It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 10 days Left-Until Predicted Huge Earthquakes

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Comrad "whoshotJR" the lower part of the Juan de Fuca plate is actually known to be covered by watching the fault to the SE of my location, and since there is no backed up pressure detectable, then there will be no earthquakes measuring over 5.5 in magnitude coming from the lower part of the Juan de Fuca plate within the next 3 days from now.

The same for Colima, Mexico and the Mexico City area, there is no chance of an earthquake of 5.5 or greater in magnitude striking within the next three days.

For the places that I state, it is impossible for a major quake to strike inside any of those areas for the time period that I state.

I have gotten many, many earthquake predictions correct.

I knew of the Mexico City and the Colima Mexico earthquakes weeks before they struck. The Colima Mexico earthquake cell actually had reverse polarity, that was the first time I had noticed reverse polarity taking place. I knew of many, many others that have taken place in North America.

A person only has to watch different faults and know where they are connected to, or linked to, in order to understand what area is to be affected later. A person has to watch the equipment on a daily basis, and then be able to become mobile and travel to where the fault is located at, no matter how many hundreds of miles you may have to drive in order to get to it, in order to see it up close and take its pressure.

As to telling you of an earthquake in the future, that is why I'm here now, because of others silly predictions without any scientific basis; and what do I find? Absolutely nothing, that is what I find, so place your bets that there will not be any earthquakes for the areas I have stated for the period I have stated and you will be richer.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Okay, I will take the bait. Please, honored RussianScientists, help enlarge my small-sized brain with knowledge of your earthquake detection capabilities. You have made repeated claims of being able to detect a large earthquake in the central United States a few days ahead of time (at least three days, I believe). May I ask, what are the limits of your detection system (magnitude-wise)? If there were a 5.0 M quake coming, could you detect it before it strikes? Do you only have equipment in the New Madrid area, or do you have detection capabilities elsewhere? If you do not have detection capabilities elsewhere, may I humbly ask what the purpose of earthquake detection instruments is in an area with little seismic activity (relative to ring of fire)?

Additionally, let me apologize for my unjustified attacks in which I made claim that you do not represent Russian Scientists very well. I was incorrect, as you have pointed out. I will try to stop believing in attacking people that I have no right to attack. Hopefully I will be able to do this, despite my shortcomings.

Yours in Science,
Naturally Smooth

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Naturally Smooth

i got this one.

large earthquakes are preceded by something called fore-schocks. an area that is about to have a major earthquake im guessing 7.0 or higher there would be a serious of fore shocks. little tremors like maybe a 3.0 or 2.0 most liekly under 5.0.

the madrid area has not had any yet and california always has small tremors. so nothing new.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

Comrad "Matyas" that is an interesting link showing that larger earthquakes in the 8-9 magnitude range can trigger other activity in other parts of the world; in this case near Parkfield, California.

Holoverse's link was very interesting also showing the world wide travel of larger earthquake triggering activity that is possible from larger earthquakes.

For all of you that like to read very interesting stuff about earthquakes, that is enjoyable to read, I suggest you read "When the Snakes Awake: Animals and Earthquake Prediction", by Helmut Tributsch, this is probably the best book I've ever read on earthquake prediction, and I have seen people here on this site copying stuff straight out of this book without telling of the book.

I have had this book for many years, and you could get one off of ebay for a cheap price more than likely. Or go to "Campusi.com" and see who has the cheapest book. It really is a very good book to sit down and read, it is not technical, and it has many, many stories of eyewitness accounts. Unfortunately for the author of the book, he didn't believe most of those people, but I did, and still do, and I'm very, very sure almost all of those people told the truth of what they noticed right before major earthquakes struck.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla

large earthquakes are preceded by something called fore-schocks. an area that is about to have a major earthquake im guessing 7.0 or higher there would be a serious of fore shocks. little tremors like maybe a 3.0 or 2.0 most liekly under 5.0.

the madrid area has not had any yet and california always has small tremors. so nothing new.

I have serious doubts as to your claims of being a geologist who is also an earthquake expert. Did you really say, "large earthquakes are preceded by something called fore-shocks"?

