It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 10 days Left-Until Predicted Huge Earthquakes

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
You people beat me to it. There was a small 3.6 quake here in Charleston.

"CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - The National Weather Service has confirmed a 3.6 magatude earthquake hit the Lowcountry on Tuesday around 7:45 am.

According to reports, there was a loud rumble, followed by a violent shake. Many residents report being woken up, and their entire home shaking during the tremor.

There have not been any reports of damage or injuries from the quake. "

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
So is this webbot prediction busted yet or what?

I hope so, damn webbot confusing all the silly people

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

I'm sorry, I must have missed it. What exactly was "ehhh?" supposed to mean?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains
reply to post by questioningall

And... of course... as these men have stated since I first heard them interviewed in September on Coast to Coast radio... the "earthquake prediction" foretold by the web bot actually goes until January the 2'nd.

Calamitous Web Bot Predictions - Coast to Coast

Beginning on October 7, 2008 and running through March 2009, they foresee a calamitous period on an epic scale. America will be beset by a variety of problems, which they broke down as 45-48% related to the economy, 40% concerning the military, and the rest associated with natural disasters. Between 2 and 22 million lives could be lost or seriously impacted, they estimated, possibly related to a "global coastal event" in 2009. On Dec. 10-12th, 2008, a large quake could hit the Pacific Northwest, they added.
The earthquake forecast is not until January, unless that is written some place else, with a latter date than the text you posted.

What it says is "On Dec. 10-12th, 2008, a large quake could hit the Pacific Northwest, they added".

This is not the same event forecasted for 2009, they are different things, at least that is what my (little) knowledge of English tells me.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by reject

I'm sorry, I must have missed it. What exactly was "ehhh?" supposed to mean?

Originally posted by questioningall
Today being Dec. 1st - there are only 10 days left until the time frame of Dec. 10 -15th of 2 Huge (maybe biggest ever) Earthquakes to hit the U.S. and then somewhere else in the world.
c'mon...its not even remotely close

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Yet I wasn't speaking of the webbot's prediction was I. I was responding your comment about Sweden's quake and pointing out that just because you think it's insignificant doesn't mean it is. An earthquake in an area that doesn't have frequent earthquake activity is not by any means insignificant. Perhaps if a few hundred people had died it would be significant to you.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by reject

Yet I wasn't speaking of the webbot's prediction was I. I was responding your comment about Sweden's quake and pointing out that just because you think it's insignificant doesn't mean it is. An earthquake in an area that doesn't have frequent earthquake activity is not by any means insignificant. Perhaps if a few hundred people had died it would be significant to you.
what? newsflash: that's what this thread is about. So everything posted here is relative to the topic. This Sweden quake is insignificant.

So stop squirming out of it.

peace...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Reject is right.
The topic for discussion here is the predicted, large American quake.
His context was entirely appropriate.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm patiently waiting until the 15th December, that is the last day of this "quake window" right?

But if my light fixtures aren't swinging by then I'm going to be highly diappointed.

Tick tock, tick tock........

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

It's the sixteenth today.
Second line- Note the date on your posts guy.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Web bot failed.

December 10-15 has come and gone.

If people have to say 'was that it?' .. then it definately wasn't it.

The quake was supposed to shake the nation so hard that infrastructure would fall apart and people would be starving and going cold in the winter.

Web bot failed.

(kinda fun being on web bot watch though!
)

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
What it says is "On Dec. 10-12th, 2008, a large quake could hit the Pacific Northwest, they added".

And it wouldnt take a genius to predict that one either (its been likely for decades now)

Fancy predicting a large earthquake near one of the worlds most active fault lines

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dewm0nster

I'll recap for you both.

Today is the 16th.
The webbot was wrong, discussion on it for the most part ended except for the influx of "I told you so" type posts.
A post was made about the quake in Switzerland. (Not about the webbot's prediction.)
Reject posted a response to that post calling the quake insignificant. (Once again not talking about the webbot's prediction.)
I posted a response that said it may be insignificant to them, but if it was in an area that typically does not have quakes then it is not insignificant. (Yet again, not talking about the webbot's prediction.)

So no, in the context of what was actually being discussed it would appear that my point was valid whether the two of you want to admit it or not.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Worthless_USER

yep that 3.6 really was the worlds biggest let me be the first to officailly say

BUSTED

have fun yall

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak

Originally posted by chickenshoes

Originally posted by kattraxx

As Jim Berkland 's biographer, good friend...I am going to say that this is a rumor. I do not believe he would have said an 8.0 quake would be the result this month. Look at his forecast. Once again, after posting the below post I will post Berkland's Dec. eq forecast. Also, he forecasts for 4 regions every month; he will make a MOSS prediction sometimes but I doubt that he forecasted such a quake/mag...He is gone till Dec. 19...so no way to know for sure. But I seriously doubt he'd predict a great quake in this manner. Oh, and working with him on The Man Who Predicts Earthquakes...he would never say "heavenly bodies'" or a "series of 8 plus megaquakes."

www.websitetoolbox.com...

So, Cal's telling me this is BS. And she promptly posted it in her forum. How about a little more substance and less hysteria? Attributing false quotes to someone like Jim Berkland, I doubt, will go unnoticed.

