It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN calls for 'massive' economic stimulus to temper global crisis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

UN calls for 'massive' economic stimulus to temper global crisis

nz.biz.yahoo.com

The UN called for "massive economic stimulus packages that are coherent and mutually reinforcing on a global basis, and linked with sustainable development imperatives" in a Report on World Economic Situation and Prospects 2009 presented at an international conference on development financing in Doha.

The packages "should come on top of the liquidity and recapitalization measures already undertaken by countries in response to the economic crisis," the report added.

UN economists also proposed "stronger regulation of financial markets and institutions, adequate international liquidity provisioning, an overhaul of the international reserve system and a more inclusive and effective global economic governance, to prevent against any future repetition."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Special delivery, and there's more 'packages' on the way. The number 11 trillion pops up in the article a few times.

A more inclusive global economic governance???
To prevent against any future repetition????

Smells like Federal Reserve 1913......

When will these guys realise that big band aids eventually peel off as well? Appreciate your comments amigos, peace.

nz.biz.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/12/08 by vehemes terra eternus]

[edit on 1/12/08 by vehemes terra eternus]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Where is all this money going?
BAILOUT, AFTER BAILOUT, AFTER BAILOUT........
And the banks are still not lending money?
Are they throwing it into the furnace behind the shed???

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Oh for crying out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The UN now is calling for bailouts?

Who is going to pay for the bailouts? The individual countries?

Betchya the UN ends up paying - and of course the US taxpayers foot a major part of the UN bill.

Geeeeeeze ...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Through all of this, I've been of the opinion that there are really only four options to 'fix' all of this, and it has to do with leveling the global playing field . . .

1. They can drop our standard of living down to those of the lesser and underdeveloped nations such as China, India and the like . . . that way we can work for lower wages while the corporate swillers still get their usual cut of profits.

2. They can raise the standard of living in those underdeveloped countries to meet with ours to again so they work for higher wages, buy oddles of stuff and still allows for the maintenance of a manufacturing base in the developed countries because you're not paying those in Mexico, China, India and the like a fraction of what we are paid here, all while maintaining the profit margins of the little piggies at the corporate trough.

3. They can eliminate on of the standards of living by eliminating one of those entities, thus leveling a good chunk of the globe and the playing field such that only one standard (most likely the lower) one exists so the notion of global competition is gone and the rich fatcats can still extort their usual profit margins off of stuff while selling goods to rebuild what was leveled.

4. A combination of the above.

By calling for 'massive stimulus' programs, is a step in the direction of optino 2, with they way they are administering current 'stimulus' programs seems to point at option 1. Seems with the growing number of alarm bells with respect to the fleeting sense of global peace, I'm not entirely sold that option 3 is out of the realm of possibility.

By giving people a whack of dough, in some roundabout way, it keeps them fat, dumb and happy while the wheels (or thumbscrews, however you may look at it) are turning.

So, this call for massive stimulus seems to me to point at opition 4 as their methodology.

Only question, where the hell is all of this dough coming from?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Interesting ideas there goalpost, number 4 seems does seem like a logical possibility at this stage.

"Maybe not for 2009 but in 2010 there could be a recovery (if the stimulus package goes ahead) unless markets fall further in the meantime."

Maybe, but, if, recovery, unless, meantime.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hey heres an idea, instead of have Bailout Packages!
Why doesnt the FED just give All the banks their own money press and then thay can start printing their own Money!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daniel666

Hey heres an idea, instead of have Bailout Packages!
Why doesnt the FED just give All the banks their own money press and then thay can start printing their own Money!

What . . . you don't have one yet????

I call mine the 'Paulson Print-a-lot' . . . it isn't quite as nice as the 'Bernanke Bonds-a-Plenty' which can be used to reproduce T-bills and the like to sell to the Chinese for real currency.

I've got the latter on my Christmas List!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Which isle in Waltmark can i find the 'Bernanke Bonds-a-Plenty'?
It sounds GREAT!
or can i order it over the web?
I now know what i want for X-mas!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
What is ths new 700 trillion bailout I heard about this morning?