Magnitude 2.0
Date-Time

* Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 15:11:30 UTC
* Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 09:11:30 AM at epicenter
* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 36.471°N, 89.568°W
Depth 9.8 km (6.1 miles)
Region SOUTHEASTERN MISSOURI
Distances

* 6 km (4 miles) SE (143°) from Marston, MO
* 11 km (7 miles) SSE (165°) from Howardville, MO
* 12 km (8 miles) NE (47°) from Hayward, MO
* 45 km (28 miles) S (178°) from Sikeston, MO
* 155 km (96 miles) NNE (13°) from Memphis, TN
* 247 km (154 miles) SSE (166°) from St. Louis, MO

And there's been three in this area:

Magnitude 4.1
Date-Time

* Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 08:41:26 UTC
* Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 12:41:26 AM at epicenter
* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 32.510°N, 115.512°W
Depth 18.9 km (11.7 miles)
Region BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO
Distances

* 16 km (10 miles) SSW (195°) from Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico
* 19 km (12 miles) S (184°) from Calexico, CA
* 25 km (15 miles) S (177°) from Heber, CA
* 141 km (88 miles) E (91°) from Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VelmaLu

never have i once stated i was a geologist or earthquake expert. i simply do my research.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by soma_pills

Comrad "soma_pills" that was an excellent read, but there is no chance for a mega earthquake to strike the area you stated within the next three days. So relax and take life easy.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

Comrad "Red Cloak" soma_pills does seem to have a match going for what Web Bot predicted, but the time is definitely not now or within the next three days.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone else brought this up but there have just been three small quakes in the New Madrid area in the past day according to this Google Earth overlay:

earthquake.usgs.gov... (use the "by age" option, and u must have Google Earth)

One appears to be a 4.* magnitude! The other in the 3 range and one just a mile or so from New Madrid itself was a 2 range. The largest one was also deeper than the other two when you use the depth option.

There are no quakes listed for the past week until these sometime in the past 24 hours.

Today is Dec. 14 so I guess we'll see.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Comrad "Naturally Smooth" you are a tough person Naturally Smooth, but a good person.

Detection of the system is well below 1.0 in magnitude. In fact it detects "silent earthquakes" which can be verified by satellite or surveying equipment. Other seismic type systems cannot detect "silent or slow earthquakes".

Detection is also of the use of optics. In other words if you didn't want to detect something in a certain area, you would leave that area out of focus, and you would focus the equipment in on your target area; that is if you had some reason to use optics to limit the area studied, or to detect stuff occurring at even greater distances than normal.

If there was a 5.0 magnitude earthquake coming yes, it would be very easy to detect in the primary region. The primary region is of course the region I'm currently in, and at this point in time, with the ground pressure being currently extremely low, detection of a 5.0 magnitude earthquake would take place up to and just over the 500 mile limit of detection. The amount of time the earthquake cell would be detectable would vary, but normal minimal course for earthquake cells before they could strike, would be at the end of their first cycle, and that would take 5 days to complete the first cycle.

Any other magnitude of earthquake would be the same right now, except you would multiply its magnitude by 100 and you would get its estimated distance it would be detectable at currently with such low ground pressures. These types of ground pressures usually exist at times of tornados. So, if this would be summer instead of winter, then you would have to definitely be watching out for tornados.

Detection is coming straight out of the region of Wichita, Kansas. A 5.0+ magnitude earthquake at this time would be detectable for more than 25 miles beyond Memphis, TN from here. A 6.0+ magnitude earthquake at this time would be detectable for more than 125 to the east of Memphis, TN from here. A 7.0 magnitude earthquake at this time would be detectable for more than 225 miles to the east of Memphis, TN from here. A 8.0 magnitude earthquake at this time would be detectable for more than 325 miles to the east of Memphis, TN from here. A 9.0 magnitude earthquake at this time would be detectable for more than 425 miles east of Memphis, TN from here at this particular point in time with the ground pressure values so extremely low. So no, I don't need to have any equipment at New Madrid, MO as you can see.

