It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 10 days Left-Until Predicted Huge Earthquakes

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Thank you questioningall for some intriguing, very educational threads here! I have learned much from the enlightened contributers, including yourself, in these. And yes, we are all happy that the web-bot may have gotten this wrong. God bless you for all your hard work and compassion towards individuals you will never meet... you are a rare soul.

These threads were/are very important.

Now, since these threads are important, allow me if you will, to feed the vultures that always infest the ends of these with their insatiable egoes? (And help keep the threads on top -> defeating their purpose!)

Where's Our Quake?
Well, the December 10-12 major earthquake hasn't shown up yet (at least as of press time). Possibilities? 1) The predictive linguistics could have gotten it wrong or 2) Could be off by a number of days (window continues into January) and 3) - this is the one perplexing me - when there's a really big event, we don't have a reliable way to pick out years. In other words, when something huge comes along ('death of the dollar' for example) we have been seeing that in the data for a couple of years now as a November event, but may not be until Nov. 2009 or 2010...

SOURCE: Urbansurvival.com

And... of course... as these men have stated since I first heard them interviewed in September on Coast to Coast radio... the "earthquake prediction" foretold by the web bot actually goes until January the 2'nd.

Calamitous Web Bot Predictions - Coast to Coast

Beginning on October 7, 2008 and running through March 2009, they foresee a calamitous period on an epic scale. America will be beset by a variety of problems, which they broke down as 45-48% related to the economy, 40% concerning the military, and the rest associated with natural disasters. Between 2 and 22 million lives could be lost or seriously impacted, they estimated, possibly related to a "global coastal event" in 2009. On Dec. 10-12th, 2008, a large quake could hit the Pacific Northwest, they added.

Fascinating listen, indeed.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Right. I'm sure January 3rd somebody will be here to remind us that the prediction could come true any time up until February whateverth.

The fear mongers who make these predictions just love it when their "predictions" fall flat and their followers continue to play the sucker for them anyways.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I saw this on a web site and thought I would throw it in.

01 December 2008 Beached whales die in Australia [Keyword: stranding ]
About 150 whales have died after being stranded in a remote coastal area of the Australian island of Tasmania.

Many of the long-finned pilot whales, which were discovered on Saturday, had been badly injured by jagged rocks.

Rescuers did manage to shepherd about 30 whales trapped in shallow reefs to safety using a small boat, an official said.

Whales pass Tasmania as they migrate to and from Antarctic waters and stranding is not uncommon.

Last week 11 whales were rescued after more than 60 became stranded off another part of the island.

Local residents and experts had worked to help this group of whales, stranded near Sandy Cape in north-west Tasmania, but most had been injured by rocks and reefs.

Officials moved one stranded whale that was calling to a group offshore, in a bid to prevent further deaths.

"Unfortunately, that whale died but what happened then was those 30 whales milling around seemed more willing to move on and with a boat in the water we managed to shepherd them out of the bay," Warwick Brennan, a spokesman for the department of primary industries and water, told AAP news agency.

Pilot whales are among the smaller whales, growing to about 5m (16ft) in length.
Scientists are not sure what causes whales to beach.

Source: bbc.co.uk

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Type stranding into the google search engine, and guess what the second link is

www.google.com.au...

Sorry, wasnt sure if this is what you typed into web bot

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dewm0nster
Ah man.
It's awesome to be right all the time.
Some people would think it's a curse- But me?
Nah.
I just, love bein' right.

Now where's that fat juicy apology?
Has it been posted yet, or are we all still waiting?

lol

It is 6.29 am and I have just had my first laugh of the morning. Cheers dude.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Jim Birkland 's window was until the 18th so I will be watching for 2 more days.

He's usually quite accurate.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
the "[hoax]" should be added anytime now...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Depends on how large scale the event is......locally its difficult, but region wide is a bit easier as weather patterns are examined on a macro scale. Again its hard for me to say, because I am not in the climate section and work in Australia, not North America. On a macro scale, the probability of events can be forecast up to almost 12 months in advance

It doesnt surprise me that web bot may have got it correct though, taking into account the wealth of climatic and long term forecasts that are available on the web at the moment. I would be more surprised if web bot didnt examine data packages from anywhere and just came out with it from no where, but since it didnt, i cant say I am impressed.

By the way, who is translating the web bot "predictions"? And why are we only hearing web bot has predicted these events after they have occured? Bit suspicious in my opinion

Thanks for the info, as I really don't know too much about long-term forecasting. Apparently, about as much as you know about how the web bot works. There are plenty of links in this thread that detail who is making the translations and predictions. So I'll assume you haven't read any of those and quickly passed it all off as some bs like so many on this thread have as well. I think that's the biggest problem coming from skeptics on this thread. They see "earthquake prediction", read nothing about where it's coming from to learn the how and why, and immediately just write it off.

