It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Top Ten Reasons Gay Marriage is Un-American

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Gay people should have the same rights of heterosexual people

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

I believe the entire post was designed to lighten up the issue some and show just how silly it is to argue over. We live in a very tolerant society, why should this issue be any different.

[edit on 12/1/2008 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

It is a joke. Hard to tell though based on some of the comments made by other members on gay issues. It is almost word for word.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I used to be gay, now I'm just sad...

I find it ironic that the homosexual community would use this term to describe themselves.
I mean, what with their ongoing struggle for acceptance, equal rights and everything...
How can they be truly gay, aka happy?

Good thread, star + flag

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

This list is funnier than most, if not all Letterman lists. S & F

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
1. Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

HA!!

We love those NATURAL fried twinkies, meat on a stick, Fried garlic mashed potatoes on a stick. but of course thats all natural.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Excellent thread. Sarcasm really drives the point home to those close-minded, dogmatic Conservatives.

Star and flag.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

Gay still means homosexual, lesbian is just slang for women who are gay/homosexual.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Hilarious. Thanks for this.

Too bad as of now the passing of Prop 8 in CA still stands. Can't wait for those "activist judges" to claim they "are protecting the minority from the majority" and that we are some kind of a republic and not a direct democracy and just overturn the damn thing...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
civil unions are enough. i'm a straight american male that has been married for 25 years. it only seems like forty (lol). why gays would want to be married is beyond my understanding. i suspect it is a tax thing since the average american gay makes about sixty thousand a year which is well above the national average. its not love that makes the world go round, it is money. there is no god but the dollar and everyone wants to make a profit!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Lord have mercy when I read the title to the thread I almost completely lost faith in all humanity.

Have to love the brits, they use wit logic and comedy to push the point across. God bless BBC.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

It's SO embarrassing that "gay marriage" is an issue at all. When you consider the real issues on our planet, like animal extinction, starvation, etc... I actually want to VOMIT when people discriminate against individual's sexual orientation. TALK about EMBARRASSING! American's are SO SO SO unworldly and uncultured.. and it's not their fault. They need inspiration.

EMBARRASSING

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I brought out the batons and the tear gas for this thread, but I ended up laughing instead. Nice work. I've always believed humor to be the perfect remedy for intolerance.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

You and I both. "The Top Ten Reasons Gay Marriage is Un-American" was a good hook for a laugh.

Usually the term "Un-American" starts the anger.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Actually gay marriage has more (as I understand it) to do with such things as POA, legal standing and medical matters that straight couples take for granted.

And thanks everyone... when I first stumbled upon it I was ready to spit and cuss then I read it and all but spewed my morning coffee at my iMac laughing so hard.

I knew I had to share and more importantly drive home how petty and small the opposition is on this...

... the bottom line is its about dignity.

I am also glad the rabid funnymentalists haven't made their way to this thread... or maybe they have an slunk away in shame after reading it.

We can hope.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by grover]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I'm glad you brought it up Grover, it made a lot of good points in it's humour. That and it's not very often that threads on ATS instead of BTS have a humorous subject matter.

And you are right, I think the fundies don't have the nerve to post because of the points made.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
im so sick of "gay talk"
enough already
NOBODY WANTS GAYISM!
GET IT!!??

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GRANDWORLDDRAMA
im so sick of "gay talk"
enough already
NOBODY WANTS GAYISM!
GET IT!!??

More importantly people are sick of bigotry, prejudice and hatred... get it?

Probably not.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
How did this topic end up on ATS?

Never mind...

Unnatural? No... but there are probably some good arguments that homosexuality is is an affliction or abnormality like cronic ingrown toenails or any other genetic imperfection.

Personally, I think that the gay community is fighting for the wrong thing. Marriage is wayyy overrated and not surprisingly, it is the lawyers who are lining up behind them because here you have a new and hitherto untapped community that could soon be potential divorce clients, lol!

You know, be careful what you wish for because you might just get it?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I put it up because there is a thread going asking whether "we" should boycott gay businesses.... besides I thought it was funny and a good way to deflate a phony issue.

Our nation has far more important things to concern itself with than gays wanting to marry.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by grover]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join