It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we boycott gay businesses?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

This was you're first answer to my question:

Hope this helps:
def: perverse: willfully determined not to do what is expected or desired; contrary. persistent or obstinate in what is wrong. turned away from what is right, good, or proper.

Good luck.

This is the link you posted as you're source for the statement you made:
www.narth.com...

I will say:
Thanks for you’re answer. I read the article with interest.
Sorry to say i don’t believe that you’re statement "sexual perversion" was based on that article.

You're right. I got it from the dictionary: Random House College Dictionary.

As for respecting the homosexual, the homosexual activists do not act respectably. They are well-known and even state that their methods are based on hate (not respectable). Why would I respect them, when they don't respect me? Should I be the better "man" and let them run over me?
Fair is fair. They started it.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercuryae

My guess the OP is a heterosexual guy

Please prove me wrong ^^

I don't see the need to question the sexuality of the OP, do you? I think I have presented this topic fairly and with an open mind. I am only asking if it is right to sit back and let the gay activists run over the businesses and individuals that supported Prop 8. Common sense, to me, dictates that you have to be stupid to let someone run over your beliefs as if they were not important.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

You're right. I got it from the dictionary: Random House College Dictionary.

As for respecting the homosexual, the homosexual activists do not act respectably. They are well-known and even state that their methods are based on hate (not respectable). Why would I respect them, when they don't respect me? Should I be the better "man" and let them run over me?
Fair is fair. They started it.

Thanks for you're answer. And also thanks for respect my point of view.
I really try to understand you're point and i do. But i also think that its very important not to give the expression that "they" are all the same. Cause they are not !!! Those involved in criminal/not respectable actions on "both sides", shall not present all.

You know it as the desent person you are. Believe me, maby some can "teach" others a lot about people. But in the end, they will make up their own mind about "normal".

BTW i believe, many people know this kind of thread can't be easy to handle. So thanks for still dropping by

[edit on 8-12-2008 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Wait so, you want to fight back against them... for fighting back against you?

Well, there's certainly nothing wrong with this downward spiral. Proceed!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Anita Bryant and Florida Orange Juice learned the hard way what happens when 10% of the population boycotts your products. So did Coors Beer. This is gonna be fun. Now I am gonna google "Mormon Boycott" and see what comes up.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Hey wait I just got this awesome idea. Let's promote ALL social divisions. Blacks vs. whites, gays vs. straights, males vs. females, cats vs. dogs, and let the government keep raping us.

This is the point that no-one seems to make here. Do you think this stuff is accidental? Do you think the media feeds the flame of hatred just to report the news?

Here is a very adequate quote from someone that every person on ATS should be quite familiar with.

"United we stand, Divided we fall."

People on this board seem to imply that they are not susceptible to government propaganda and control, yet look at our actions. I would bet every dime I own, that someone in Washington is sitting back reading this and laughing so hard their federal reserve notes are bleeding green down their leg. And probably saying "Look at these idiots, they can't stop fighting amongst themselves long enough to see or do anything about what we are doing to them this very second." "Even when they are on the topic of government corruption, they still find ways to divide themselves and fight with each other." "Hell this was even easier than I ever thought it would be, don't tell me propaganda don't work."

Divide and conquer, that is the name of the game folks. And we are ALL acting participants in this sick game. Think about what I am saying, there is only ONE group of people that is benefiting from this. And it is not us.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by flymetothemoon

Now that is how you respectfully state a difference of opinion. Well done and a star for you just for being one of the few civil people that has responded on this thread. If we could all just understand that we are different and have different beliefs, perhaps we could learn to actually like each other and realize that both sides of any debate are important to those whom holds the belief. It seems as oh too often we get angry when someone does not hold the same perspective we do. Imagine what the world would be like if we were all the same. One kind of car, one color, one shoe type, one type of house, one leisure activity...etc. If you are intolerant to others perspectives, you are in fact intolerant to choices. And I cannot imagine anyone who doesn't want choices in life.

Nice post!!!

[edit on 12/9/2008 by DarrylGalasso]

[edit on 12/9/2008 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarrylGalasso

This is the point that no-one seems to make here. Do you think this stuff is accidental? Do you think the media feeds the flame of hatred just to report the news?