The purpose of having earthquake detection equipment in an area where few earthquakes strike, is because it has the greatest area of detection that can possibly be covered. There are also many linked areas in this region. If you want to predict earthquakes along the Ring of Fire, then you should have equipment in areas where you can detect certain areas of the Ring of Fire by their link. From here I can cover several thousand miles of the Ring of Fire.

From this location, I can cover the area of the Ring of Fire from the USA/Mexico border to approximately the Oregon/Washington border from one linked fault nearby. From another fault nearby, I can cover the area of Ring of Fire from Kodiak Island off the coast of Alaska, clear over to the region between the island of Japan, and the island of Kamchatka, Russia. I can also cover this central region of the USA between Memphis to Denver and Dallas to Pierre. So, at this very particular spot on Earth, there is lots of knowledge that has been gained.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Trust me, I'm not losing any sleep.
By far the greatest weakness the web bots have is timing things down to the level of a few days, which is why I made it clear that I have no expectation as to when this might occur, if ever. I don't really know why they made such a narrow prediction in the first place as their own data set had the window open from early Dec through Jan 5th IIRC. It was just that the data pointed to the 10th-12th as the strongest possibility, so they added a little fudge factor and said 10th-15th. I would have given myself the extra 2-3 weeks. I mean calling 2 large quakes, one at least an 8.0+ (very rare, average 1 per year since 1900 link), within a month window with specific and verifiable language/characteristics would be impressive enough for me, but they went with a 5 day window. It's their reputation, not mine, so I can only guess as to why.

I enjoy linguistic analysis and am of the opinion that the web bots are on to 'something' but are far from perfect at this stage. So I watch and analyze out of curiosity and don't get worked up one way or the other.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by soma_pills]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by questioningall
In September - the webbot said:

The Web Bots foresee that the Winter in the Northeast will be very cold this Winter, causing some schools to close, and then later to reopen as shelters for people who can't heat their homes. Language suggests that the shortage will either be caused by supply, cost of fuel, or both.]"

As I am not from the US and I live in an area where it is extremely rare to have snow (twice in 60 years, and the last time it lasted just for less than 5 minutes), I have to ask this; is it abnormal to close schools and use them after as help centres, or is it something that has happened in other occasions?

Also, what was the reason for the lack of electricity that affects those people, supply, cost of supply or both, as the web-bot forecasted (they do not make predictions
) or was it something else?

Hi there. It looks like no one else has answered your question so I thought I would. I'm from the USA and have paid attention to the new england power outtage because it's only a couple states from me and because we had a mini two hour local outtage from an animal getting into a power substation. No joke.
IME its not unusual to shut down schools and use them for shelters in times of natural or other types of disaster.
The large New England power outtage was caused by an unusually large and severe ice storm that toppled trees and power lines.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

i got this one.

I live in Arkansas and there have been several earthquakes that were noted very recently as being abnormal here. Also there have been some tremors in Missouri very recently (both in the New Madrid zone or the faults that splinter off of it), so actually there has been activity in the New Madrid area recently.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

may i see some proof of that?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Here you go: link

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – A series of small earthquakes that rattled central Arkansas in recent weeks could be a sign of something much bigger to come. By this weekend, seismologists hope to install three measurement devices to gather data about future temblors in the area. That information could show whether the rumbles come from heat-related geological changes or from an undiscovered fault — which could mean a risk of substantial earthquakes in the future.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

It's been posted several times already in both of these ongoing earthquake threads.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

This area has got a lot of faults associated with it from the mountain building of the Ouachitas, but they're considered inactive."

i dont want to be a prick but this guy hasnt even done the tests yet. its all speculation.

the prediction times out tommorow at midnight. drop your guns its over

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

This area has got a lot of faults associated with it from the mountain building of the Ouachitas, but they're considered inactive."

i dont want to be a prick but this guy hasnt even done the tests yet. its all speculation.

the prediction times out tommorow at midnight. drop your guns its over

You could say 'thanks for the link', or better yet take 5 seconds and use Google like I did. Or try the USGS website which has recent activity by state. Or you could nit pick and make a childish comment.

If you don't want to be a prick, don't be one.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

and you could try digging up some real facts. and not throw useless irrelevent speculations at me

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

and you could try digging up some real facts. and not throw useless irrelevent speculations at me

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join