I saw this posted on a BBS -- there was no attribution.(visit the link for the full news article)
1. Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6. Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
This is great! Star and flag for you.
It's nice to see a lighter side of the issue that still makes a strong point.
Originally posted by grover
reply to post by gordonwest
That's splitting hairs gay=lesbian... aka same sex relations.
Originally posted by rightwingnut
I think counseling for the mental problem would have been nicer
Originally posted by gordonwest
Sorry to ask. Who was you directed that post towards? Because you didn't say who.
Originally posted by gordonwest The gay people (men) do NOT "=" to the lesbian people (women)...The Lesbians are well more higher respected!