Here is a very adequate quote from someone that every person on ATS should be quite familiar with.

"United we stand, Divided we fall."

I was not familiar with that quote. Thanks ! You're right !

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

I agree with you. I like peaceful coexistence. That is the purpose of the basic question of this thread.

I think the homosexuals are upset about how they have been treated. However, their method of calling attention to this problem has been more violent lately.

I assume that they will continue this method of getting attention.

I suggest we return the favor, if you will, by expressing our dissatisfaction by demonstrating disdain for those who opposed Prop 8.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Although I can certainly see and understand your perspective. If we continue to play "one up" with each other, the problem will only intensify exponentially. There must come a point when one side stops, it does not matter who has the last word in this. This is not a game, there is no "winner."

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think there may be to many stereotypes going around. Recently, things have been heating up.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well, here I am beating the same drum, a few months later. Who is surprised when we see gays boycotting businesses that do not support their perverted lifestyle? (See def. for perverted). Here's the latest link. I got it from a post on ATS where they are asking you and me to boycott these businesses. The hate never ends with the gays, so it seems.

I'm just saying turnabout is fair play. Boycott the businesses that support rights of perverted groups, whatever their cause may be.

www.queerty.com...

Here's the post on ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Today's news shows gay activists pressuring the Mormons.

www.foxnews.com...

Tomorrow, maybe the blacks and hispanics, or maybe your business or your neighbors. They railroaded one of our best entertainment industry persons in Sacramento right out of his 25 year career when they found out he was for Prop 8. They also interrupt meetings here of anyone they deem is anti-gay by coming to the meeting and making so much noise that no speakers can talk.

I hate to suggest lowering myself to these standards, but they are effectively intimidating select groups. For example, the media is distinctly pro-gay, as is the entertainment industry in general.

I consider it very unfriendly they way the "act up" against others, spreading claims and using buzz-words like "homophobic" to get their way.

What do you think of the idea that turnabout is fair play? What if we were to identify the gay businesses and businesses that support gays and boycott them? Seems fair to me, what do you think?

This would be a particularly effective time to boycott a business, since the economy is having a tough time anyway. Maybe the gay movement could get a little friendlier if their livelihoods were threatened.

What on earth do you think you will accomplish with this? You do know you will be crucified alive by the gay community right? I can see here that only by stating this you are tarnished quite well. If this happens im siding with the gay folks. Watch your back (or ass lol)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Well, here I am beating the same drum, a few months later. Who is surprised when we see gays boycotting businesses that do not support their perverted lifestyle? (See def. for perverted). Here's the latest link. I got it from a post on ATS where they are asking you and me to boycott these businesses. The hate never ends with the gays, so it seems.

I'm just saying turnabout is fair play. Boycott the businesses that support rights of perverted groups, whatever their cause may be.

www.queerty.com...

Here's the post on ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you even know what perverted means? Lifestyle is something you have chosen to live. I would hardly call homosexuality a choice. But then again, why am i explaining this to a homophobe? Its like trying to explain to a fish that it lives in water. Pointless... The only thing you can do (grounded in reality) is that you will get your butt "boycotted" by the gay community.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
MESSAGE TO AMERICANS!

Leave each other alone! All of you!

Haven't you people ever heard of "live & let live"?

The rest of the world laughs at you. REALLY!

SO uptight. SO intolerant!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with gays i know many.

What i do have a problem with is out of state groups playing/buying politics in Calif.

This has cause the state to become a nest of snakes and takes the power of elections away from the people of Calif and leads to unrest.

What rights have special interest groups in other states have in controlling the people in Calif.

I believe there should be a law banning out of state money used to affect ballot initiatives in Calif unless they affect interstate actions like businesses.

Or the next thing we will have is other countries trying to buy elections in Calif.

Oh by the way i am a excommunicated mormon. Now a Deist.
and i believe in the Separation of church and state in the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

No one will tell me how to practice my religious beliefs and i don't tell anyone how to practice theres.

Any one that tries will catch He** from me.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

The hate never ends with the gays, so it seems.

Its not hate, its use of brute force and intimidation to get their way. It just looks like hate because gays ... well, like drama. You could say they are drama queens lol.

