It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Top Ten Reasons Gay Marriage is Un-American

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

I can think of other reasons as to why gays should be allowed to marry such as:

Why should they be the only one's who are happy?

bw.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

I totaly agree

Star and Flagged

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Maybe the gays and the lesbians can make it as a religion, so they could have "freedom of religion rights" in America?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
What a wonderful post gover a star and a flag for you.I may not understand or relate to the life style but what I do understand and relate to is love.In this crazy world that we live in if you can find love and if that love is strong enough that would make you want to spend the rest of your life with a person then who are we to deny that.Besides gay people should have the right to get caught up in a lousy marriage just the rest of us

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Tricky63]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
wow i'm not sure where my stance is on gay marriage, i was once completely against it. now i am moving towards indifference, tolerance and someday acceptance. i find myself both for and against some of the things in the top 10. the things i had against it were moral issues, but then i thought we all have our "moral issues" and i don't want to be a hypocrite. i believe that some people are just born "that way". i really can't debate this topic because i just don't know how to without offending anyone. so i'll just say this funny little idea - it's bad enough i have to worry about explaining the birds and the bee's to my kids someday, now i gotta explain the birds and the birds!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

now i gotta explain the birds and the birds!

Just say to the kids watch a episode of the Jerry Springer show. Then you can "understand" about the two birds in the same nest!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
is this a joke?
America really need a renaissance, point of views like this, is what make the general man not evolve. it's non scientific, it's narrowminded. Seriously who is so stupid to think like this? I could come up with better reasons not to be gay

1. Being gay is not natural. - isn't it natural? Man has been gay since before "jesus" was born, in the animal kingdom there is plenty of gay relations.

2. what? i hang out with gay people, that doesn't make me gay. people doesn't become gay, they're it from birth, they just realize it later.

3. "America land of the free" riiighht, so gay people aren't humans? shouldn't they also have the FREEDOM to get married. I'd rather marry a duck than sharing theese narrowminded ways of thinking

4. you need a renaissance - period, do you live in the middle ages?

5. well, many see religion as a thing that makes marriage less meaningfull.
oh by the way, where does it say in the bible you should have a churge?

6. Well hello police state, so you can "cure" being gay? or just deny it?

7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children. I had a laugh at this one - cough.. where did the gay parents come from? one of my old class mates were raised by 2 lesbians and he's very(very, very) straight

8. only religion in a America? America is a breeding ground for cults. Again move on realize that theorcracy started as a cult as well..

9. many that have been raised by 2 straight parents doesn't even see them as a role model. Again isn't this denying freedom?

10. what? gay marriage is legal in quite alot of #ries, not enough in my oppinion and that hasn't caused a stir...

I really feel sorry for those that is so inbred, that they can't think.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

Standing next to skinny people will be the next diet fad

Using Humor to fight fear is not fair as it makes serious people seem silly.

OP I bow to you and your great discovery. Stars, flags etc for you.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The gay people (men) do NOT "=" to the lesbian people (women)...

I suggest adding that statement as number 11 to the list. It fits right into the thought pattern.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

Jon Stewart does it everyday. Funny how it angers people, and even funnier how true his words are, while still being extremely hilarious.

To the OP:

I agree that "Gay Marriage" should be legal from the government's eyes. However, I believe it should be the church's choice over whether someone gets a legal ceremony from a priest. No one can force the church into doing something.

So, let them marry in the government's eyes. They can hire a fake priest or go to Vegas if they want a ceremony.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Basically that is the civil union argument... as long as the couple, straight or gay have the same perks and responsiblities as church married couples... and must still go through a divorce and/or anullment I am all for it.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
it's bad enough i have to worry about explaining the birds and the bee's to my kids someday, now i gotta explain the birds and the birds!

Look at it as you're lucky enough, not it's bad enough. You get to teach your kids the birds and the birds so they don't have to worry about it in their adult lives. Adults have far too much to worry about these days.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
All you need to teach your child is that what goes on in the heart is far more important than what goes on in bed.

That without compassion we are no better than our prejudices.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Redsteam

Redsteam,

Navigate away from ATS to www.google.com

Type in "define: sarcasm" in the search bar.

Read.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rightwingnut
were still ignorant and laughing at you.

Stating your ignorance was not neccessary, we can read.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
maybe someone should start a thread on making christian inbred hillbillies sterile?
sorry, but i can't grasp that such ignorant people that thinks like this, has more rights than a bacteria, then again.. a bacteria would can benefit more for the human kind than theese folks

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redsteam

is this a joke?
America really need a renaissance, point of views like this, is what make the general man not evolve. it's non scientific, it's narrowminded. Seriously who is so stupid to think like this? I could come up with better reasons not to be gay

I really feel sorry for those that is so inbred, that they can't think.

And the sarcasm flew over your head.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest
There should be a world nude day. Where EVERYBODY is naked for one day! That should keep everybody happy.

I'm up for that dude, if it happens please let me kow in time to lose some lard,

The dude in the nude

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redsteam is this a joke?

I guess when you see so much antagonism directed towards gay marriage, it can become easy to miss the joke and deal, instead, with the line you see drawn in the sand. You came out fighting, but it was on the aside of the angels. Don't sweat it.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

You really are amazingly ignorant aren't you?

The OP was making a joke. This is a pro gay marriage thread.

Please cut off your nuts and remove yourself from the gene pool before the human race gets dumber.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

You really are amazingly ignorant aren't you?

The OP was making a joke. This is a pro gay marriage thread.

Please cut off your nuts and remove yourself from the gene pool before the human race gets dumber.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join