It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gold Confiscation Act of 1933

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I was perusing some executive orders, past and present, when i came across this little jewel.

Executive Order 6102

a PDF can also be found on the Wikipedia page talking about the same Executive Order:

Executive order 6102- Wikipedia

The thing that makes me ponder is that the Federal Reserve bought gold at $20 per ounce, and then Hiked the price per ounce up to $35 immediately thereafter...

Just thought I'd brighten your day with this tidbit of info

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I learned about this in finance class in college. To me this is hilarious because ya, the government will pay you for your gold, but who do you think decides the value?

That's right, the government does....

And you have to sell it. Certain gold with old insignias on it will be declared illegal to own. I think I heard about this once when they found some pre-1933 gold that was sunken treasure.

Anyways, we're screwed and we will get useless inflated currency and the gov't will get all our gold.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
My grandmother didn't turn hers in to "exchange" for worthless paper. We've a fair number of Gold double eagle coins as a result. Part of my early education on coins and gold.
Perhaps she saw through this scam. She always was an intelligent woman.

If they come after my gold...BTW, only transactions greater than $10k are reported to the Internal Ripoff Service, my response will be sorry...it's already been sold ...for cash.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This is making a GREAT point! The UBER-wealthy Fascists see the U.S.A. as a business, complete with a group of slave-workers, managers, and executives. Their purpose and design is to PROFIT from our nation by scraping up every last ounce of gold out of it. So, that they can take over the world. And, the only reason they are winning this chess game is because we aren't playing. They've duped us into not paying attention by distracting and dividing our attentions.

FOCUS people! WAKE UP! American LIBERTY, that which makes us GREAT, is at STAKE!

We know who they are. The Mafia, The CIA/NSA/FEMA, The Bilderberg group, the Luci"farce"ian Freemasons, the Illuminati, the Uber-wealthy Fascists, Roman Catholics, Zionist Jews, Atheist Communists, Occult Nazis, the Soviets, China, etc.

Well, what if we chose to not use their I.O.U. "notes" as money? What if we decided that gold doesn't "glitter" anymore? What if we chose value by HANDS-ON HARD WORK (which they're incapable of) What if we instilled and DISTILLED the Constitution to force money out of politics?? We'd win, is what. We outnumber them 1,000,000 to 1.

That's why they want to sweep everyone into a concentration camp or underground base, PRETEND that there's been an asteroid impact or alien attack, but instead use Neutron bombs, and WRITE history and keep you DUPED by keeping the high-tech stuff for themselves, and letting the citizenry "believe" that this technology isn't possible.

EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!! WE HAVE TECHNOLOGY, RIGHT NOW, TO DO ANYTHING>>> *A*N*Y*-*T*H*I*N*G*

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman692

That act was illegal as the Constitution states that payments be made in gold and silver. I think they paid $25 an ounce and hiked the price to $35 an ounce, although a private citizen could not own gold (except as jewelry or coin collections).
Even now if one finds a gold coin minted in 1933 (many escaped the melting pot), the mint claims it as their property.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

If they come after my gold...BTW, only transactions greater than $10k are reported to the Internal Ripoff Service, my response will be sorry...it's already been sold ...for cash.

I seem to recall that this 10K reporting provision was changed to 5K in a latter amendment attached to another bill.

IIRC, that companies that are listed on the exchanges are exempt from reporting financial transactions of any kind -- which of course facilitates laundering drug profits.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by roknhrdcor
This is making a GREAT point! The UBER-wealthy Fascists see the U.S.A. as a business, complete with a group of slave-workers, managers, and executives. Their purpose and design is to PROFIT from our nation by scraping up every last ounce of gold out of it. So, that they can take over the world. And, the only reason they are winning this chess game is because we aren't playing. They've duped us into not paying attention by distracting and dividing our attentions.

FOCUS people! WAKE UP! American LIBERTY, that which makes us GREAT, is at STAKE!

We know who they are. The Mafia, The CIA/NSA/FEMA, The Bilderberg group, the Luci"farce"ian Freemasons, the Illuminati, the Uber-wealthy Fascists, Roman Catholics, Zionist Jews, Atheist Communists, Occult Nazis, the Soviets, China, etc.

Well, what if we chose to not use their I.O.U. "notes" as money? What if we decided that gold doesn't "glitter" anymore? What if we chose value by HANDS-ON HARD WORK (which they're incapable of) What if we instilled and DISTILLED the Constitution to force money out of politics?? We'd win, is what. We outnumber them 1,000,000 to 1.

That's why they want to sweep everyone into a concentration camp or underground base, PRETEND that there's been an asteroid impact or alien attack, but instead use Neutron bombs, and WRITE history and keep you DUPED by keeping the high-tech stuff for themselves, and letting the citizenry "believe" that this technology isn't possible.

EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!! WE HAVE TECHNOLOGY, RIGHT NOW, TO DO ANYTHING>>> *A*N*Y*-*T*H*I*N*G*

You should be institutionalized lol

seriously

it sounds like you have fallen right into their game of fear mongering

They don't have technology to do anything, that is a ridiculous notion, absolutely absurd.

No they aren't to out to get you either.

FEMA camps are for detaining individuals not cooperating in circumstances such as mass riots, or an invasion of the US homeland.

Did you ever stop and think, if the Chinese or Russians bum rushed the US, and in fact were able to get soldiers onto US soil. What would we do with all the captives we took?

Wake up, the government abuses the system, and it is not what everyone thinks it is.

But pull in on the reigns of your imagination sometime. yes, there are bad people, and yes, they do want control, but no, they are not "out to get you"

PS do you have any idea what it would take to get the "Mafia, The CIA/NSA/FEMA, The Bilderberg group, the Luci"farce"ian Freemasons, the Illuminati, the Uber-wealthy Fascists, Roman Catholics, Zionist Jews, Atheist Communists, Occult Nazis, the Soviets, China, etc." working together against you.

It couldn't happen, so take a deep breath, choose something you like, and go do it.

Enjoy your time here, don't spaz out about pretend agendas you created in your fairy tale land.

Its a small part of your journey spent here on Earth.

Don't waste it worrying.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Wow, i am surprised to see the feedback i've gotten on this thread. Usually my threads seem to fall by the wayside, this is a nice change of pace

speaking about the fiat currency that we use now, i think that if enough people were educated about how our financial system really works (which they could be if they could take 10 minutes out of their extremely busy lives of watching Survivor and managing mortgage payments to go to Youtube and watch any of a myriad of videos that tell you the truth about our money) then maybe we could begin to do something about it.

Take Thailand for example. Recently the people there rose up against their government calling for them to tell the truth about how the election had been a fraud, and it got so bad the airport there was shut down for a week. In the end, the government came out and admitted that the election had in fact been rigged.

People have the power to change the world, they just have to be willing to stand up in the first place. I can't count the number of times i've overheard people saying "Something needs to be done" but they are too afraid to be the one to start the dominoes falling.

I myself am trying to educate people about the things going on around us, but they'd rather listen to their IPOD and drink their starbucks than listen to me. That's ok though, when our economy collapses they'll come crawling to me for advice and the only advice they'll get from me then is the little note i'm gonna leave on my door that reads

"If you're reading this, you're screwed, because they own you now."

top topics

join