It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Top Ten Reasons Gay Marriage is Un-American

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
there were 2 more

11: Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Infertile couples and old people cannot get legally married because the world needs more children.

12:Gay marriage should be decided by the people, not the courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the rights of minorities.

Source

This one was entitled 12 reasons.

So there were two more.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rightwingnut

You are calling gays, lesbians, and bisexual people insane? WTF? This is so so so wrong! Being Gay is NOT a mental illness! It even happens in the wild! Almost as if its... NATURAL!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
What is this, page 9???

There is NO SUCH THING as 'Gay Marriage'.

There is ALSO no SUCH THING as 'Marriage'....unless you want to talk to my Father (but, of course, you can't.....because He's dead) and my Mother, who is still alive....but couldn't bring herself to attend my Father's funeral, even though they'd been DIVORCED for over 40 years!!!!

I KNOW the OP started this thread with tongue-in-cheek, and most didn't seem to get it....commonplace on the Web, Alas...I felt it necessary to splay open my wounds, for all to see....just in case someone might be able to benefit....

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal

You are calling gays, lesbians, and bisexual people insane? WTF? This is so so so wrong! Being Gay is NOT a mental illness! It even happens in the wild! Almost as if its... NATURAL!

One even if they were thought to be insane then they should still be helped. I'm not making that descision, I am using the facts of human anatomy against, at the least, misplaced emotions. Sensuality, is not sexuality. There are men and women created by the copulation of men and women. Anything else is not sexuality. If anything should be compared to other forms of human contact it is the intellectual intercourse between humans. So I am not saying that they're insane they must allow themselves to be the the sex they were born to be. Further education allows the human mind the proper growth. It's understanding why these people act the way they do, then you could see they just need to understand themselves better.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

So people who are too old to have kids, or are sterile, are not allowed to get married? I didn't know that, thanks for the update!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The idea that homosexuality is somehow 'fixable' is a delusion. Physical attraction is hardwired into us from an early age- most of the time from the womb. We know this to be a fact from brain scans, where gay men's brains behave like a woman's when given somesort of sexual stimuli.

It's crudely understood, what 'sets' sexuality, but what we do know is that you can't simply realign someone's sexuality to something it's not already.

Anatomy plays little role in the matter.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

I guess he thinks that if male you'll have sex with any thing female, and vice versa, and that the same holds true for gays/lesbians/bisexuals. I guess he never saw a woman and went "Ew not touching that". He always went "Biologically I can procreate with that 800lbs of wart and puss oozing she beast so I will." Throw a random guy or girl in my bed and I don't jump in. It has too be the right one, the ones I love and want too be with. But I guess biologically love doesn't make sense and shouldn't be allowed too decide who can marry. Nope, only if you're male and female and can have kids. Not male and female, or can't have kids, no marriage, no dating, no sex, off too the shrinks you go to get "fixed".

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

"Biologically I can procreate with that 800lbs of wart and puss oozing she beast so I will."

I have to say I've never heard anything so descriptively shocking. Well done.

Yea, you're right. Unless you possess an extremely overcharged sex drive, emotions for people and our relationships will have more to do with who we have sex with than the outward traits of a person. Maybe I'm bi because I have a very weak drive? Who knows.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

The people I am with is not because of a sex drive. The people most straights are with are not because of a sex drive. Well, for women maybe guys... lol. But still, if marriage and relationships were just too procreate then wtf? Why is there monogamy? I mean, if sex is JUST too procreate then straight people should be having sex with any one they meet that is of the opposite sex in hopes of procreating. After all LOVE means nothing. LOVE and EMOTIONS have nothing to do with a relationship. Heck, why not do your family? They're there, some are the opposite sex, let's procreate because that's all we're here for!

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I get your point. You might be right. All I know is that I was attracted to certain types of people with certain traits from both genders long before I understood what was going on. It's not something that deteriorated over time or is traceable to some sort of trauma. No, it's just something that was always there.

It seems laughable to me that it's a sin or there is a 'fault' in my head somewhere. It's not a character flaw, it's a character trait.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Good Wolf, and GamerGal, I've enjoyed your exchanges...seems to be a lot of honesty and maturity there.

Back on point --- this concept of 'marriage'!!!

Seems that word is as much a hot-button word as 'abortion' used to be.

But, I've jumped ahead, please allow me to explain.

The notion of a 'marriage' as being somehow sacred seems to fly in the face of historical knowledge, namely, the subjugation of 'marriage' throughout various cultures, over the last many centuries, as an end to a Political means....

I would refer the audience, in fact, encourage the audience to research for themselves, the 'bastardization' of the alledged 'SANCTITY' of marriage when it has been used for Political purposes.....AND, when a 'marriage' was arranged, with no love intended between the two who were married.

So, seems to me, the 'sanctity', as referred from the 'Bible', is hollow, at best.....

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

Jerry Springer is a obnoxious program that is designed to titillate the common sheeple population.

They pick the most stupid, offensive people they can find.

I think I watched this program for say 5 minutes and that was all I could stomach.

Jerry Springer is pure garbage.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
We do the members keep on saying 'gay'. There are the lesbians.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Gay can mean both male and female. Although people do like lesbians better then gays, lol.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal

Gay can mean both male and female. Although people do like lesbians better then gays, lol.

Gay does NOT mean for both male and female. 'gay men' and 'lesbian women'.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Yeah it does. Gay is the same as homosexual.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I think that's rather debatable. It's used rather liberally so an exact definition is hard to pin down and interpretation varies from place to place. If you say 'gay' you think of a guy who likes other guys, whereas 'lesbian' there is no mistaking that meaning.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

"Hello, gay woman here." Willow, Buffy the Vampire Slayer
"Hey, I'm gay, he's a guy." Willow, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Just two times gay is used for a woman. I know silly but bleh.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Yes, because sometimes it's used to cover woman aswell, I never said it wasn't. The point is that the tendency and implications of the word 'gay' [minus context] is a homosexual male.

Now enough arguing over semantics, I tire.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Sorry, GW....you cannot run away THAT easily.....

'GAY' is gay.....too bad that YOU wish to think it only applies to men...it DOESN'T!!!!!!!

You may WISH to think that 'gay' only refers to men.....but, you are laboring under the misunderstanding that a 'lesbian' is also 'GAY'....except you don't care to realize that Lesbians ARE also 'gay'!!! Too bad you are focusing so clerly on MEN! (Hmmm....Dr. Freud would have a few things to say, if were here....)

OK, let's make sure we are all on the same page: The term 'GAY' implies, at all times, a same-sex attraction...not just 'attraction', but deeper than that....it is the SAME as what is considered 'STRAIGHT', because it involves love.

SO, a same-sex attraction is usually based on lust, at first....of course. (AND how is this different from how Straights attract each other???)

OK, that aside....isn't it just a Human story, and an intensely personal Human story, as are ALL Human interactions??

I mean, whose business is it, anyway??

Just to pay 'homage' to the OP....WHY is 'Gay Marriage' Un-American????

Certain 'religious' characters want to spout their beliefs, and say that there is a "5,000-year tradtion" to support 'marriage'....well, any intelligent person can look THAT up and see it for the lie that it is!!

(Of course, knowing that the USA is barely more than 200 Years Old, the 5,000 Year argument seems to be failing....)....\\EDIT to clairify....

[edit on 12/28/0808 by weedwhacker]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join