If you react to them in the same emotional way you are just creating more drama.

Instead, if you just stay calm, and point out what you have pointed out here, then people see their intimidatio clearly.

I dont think its a good Ideea to boycot the pro gay businessez because the gays deserve it, or because of the eye of an eye thing, and frankly I dont think people will go along with that. They will just rationalize it as gays being gays (drama queens) and not givbe it much attantion, and point the finger at you and say you are a hater.

So dont get angry or else this will be the reaction you get.

Instead stand uop for common sense, and for protecting those businessez that the gays boycott.

Not only will you do the right thing, but the gay`s actions that you expose will destroy the gay`s public image.

Doing the right thing can be devastatingly effective at times you know...

Fighting fire with fire n the other hand will make you look angry, and like a gay hater. It doesnt matter what reasons you present. It wont work.

If you want the people to be with you, you have to do the right thing, and they will get behind you.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I have a simple philosphy. Live and let live. I don't care if you are black, brown, white, yellow, or gay. Leave me alone or pay the price. Blacks found out about it and I had Black Panther's for bodyguards. Browns found out about it and I became a member of the Latin Lords Orgy Club. The Hell's Angels found out about it and paid me for what happened to four of their friends. I am not a bad ass. I just like to be left alone. You have a problem with somone take it up with them not with me. You take your your problem up with me and I will respond and I gurantee you will not like it. It is not my job to solve your problems in life. It IS my problem to stomp on anyone who won't leave me alone. GET IT?

I do not care if someone is gay so long as they leave me and my family alone. I personally do not agree with it but I am willing to leave them alone. The problem is they will not leave ME or my family alone. They want my duaghters taught to be gay in school. Cut the BS. It is not about it is ok to be gay. It is about you SHOULD be. That is a problem. It is thier problem and should be treated the same way as ANYONE trying to enforce their beliefs on me or my family. I do not care WHAT those beliefs are. Back off or get hurt as bad or worse as you do to my family or me. You call me homophobic and I will call faggot or fairy. c€uss me out out and I will hit you back. Surprised? Get over it. Hate crimes? If you do not moderate your own people's hate do not be surprised when hate is returned. Grow up! Hilton is creating a backlash. He is one of yours and yes we ARE DIFFERENT! That is your point isn't it?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Heya Jim,

Hi, thanks for your reply. This thread is not about gay bashing. It is about an eye for an eye. If they can do it, we can do it. If they can boycott, we can boycott.
You, me, everyone else has the right to boycott any group or individual they choose to. I think where you get into a quagmire here is by the sweeping generalization. ALL homosexuals did not discriminate any more than ALL Mormons did.

Let's create a hypothetical situation to demonstrate:

Let's say a person has chosen to boycott gay businesses. Already that intent is fraught with peril, as it is fully subjective it the choosing of the particular businesses. do they choose a business that is owned by a homosexual? Uses a health care provider that is owned in part by a homosexual? Perhaps there is no filter whatsoever in the person's thinking and they choose to boycott all businesses that merely have gay employees. Who makes that judgement, and upon what criteria? How about boycotting a business merely because the owner is a proponent in gay rights, but not gay themselves? Perhaps a book store chooses to carry works by supposed gay authors?

You see where I'm going with this? Besides being a collosal undertaking, and based upon a generalized view, there don't seem to be any precise variables upon which to form a focal point for the hypothetical person's angst, except their own judgement.

We as individuals have the right to shop where we patronize the businesses we choose, and our focus should be upon quality of service or product, not our judgement of whether the owner of the business has views compatible with our own.

What if there is a blatantly pro-Nazi business new in town? We have the right to not shop there. It will fail on its own.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Your very right we should boycott gay businesses...
Its better to buy Lesbian they have better quality control and honor their warranties (Unless your a hetero white male)

Business is business... Personal sexual preferences are private... the two have nothing to do with each other and if you ever make the mistake of combining the two you set yourself up for failure!

That goes both way gay straight... I don't gave a damn who your sleeping with, only how much of a discount I can get on that new car... But even if you knock off 90% in exchange for throwing your personal views in my face Whatever those may be...I'll just go elsewhere... business is business...

[edit on 25-6-2009 by DaddyBare]

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join