[edit on 12/13/08 by kattraxx]

Thanks for checking on this, kattraxx. Like I said before, I had looked all over the web, and on his website, sysygy and couldn't find a thing at all that said he had actually predicted this, either.

Glad you have some connections, there

As I said in the other thread it was sarcasm.

(Ok, it seems like Red Cloak is ignoring me, so I'll try again.)

Red Cloak, just how could your original post be considered sarcasm?

From Merriam-Webster dictionary online:

Main Entry:
sar·casm Listen to the pronunciation of sarcasm
Pronunciation:
\ˈsär-ˌka-zəm\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwarəs- to cut
Date:

1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain2 a: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b: the use or language of sarcasm
synonyms see wit

Sorry, I see no sarcasm in your original post about a supposed prediction from Jim Berkland. You're going to have to explain what you mean by that.

Thanks,

CS

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Alright?
Well, we here in this thread are talking about the Webbot's prediction, so you're still out of context with our conversation.
Be more specific in your posts next time,

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Wow. Another prediction failed?
It seems the only prediction that proves accurate is the prediction that all other predictions fail.
Who could have predicted that?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The links to the weather predictions which were part of the August ALTA run from the web bot were posted back on page 23. Since, you apparently can't find them I'll give you the key info right here so you can't miss it this time...

From page 23...

"December 10th through the 15th of January are especially active with combinations of problems including the [earthquake] already forecast for that period in the 32/thirty-two to 36/thirty-six degrees of latitude band, and also now several large [storms] are indicated to also contribute to the [diaspora] meme at [local] and [regional] levels. There are specific references within the [flowing waters/flooding_induced by storms] which include the [pacific northwest] of the continental USofA, as well as [northern, western europe]. This last is apparently also associated with [storm surge]."

This is from the Aug. 8 ALTA run from the web bot. Notice that it refers to the already forecast earthquake, along with new information regarding several large storms. Key words that it picked out are [diaspora], [flowing waters/flooding induced by storms], [northern, western europe] and [storm surge].

Now, here's the article from Friday, Dec. 13 where a large storm caused a state of emergency in Rome, Italy. Notice the key words which are direct hits from the web bot runs. The article mentions evacuations (ie. diaspora), flooding and surging waters. The mayor even uses the word "earthquake" to describe what the damage was like, which I find extremely interesting as the storms were predicted in the same ALTA run which mentions the earthquake prediction.

Heavy Rains Pound Italy, Rome Declares State of Emergency

Now, for the last and final time, here is the actual prediction, from the actual web bot ALTA run from August 8...

"There continue to be aspect/attribute sets which accrue in support of the [earthquake] in December. The actual range in December has been noted in modelspace to extend from December 3rd out to January 5th, but the spot of the largest accretion of groups of support within that range is December 10th through the 12th. This is also when the [visibility] sub set summations are at their peak.

The large accretion of groups centers around Dec. 10-12, which is why they mentioned those dates on the Coast to Coast program. In the past, these areas have been good indicators for them to try to make the window smaller. Now, since the smaller window has passed, they are still waiting as the complete window for this prediction was from Dec. 3 out to Jan. 5. Possible reasons why there hasn't been a quake as of yet include the following (from urbansurvival.com)

Well, the December 10-12 major earthquake hasn't shown up yet (at least as of press time). Possibilities? 1) The predictive linguistics could have gotten it wrong or 2) Could be off by a number of days (window continues into January)

Please note the following in ()...window continues into January.

The storm in the New England area which has wiped out electricity to 800,000 residents was something brought up by the OP. I've asked for a link for that prediction, as I didn't know where the OP came up with that information. Apparently though, there were linguistic hits in that as well, relating to a shortage of supply (no energy), and school closures serving as shelters.

You'll have to search back through the thread to find that info I guess, as I'm only going to help out with the info I've dug up myself. To me, it appears that the web bot has two hits based on the emotional linguistics which are appearing in these news stories. If you feel these are just normal type storms that happen every year, then I don't know what to tell you, other than I disagree.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil Genius

Thanks, Evil Genius, I was "flooded" with work these last six days, so it has been a little hard to remember about these things.

I see (thanks to you post) that I have not what it takes to analyse these forecasts, seeing that they are based on the interpretation of the words, and I am one of those people that use the words in their "dictionary meaning", if you know what I mean.

So, when I read "Western and North Europe" I do not think of Italy, I think more about the UK, France, Germany, countries like those. Being in a Western country myself, I always think of it (and Spain, Italy, Greece, etc.) as Southern European countries.

In the same way, I do not consider an evacuation the same as a diaspora, a diaspora, to me, is a permanent relocation of people in another place, not a temporary displacement.

So, considering the above, and thanking all the people that helped me reach this conclusion, I will stop from mixing my interpretations with those from people more capable of interpreting a language that is not even my own.

PS: I haven't found any link from an "official" source with confirmation that the prediction of bad weather came from this web-bot.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I been following this thread and others for a few days. Thought what a bunch of bs. But been talking to a friend in costa rica and they had an earthquake 7.3 but cant confirm anywhere. It was near the town of Limon.
She lives there and had a 5.2 a week or 2 ago and said it was a bad one so one for the bot i guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join