As far as anything suspicious in regard to the weather predictions, I quoted the recent release of the ALTA run from Aug. 8, back on page 23 of this thread. The date I posted that prediction was Dec. 10. Now, check page 29 and see the link to the state of emergency article for the storm in Rome. That occurred on Dec 13, right in the window mentioned on the Aug. 8 ALTA run, with numerous key words that the web bot had pulled out of it's run. It's these specifics at the local level which are what interest me and give the web bot more than a coincidences chance of being correct. I guess it's true that the web bot could be getting info from climate change models, but the creators say they search for changes in emotional levels of language. Originally, all they were searching for was a way to get a leg up on the stock market, but after things started appearing in their runs that had nothing to do with that, they realized they might have stumbled upon something. And I'm not sure what could be more emotional than a state of emergency. Or 800,000 people losing their electricity for an extended period of time. These are not normal storm type events, they are once in a (decade?/century?) type events that make the front page of news outlets.

Might they have missed on the EQ prediction? Yes, but the window still is open until Jan. 5. They seem to have a direct hit with two storm predictions, so I guess they are 2 for 3 at this point. Not bad and a bit higher than what coincidence says should happen.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabisquit
Jim Birkland 's window was until the 18th so I will be watching for 2 more days.

He's usually quite accurate.

no sorry we're not discussing jim berkland here ... we're talking about the web bots and their time is up. they have proven their selves a big fat failure ONCE again.

no more air time for them!

edited out bad spelling.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by ll__raine__ll]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
not sure if this is a bot hit or not. this is very rare, though not huge.

STOCKHOLM: An earthquake measuring 4.7 on the Richter scale hit southern Sweden early Tuesday, the Seismological Institute at Uppsala University
said, but no damage was immediately reported.

The quake, which hit at 6:20 am (0520 GMT), had its epicentre some 59 kilometres (36 miles) southeast of Sweden's third-largest city Malmoe, the institute said.

Media reports indicated the shock was felt throughout southern Sweden and northern Denmark, including the Danish capital Copenhagen, as buildings and homes shook but no damage was reported.

Earthquakes of this magnitude are rare in Scandinavia.

"For Sweden this is a very big quake," Reynar Boedvarsson of the Seismological Institute told Swedish news agency TT.

"It's not dangerous for people but there may be cracks in building constructions," he said.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

now, this may not be it. however, with this being rare and they were calling for two quakes, one smaller than the other. maybe they picked this one up as the smaller one because of how rare it was. that was the biggest quake in 104 years.

or, maybe they completely failed. take it for what its worth. but im keeping my eyes open.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by perficio7]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Heavy earthquake hits southern Sweden this morning

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder
Heavy earthquake hits southern Sweden this morning

www.abovetopsecret.com...

that sux. how big was it?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by perficio7

Here's hoping it was a coincidence and that the webbot can still be considered wrong. This one may not seem big compared to the magnitude some earthquake prone areas see. But if you don't have earthquakes very often, it doesn't matter how big it is it can still be frightening and can still cause damage.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I just looked at the EQ map from
earthquake.usgs.gov...

I find it interesting, that first there was a very small quake by Knoxville, Tn. but second it seems there was a 4. something quake by Charleston, South Carolina that has just happened this last hour.

They do not have the information of the size, but the square size looks to be around the 4. area of size.

That square has just appeared and on the map.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I personally think that the quakes come this year or else the first 2 months of 2009.
But this is my opinion.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
there's always some earthquake somewhere...the sweden quake is insignificant.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Insignificant to you perhaps. Of course I'm sure you thought the one that hit the Illinois/Kentucky/Indiana area last year was insignificant as well even though it caused structural damage.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Charleston SC. When I lived in SC they said we were due for a big quake, not this small though ( earthquakes.usgs.gov... ) 3.6 - 32 degrees north

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by reject

Insignificant to you perhaps. Of course I'm sure you thought the one that hit the Illinois/Kentucky/Indiana area last year was insignificant as well even though it caused structural damage.
ehhh???

Originally posted by questioningall
Today being Dec. 1st - there are only 10 days left until the time frame of Dec. 10 -15th of 2 Huge (maybe biggest ever) Earthquakes to hit the U.S. and then somewhere else in the world.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evil Genius
I would also still like to point out that the ALTA run from August 8th stated clearly that the window for this quake was from Dec. 10 thru Jan. 5. I think most of you were too busy killing the messenger instead of actually reading the message. The dates from Dec. 10-15 were considered hot due to the cluster of language centered around that time.
According to the transcript of the radio interview to which questioningall posted a link some posts back, what he said was:

So the next time we do an earthquake predication… which is for December 10th through 12th.

This interview was in September, I think.

You say you aren't very impressed with the web bot predicting storms because they are part of any long term weather forecast.
I did not saw any forecast from the web-bot about storms in the Autumn, what I saw was a forecast for a cold winter.

The web bot seems fairly accurate on these two events considering the storm in New England and the storm in Italy, with both being predicted 4 months out for a very specific window.
Sorry, I did not saw that Italy forecast, could you please tell me when it was made? Thanks.

Everyone wants to bash the earthquake aspect of the ALTA run because it hasn't happened, but none of the haters on here have anything to say about these other specific events.
I am not a "hater", but I have yet to see how the forecast was correct, and all the posts that I have made about it (both here and in the other thread) have been ignored.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join