Why is everyone going bankrupt?

How can this be possible?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The global bail out is to finance the global elites that are losing billions of dollars due to the nations loses.

But right now producing countries like Japan, China and India are having their own problems as the US that is the biggest buyer to them and the biggest consumers of their goods are falling back on that spending and holding to their pockets.

So I don't see how this nations will be able to give away their money to help keep the financial global elites coffers full.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

It becomes possible when you let a private groups control the currency and the mainstream media.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Good post marg makes all types of sense. I really hope this isn't as bad as it seems, I am an optimist but........

I read somewhere that the 3 pillars of the NWO are the

UN
IMF
WTO

Are there any more? WHO perhaps???

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
You are right, while the UN was born under the umbrella of peace keepers, their real purpose is to protect the financial interest of the global elites in the countries that UN support.

That is something that many doesn't even take into consideration.

That is why the WTO and the UN wants more power over the nations that fall under their "care".

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by vehemes terra eternus

You forgot the World Bank. IMF and World Bank have "Structural Adjustment Policies"
Maurice Strong is connected to David Rockefeller, the UN, the World Bank...

SAP The globalization of poverty   www.doublestandards.org...
Structural Adjustment Policies www.whirledbank.org...

Check out these goodies too. The word "SUSTAINABLE' means Government/corporate control of the food supply.

Guide to Good Farming Practices . www.oie.int...

Global Diversity Treaty. www.bioversityinternational.org...
EU: A list of 'official' vegetable varieties.. www.realseeds.co.uk...

98 per cent of our vegetable varieties have disappeared. www.independent.co.uk...

US GOVERNMENT acknowledges plans to implement Agenda 21 www.usda.gov...

Agenda 21, the UN blueprint for global transformation
Source: www.crossroad.to...
www.fao.org...

The World Trade Organization
WORLD TRADE REPORT 2005 C CONCLUSIONS

The overview suggests that the standards development process organized by national, regional and international standards institutions is progressively evolving. The role of international bodies has gained prominence. The national standardization infrastructures of most industrialized countries are now integrated into the network of international standardization. In Europe, for instance, adoption of European standards is mandatory for national member bodies .Source www.fil-idf.org...

“..the United States and the European Union have signed up to a new transatlantic economic partnership that will see regulatory standards “harmonized” and will lay the basis for a merging of the US and EU ... a huge step on the path to a new globalized world order.” (news.bbc.co.uk...)

The two sides agreed to set up an “economic council” to push ahead with regulatory convergence in nearly 40 areas, including intellectual property, financial services, business takeovers and the motor industry.” stopspp.com...

"CONTROL THE FOOD, CONTROL THE PEOPLE" H. Kissinger

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Actually NONE of the above is going to happen. What is going to happen is gold is going to be revalued at $10k per oz and they will monetize a good chunk of the debt. A new currency will come probably a tri currency system American, Asian, & European. The new currency will be 10 new to 1 old maybe even 12 new to 1 old. Look into FDR and 1933. This has been done before.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Thank you for the links crimvelvet, I have to go to work now but will definitely check them out after.

Controlling the world's food supply would be an effective way to control the people. It would also be a effective way to implement massive population control, scary stuff.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Hey MBU thanks for your insightful post. I will have a look at FDR and 1933 upon my return.

The Amero, the Euro and the ???????? Wonder what they would call the asian currency. I have heard the word Amero being thrown around quite a bit on MSM. Once again seems likely and logical.

Appreciate the added info amigos, off to earn my bread, peace

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I guess the UN has finally woken up and realized that the US has an open checkbook and is willing to dole out tons of BEN IS MY FRIEND to any corrupt business or institution interested, UN included.

The line for free money just keeps getting longer...All Aboard!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The UN smells MONEY & POWER... damned right they want a piece. The UN is one of the most corrupt organizations on the planet... just think about how much they can embezzle! You can bet they already have.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by infolurker]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join