It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Top Ten Reasons Gay Marriage is Un-American

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redsteam
is this a joke?

Seriously who is so stupid to think like this? I could come up with better reasons not to be gay

Yes, it is poking fun at some of the most common arguments against gay marriage.

'If you legalize gay marriage, what next? People will want to marry their dogs!'

Or...

'Legalizing gay marriage will turn the heterosexual marriage union into a perverse joke.' As if Britney Spears' 55 hour grins and giggle marriage was something that was held sacred.

Etc.

Think of it as something along the lines of Landover Baptist satire.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Everyone knows gays can make another gay. We have a secret formula with gay dust we sprinkle onto heterosexuals when they aren't looking. Immediately they get the urge to kiss men and do flower arrangements, decorate and stuff. I swear to you it is true!

I've seen this online for years.

[edit on 1/12/2008 by toochaos4u]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by toochaos4u
gay dust

dust? I thought it was more liquidous!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

That's because Lesbian / Bi-Sexual Women have the total & full Support of the Straight Male population....

I don't actually know any straight guys that don't like the idea of two women jumping each others bones. In fact most straight males I know love watching the female wrestlers on WWF (including the ones that don't even like Wrestling) and many of those women are as butch as hell, but they look great tearing away at each other...lol

Don't know why gay men though, are not so popular with straight women....

Bisically, Gay women are HOT & gay men are not...

[edit on 12/1/2008 by Ironclad]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
Don't know why gay men though, are not so popular with straight women....

In a sexual sense, no. But in a friendship, they can be some of our favorite friends. We don't have to worry about their intentions of trying to 'get into our pants' and they don't get competitive with us on a catty level like our heterosexual female friends. Basically it's 'honest friendship' minus all the superficial sex and competition nonsense.

A lot of single females will also often hang out in [male] gay bars because it's good conversation and a fun time without all the creeps hitting on you. You can sit back and chill without having your verbal mace ready in your back pocket.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well I've known for years that sexual identity was hard wired, and tolerance for variant sexual identity was gender oriented. The way most straight men tolerate two women is shared by many women (if they don't have rigid ties to religion) concerning two men. I figured that one out years ago!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
As a bisexual man I can state honestly that sexuality is so fluid that sometimes it seems that the only "perversions" are the extremes... rabidly heterosexual or rabidly homosexual and that the vast majority, if they are honest with themselves fall somewhere in between... that is not to say that they might or would ever act on it... odds are the majority never will but the issue is potentiality.

As far as I can tell there is only one true perversion and that is brutality... and when you look at it honestly... rape... incest... pedophilia... spouse abuse.... sexual murders.... true sadism (as opposed to game playing) all have their root in brutality.

Still as the Roman playwright Terence wrote: "I am a man, nothing human is alien to me."

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

That is what I've found as well. Most people are bisexual. A lot more people than most think do in fact act on it though. One day I'll write books about it because it's almost comical that a lot of things go on beyond "normal society view".

With males at least what I would consider is like this

10% Gay, 80% varying degrees of bisexuality, 10% straight.

[edit on 1/12/2008 by toochaos4u]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hilarious! This reminds me of a bit by my favorite comedian, Louis C.K.

*WARNING* Video clip contains profanity.

Come together, right now, over me.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Good thread Grover.

one line - so yak yak yak -

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

I have known some men whose overall attitude was that with enough vasaline you can boink anything.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by toochaos4u

I have known some men whose overall attitude was that with enough vasaline you can boink anything.

I thought that was booze. It is kinda frustrating when it is one of your friend's boyfriends and they are falling all over me drunken and begging for sex and years later they are all married and stuff and try to explain it away by drinking. "You know I really didn't mean that right?" "I was drunk and didn't know what I was saying." I'm thinking, Ok whatever stop whispering in my ear because it looks suspicious to your wife!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I belive it would be better if they just abolished state/fed sactioned marriage. There is no point for the state or government to recognize a religious or mental "binding" of two people. Love can not be proven to the state anyway, which is like one of the major components to why someone wants a marriage. Its mainly a tax cheat now anyway.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

great find grover!!

extremley funny and would be enlightening if only they would read and understand it

star and flag for you

[edit on 1/12/08 by noobfun]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Although I logically agree with many of your points. Its as simple as this... sorry if it offends you... we were founded as a jewdeo-christian nation... in which the majority is still jewdeo-christian. Gay or lesbian marriage is a sin under the majority of jewdeo-christian belief systems. Our laws are fashioned after the moral basis of jewdeo-christian moral beliefs and the majority of the people in this nation wouldn't have it any other way. Hence its illegal...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I find the gay lyfestyle to be wrong....but then again I really don't care enough to go out and cause crap. It is wrong but as long as it doesn't interfere with my life let them have fun. If they want to get married then do it front of a judge. I really don't see why they must interfere with anothers belief by getting married in a church, especially when the church finds what they do wrong. Why force thier issues into a place that does not want them?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
I find the gay lifestyle to be wrong.

Its funny... as I said earlier I am bisexual but I find the whole "gay" thing to be boring and shallow beyond words... if a person is gay fine no problem but stop trying to be SO GAY!!! Better to strive instead to being simply a better human.

Same thing with straights.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses,

Sigh, I guess it's back to running people over on the road since I'm as blind as a bat!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by toochaos4u
Everyone knows gays can make another gay. We have a secret formula with gay dust we sprinkle onto heterosexuals when they aren't looking. Immediately they get the urge to kiss men and do flower arrangements, decorate and stuff. I swear to you it is true!

I've seen this online for years.

Hehe, I'm so tempted to make a "Fairy Dust" joke...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

In a sexual sense, no. But in a friendship, they can be some of our favorite friends. We don't have to worry about their intentions of trying to 'get into our pants' and they don't get competitive with us on a catty level like our heterosexual female friends. Basically it's 'honest friendship' minus all the superficial sex and competition nonsense.

Oh yes, some of my best friends have been gay or transgendered men, for exactly the reasons pointed out here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join