It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Top Ten Reasons Gay Marriage is Un-American

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

No one picked on me, they were to cowardly. I was a book worm and a teachers pet at times but being 6 foot and somewhat burly I could hit harder than them, so I was a protector of my smaller weaker friends.

The one time I did get picked on the boy got sent home with a broken nose.

I'm not one to be picked on, so if someone was gonna bully me, they were going to learn how it feels to be beaten bloody.

[edit on 4/12/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I always chuckle when some one says being gay is not natural, they obviously have no idea what they are talking about. I am gay and I assure you I WAS BORN this way. Many times I wished It wasen't true. (Had a lot of straight friends and wanted to blenned in). No more. I'm very happy where I am now. You are born gay, like being born with blue eyes and brown hair. One can chose to be celibate however, but that applies to straight people as well.

And for those of you who say "no animal is gay", you need to watch wild kingdom more often.

[edit on Mon Dec 22 2008 by Jbird]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

This one made me laugh more than the stab at Brittany Spears marriage. It's all so stupid really.

If you guys have not seen Prop 8 the musical, you're all missing out.

Prop 8 - The Musical

[edit on 4/12/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

GamerGal is so cute! Everytime I see GamerGal I can see a maze in her eyes, because my heart gets lost when ever I see her.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

What a line...

Keep it in your pants, I know she's pretty but my god man- have some dignity.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

You shouldnt be so full of yourself. Not everyone would agree.

Back on subject....I dont see anything in the list of 10 that would convince me that gay marriage would be un-American. I see none at all. Its all a matter of letting people live their lives as they prefer to. Even "hottie" there has a right to call herself "hottie" if she likes, but that doesnt mean I have to agree, but I wont try to stop her from living her life or convincing her I dont think she is so "hottie". I would allow the respect and room for it...its called tolorance.

Same with gay/lesbians. They should be allowed to live their lives as they see fit, get married, whatever. I dont have to agree with it, I dont have to like it, but I certianly wont get in their way of how they want to live.

Tolorance people...its all about tolorance.

Perhaps if people tolorate others a little more, the people can focus on matters that warrent more attention.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
Again very well put,its a pleasure to not get flamed for asking a question.I know straights do anel sex but it does not make it natural,that was my point.

The comment you made about some gay men finding anel sex repulsive was what I was looking for.I just wanted to hear it from someone who seems to have reasoning and common sences,but then again a writer would have those traits.

Thanks again for helping with this,when I don't understand something I ask and most take it as a put down and start flameing,insecurities I guess.

Oh please ! dont tell me youve never wanted to at least try anal sex ?
Anyone thats says that is not fooling anyone except themselves .

I know some gay guys SAY THEY DONT to avoid the stigma of being gay but lets not kid ourselves .

I know a lot of straight women find it demeaning and unpleasurable but thats neither here nor there .

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redsteam

is this a joke?
America really need a renaissance, point of views like this, is what make the general man not evolve. it's non scientific, it's narrowminded. Seriously who is so stupid to think like this? I could come up with better reasons not to be gay

I really feel sorry for those that is so inbred, that they can't think.

It was meant as a satire of the anti-gay marriage stance. Grossly misrepresenting that side of the argument to create humorous ridicule.

For Lulz.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

Normally I'd alert it as off topic, but thanks lol. BTW, are you related to Adam West?
On topic... I heard there were more then ten, could any one post the rest? And Burns, I can't be full of myself, I have others to fill me up! lol I crack myself up sometimes.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by GamerGal]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I posted the full text as I found it. Of course anyone is free to add more. I added...

... of course gays should be allowed to marry... why should they be the only one's who are happy?

Of course I didn't come up with it some comedian did.... still a good line is a terrible thing to waste.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I thought the quote was "un-happy". Am I wrong?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

I can think of other reasons as to why gays should be allowed to marry such as:

Why should they be the only one's who are happy?

That's how I've heard it.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Must have been retold a few times and got "Chinese whispers"-ed up a bit I guess.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
We're not allowed to mention other websites....but there is something, free here on the 'InterTubes' available for all to see, which is a poignant three-minute 'musical' that lambastes 'Prop 8' --- it is a star-studded production!!

