It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we boycott gay businesses?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by davion
reply to post by Jim Scott

So effectively you'd be saying to that business, "I'm not going to support your business because you're gay and you work there, and because of the climate dealing with Prop 8 you're going to suffer for it even though you might not care about Prop 8"

Yeah that sounds great.

No, I would duplicate the efforts of the gay activists. They are going after the businesses that supported Prop 8; therefore, I would boycott businesses that were against Prop 8. Fair is fair. Right? So, go to this link and let them know you feel like doing the same back to them in your home town.
www.sfgate.com...

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Jim Scott]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalek

Originally posted by slimpickens93

Some of the gay community on the other hand, are likely guilty of many crimes in their attacks against those who voted or speak out unfavorably to them incuding trespassing, hate crimes, conspiracy, slander, property damage.

Those involved should be held accountable for breaking the law and charged, tried, and sentenced if applicable.

Boycotting is not illegal. Infringing on another's lawfully recognized rights is.

can you please provide sources

Activists Target Mormons for Gay-Marriage Ban's Success in California

There have been calls to boycott the annual Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah; some activists have called for a boycott of the entire state of Utah. Protesters have defaced some church buildings, and in Arapaho County, Colo., the Sheriff's Office is investigating a possible hate crime — the torching of the Book of Mormon on a church's doorstep.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by slimpickens93]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scottand using buzz-words like "homophobic" to get their way.

They learned it from the Jews. (see: anti-semitic)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

They had it coming- they trampled on the rights of others and voted away their happiness, or at least an important chunk of it. SO, if boycotting business owners who supported prop 8 makes them feel better, more power to them. None of us should have the right to say that two consenting single adults cannot get married. At least they still have the right to boycott businesses of their choice.

And if you want to boycott them to get back at them for boycotting you, well you have that right, too. It would be kind of like I hit you for being gay, you hit me back and then I hit you again for hitting me. It is still piling on the gays.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Umm, exuse me, when did we decide to start boycotting businesses because of their sexual orientation? How does being gay, and owning a business have anything to do with eachother?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It wont make any difference.

Not too long ago, the hispanic population attempted a nationwide boycott and it had absolutely no effect on anything..except for those hispanics that didnt show up to work..they got fired...and those who didnt go get groceries that day...they went hungry...and those who didnt go get gas that day..they ended up walking.

And if anyone thinks that heterosexual individuals who decide to boycott a homosexual's buisness is going to make any difference in the world...your dreaming a very dillusional dream.

The only thing that will come of it is more attention to the boycotted buisness and that alone will attract new customers. I am quite sure that the homosexual business would appreciate some free advertising and exposure....no pun intended there.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 2-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Well, you will understand better if you review the previous posts.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I like it how everyone uses the term "Nazis" in every thread. But anyways I don't think there affecting anything, Just give them awhile and they'll get over it.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Why so hateful? Don't say you're not being hateful, you are. Gay people (and no I'm not one of them, but I have had gay co-workers, friends, and acquaintances who have faced discrimination but all have become rich, successful people with no affirmative action helping them) are mad at Mormons because they worked against proposition 8. I can't possibly describe to your kind what that might feel like, so I'll have to have the asshole liberal do it for you:

www.youtube.com...

If someone took away your right to marry after having just granted it to you, you'd get mad, too. And shame on you for acting like gays will be violent against Mexicans and Blacks. They're mad at the Mormons because they spent milions of dollars getting the vote out against prop 8, when many of these people either knew people who were or were themselves married after gay marriage was made legal, and are probably angry that those marriages were made illegal.

I'm guessing that you put up this old news because you were enraged by the humorous article that many level-headed, good matured people kept popular over the last few days about gay rights. So you try to make them look bad in order to make yourself feel better for hating something you don't understand.

What do you gain by wasting this time and energy being angry? This country has so many value problems that matter.

Take a look at this study, for example:

www.breitbart.com...

And you're worried about those gays...never know, they might hurt you! Better boycott them because they asked to boycott the state of Utah!...like that's gonna happen with the gays and gay supporters that live in Utah. Maybe a couple of San Francisco residents will cancel a ski trip, but that's about it.

There's one store here that has a gay owner and a rainbow flag out, and he's been vandalized on more than one occasion, all told to the tune of a few thousand dollars. Now you want to put him out of business because someone "defaced a Church building"? Who died? Maybe if somebody died, I could see you saying that things got out of control and this group needs to be taught a temporary lesson through financial means. I wouldn't agree, but at least you'd have a case.

You're the worst kind of person spreading this type of hatred. You should be ashamed that your conscience compels you to spread anger and fear on this great service to the Internet when you could have told members about, oh I don't know, NBC New's follow-up today on this 2007 story that algae that can be turned into oil - possibly for a lower price that '07 government estimates - within a few years if funding keeps up:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I'm sure you're a relatively nice person, and I don't think you wish harm on others, but you should really rethink your priorities and stop looking for excuses to hate. I could see Bill O'Reilly saying something like what you're saying but I don't even think he would be that much of a douchebag.

