone, thus ending war, crime, etc etc.

I'm appalled. So it does not matter if someone is guilty or not... let's just change them anyway, just in case. This really seems like a good idea to you?

this is a difficutl question isnt it?

and please dont forget that some women too have too much testosterone and so tend to be a disruptive influence

i do feel in the future we may discover a way to get rid of the undesireable effects and hold on to all the desireable effects of hormones including testoterone

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
smoking pot lowers testosterone production. i don't see lower crime rates among pot smokers. I see quite the opposite.

Go fish.

it is not a simple answer - is it?

we simply dont understand enough about these things

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

your post already tells me that if threatened with chemicals to regulate hormones [and maybe sex drive too] most guys would behave extra well rather than risk it

jail is not a real deterrent - but this hormone tinkering just might be

so is it time to change the penal code?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Go fish.

What? Stoners are criminals? Since when? Legalise it then it'll go even lower.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Go fish.

What? Stoners are criminals? Since when? Legalise it then it'll go even lower.

sure, you will reduce the pot crimes. But what about all the gang bangers that are potheads?

I live in the land of drug wars. they will still use pot, and they will still fight and kill over other things (including girlfriends, or money when they are broke).

My point is not to debate the drug laws. I think they should legalize it, too, to save tax money. But the point here is that testosterone levels don't dictate crime levels.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
So testosterone is evil now eh? How very predictable. Soon we’ll be ‘neutered’ at birth so as to cure all the worlds ills.

Those who know what’s best for us must rise and save us from our own bodies.

It’s a mad, mad, mad, mad, brave new world.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
How about those mamas raise their baby boys to be respectable moral men. But nope, we will just blame all the ills of life on the male human species.

I know plenty of men with high testosterone and they don't have issues with violence and crime.

And something in the article that bothers me greatly:

Now, with the help of the Salvation Army and the initiative of local Pastor Michael Hemuno, the tribal women hope the slaughter of babies can end and those men who are still warriors will lay down their weapons and talk peace.

'We are trying to get them to live peacefully and end all the deaths of young and old,' said Pastor Hemuno.

WHAAAAAAAT? The Salvation Army and a Pastor are helping them MURDER babies???? You have got to be kidding me!! Please tell me I read that wrong! If this is really true, forget me ever donating to the Salvation Army. Salvation - not!!!

A resident of Agibu village, Mrs Luke said she did not know how many male babies were killed by being smothered, but it had happened to all males over a 10 year period - and she suggested it was still happening.

SMOTHERING? Those poor little babies are suffering horrible horrible deaths! Uggg!!

Mrs Luke said that the village women agreed that if they stopped producing males, allowing only female babies to survive, their tribe's stock of boys would go down and there would be no men in future to fight.

Uh. Pretty soon they will kill off their own people.
They think all their little girls are going to grow up and have immaculate conceptions?

[edit on 12/1/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   

check the statistics of the ratio of male prison inmates to female prison inmates
if we want a better society then we do need to address this in some way

here is stats from australia but I am sure every other country is similar

www.aic.gov.au...

if its not testosterone then waht else would you suggest might fix this imbalance and so give us a more peaceful society?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Go fish.

This was originally about violence. They did it to stop war and murder. Since you mentioned it, the rates of violent crime among pot smokers is.............................................................................?

I think what you did was back up the original idea. If pot lowers testosterone and they want to lower testosterone to curb violence in particuilar, you just backed them up.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by angel of lightangelo]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

sure, you will reduce the pot crimes. But what about all the gang bangers that are potheads?

I live in the land of drug wars. they will still use pot, and they will still fight and kill over other things (including girlfriends, or money when they are broke).

My point is not to debate the drug laws. I think they should legalize it, too, to save tax money. But the point here is that testosterone levels don't dictate crime levels.

The biggest reason gangs exsist is to perpetuate the illegal drug trade. Look at any gang, you will find a massive drug trafficking ring at the heart. Take away the need to deal illegally with drugs and you would do a lot to curb gang violence. Why would they kill each other over turf if the turf was worthless since CVS and Rita-Aid would also be moving in on their turf if it was legal. You are equating pot smokers to gang bangers when you need to be equating pot dealers to gang bangers. There is a big difference between someone who likes to get high and someone who is holding thousands of dollars worth of someone else's merch and needs to move it fast and not get caught doing it.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Really? Pot smokers as hard core criminals... boosting crime rates nation wide I suppose? Well maybe if you count the wanton slaughter of chocolate chip cookies.

Quite frankly, the law a pot smoker is likely to break is the law against possessing or consuming pot. And in all likelihood, the truth you know about people who smoke pot, would fit into a thimble easily. Now you should go back to watching your worn copy of Reefer Madness before you strain yourself trying to come up with an original thought.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join