(hint)....it was written by 'Hairspray' writer Marc Shaiman....enjoy!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Second hint: Think about how large the 'marriage industry' is!!!

And, don't get me started about how many divorce lawyers would lick their chops at the idea of having more clients........

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I mentioned it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

GW....I hope EVERYONE links onto what you posted....

Sorry if I'm too obvious, perhaps you would have wished me to be more discrete....however, the time for 'discretion' is long past....

No dis-respect to the OP....(and EVERYONE should take the time to read EVERY page)...but, let's discuss 'marriage', shall we???

First off, 'marriage' is not a Biblical concept! (Oh yes, THEY would like you to believe it is!!!)

I challenge anyone to study the Scriptures and find any reference to 'marriage'....I'm talking both OT and NT here....good luck!

Let's now examine the case of a man and a woman....people that I actually know...who decided to have a civil ceremony for purely legal reasons. They got 'married', after living together for about 15 years, just in case one of them died. Of course, since they were a 'man' and a 'woman', no one blinked an eye...

Now, keep this concept in mind --- two people, who HAPPENED to be in a heterosexual relationship, even IF they were not 'married' during those fifteen years, STILL had every right to 'marry', under the "LAW"....

HOWEVER....two other individuals, you may have been together for the same period of time, but just happen to be of the same sex DO NOT have the same right???? By 'right' I mean, equal protection under the Constitution of the United States of America.

I write this as a child of a divorced couple....I saw my Mother meet a new man, and they lived together, unmarried, for many years.....until they realized that "marriage", as a State Contract, held many more opportunities than did, for instance, "Common Bond"....

Problem is, "marriage" IS defined State-by-State, and does not have a definition of the Federal level. Except, of course, the notion that ANY marriage in ANY State is automatically recognized, by every other of the 49 States....and thus, we have the ISSUE....and the problem with what is termed 'Gay Marriage'....and this nasty proposition to amend the United States Constitution....oh, it starts at the State's levels, but don't fool yourselves, there is a compulsion from people who are simply 'Brown-Shirts' in disquise to impel their agenda....

Here's something to consider: About 50 percent of heterosexual Marriages result in divorce. (And, I think I'm underestimating....)

Let's consider heterosexuals, for a minute...a 50 percent failure rate???

OK....that means more 'weddings'.....in Las Vegas or Reno????

NOW, let's consider actual Gay people who wish to 'tie the knot'....and think about how much money they would be willing to spend!!!!

Certainly, various straight entrepeneurs can begin to see the benefits, and the possible profits????

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Actually, it's over 51%, and over 75% of the people who marry before the age of 25 end up in divorce. Yet how many of them voted that Gays can't get married? If divorced you sure as hell shouldn't be able to tell other people they can't get married. It would be like a draft dodging coke head who went AWOL after his daddy got him a posh job in the National Guard running the military it just doesn't make sense.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
As an ignorant bystander, the two women problem, is apparently inability to only become sexually gratified. Is there any thought to child bearing as the proper progression of a sexual act? I can understand why testosterone has been accused of closet gay.
I'm just wandering in the quest for gratification, perhaps being psychologically unbalance has made you miss the gratification, so that it appears unobtainable.
The wish for more than one natural sex partner is no validation for homsexual conduct. We'd have to believe that homosexual conduct was the purpose for normal human sexual intercourse.
Frankenstein just don't cut it for human association, I'd be careful in my quest for gratification of a mental fantasy.
As far as I'm concern there are just to many people who lack the attention they deserve. Sex starved? How did they get like that? Left the hand long ago, kicked the vibrator to the curb? Just not into object love any more, and you some how believe that habit doesn't culminate in the rape of a minor or adult.
I think frankenstein needs counseling if "it" is to believe it had ever receive the proper human association.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I wish people would not look down on people for having a different sexuality. It gets old. DX I hate having to deal with homophobes. If the federal government took hold of the issue and legalized it, it would be like a long overdue slap in the face to homophobics all around.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by veryrandomannonomous]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join