Hey, I've heard of some black people wanting to boycott white people's establishments and businesses, and I've heard of black people vandalizing things, too...guess we better boycott all black businesses!

Moron.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoArmsJames
Sorry, but I am going to have to press the "ignore" button. I am getting tired of your personal attacks.
The blanket blame on Christianity is absurd. For example, Bill Gates gave 100 million dollars to fight aids in Africa. Christians are leading the fight against the problem caused by homosexuals. The majority of America is Christian, and the majority of America is heterosexual, and the amount of tax dollars spent on fighting AIDS from these Christians is staggering.

I do not see the teaching of tolerance for an immoral act as a good thing.

Homosexuals created the AIDS virus? And it's rampant homosexuality spreading HIV around Africa?

He didnt say that Christians are leading the fight against the problem caused by homosexuals.

And you keep calling homosexuality an "immoral act". What's going to happen when homosexuality is proven to be something one is born with and not a choice?

Oh ya mean someone born with the "queer" gene or someone being born with a pre-disposition towards homosexuality.

Well I imagine the same thing that happened when they found out a similar result with alcoholics calling it a "disease"

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Why so many gay bashing threads lately?

Hate will only cause more hate. Just make peace everyone.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I have a better idea. How about we add sexual orientation to the list of qualities that we are not allowed to legally discriminate against people for having? How about we let homosexual people marry and have the same rights as everyone else? How about cultures move forward into more fair systems which respect individual rights, rather than backward into conformity.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isispriest

I have a better idea. How about we add sexual orientation to the list of qualities that we are not allowed to legally discriminate against people for having? How about we let homosexual people marry and have the same rights as everyone else? How about cultures move forward into more fair systems which respect individual rights, rather than backward into conformity.

www.massresistance.org...

[edit on 3-12-2008 by ProFiler.DSS]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
heres all i have to say about it
BACK in the DAY: GOD nuked Sodom and Gomorrah for it
then Later Jesus just asked for you to repent of it
all I am asking is you please keep it out of my face...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tator3
You just better hope we don't find out what your business is hater!!!!....You might show up on the Gay Blacklist too!!! Or are you already there? Well, if thats so, I dont blame you for blacklisting gay businesses. BTW, what gay businesses? OH..you mean the TV you watch every night, or the place you bought your house decor, or the car you drive, or where you bought your clothes,or the school your kids goto, the list goes on...BECAUSE WE ARE EVERYWHERE!!! Maybe even at your backdoor.
We've been here since the beginning of time and we are not going away any time soon. We're finally pissed off and I don't see us backing down now.

Then should I call you LEGION instead because you're many?

TSK TSK!
Why be such a conservative?
It is not like nobody hasn't painted even most of the greatest historical personalities as gays, well even despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, but..who cares about truth right?
Effectively, human civilizations owes everything to gays, even theologically speaking Angelic beings including God Himself should be gay, it is only the twisted dominant "heterosexual" PTB that is forcing us to believe in the absence of gayness in the universe. Wtf everything is gay!
Normal (oops thought police) ..sorry I mean "heterosexual" is an abomination since it is false and all those should burn to the stake.
We should ban those and terminate the human nature all together, its a waste of breathable space anyway, at least for the bacteria, which also appear to be gay! (since they can produce without needing of different sexes)

I'm up for it!

[after edit addition]

We should BAN ALL SEX!
All heterosexual sex that is, BOTH public and domestic!
Ok only public for starters..but we should also revise laws about domestic activities in the future ..at least preemptively. You never know when public heterosexual sex (P.H.S.) will strike again!
Gays everywhere are being offended because of that despicable discrimination!
NO MORE SEX!

Capisce?!

[edit on 3-12-2008 by populardisbelief]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
HERES A QUESTION: (?)

name one thing good (as in the good for all mankind) that comes out of
homosexuality?
i will name some good things that come from good (normal) heterosexual
relationships
*Procreation
*Family
*Moral standards
*Not being damned to hell
*Not bringing on curses or judgement or wrath from GOD

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
face it
HOMOSEXUAL is selfish behavior
you do it just because YOU WANT TO
selfish reasons
Heterosexual is a natural process
and was also mandated by GOD "be fruitful and multiply"
so when done correctly
heterosexual= is selfless
homosexual= is selfish

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

How exactly do you know a business is "gay"? Because half the buildings owned by gay men and women you'd never see the owner; were not talking the night clubs and cafes either. I'm talking accounting firms, law practice, scientific, and every other type of high priority job probably could potentially have a gay owner. So really what was this thread about again, because there's no way you'd be able to know if your buying from gay business, not everyone is out of the closet *cough*, catholics.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Why do ignorant people judge others by their sexual orientation when it is indeed none of their business?

I could personally care less if a business owner is gay or straight.
If their products are what i am looking for, I buy them.

I am not boycotting anything based on sexual orientation.
I would rather boycott businesses owned by people who start crap like this.

I am not afraid of someone with a different sexual orientation than myself.
Why, again, because it is none of my business and due to that fact i am no one to judge.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join