It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

they are after our survival ammo stockpiles.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
start stockpiling ammo before this law goes into affect or they will know about every round you have and what type it is.
they may start limiting the types of ammo you can buy.

The Screws are tightened a little more

Remember how the Obamanation said that he wasn't going to take your guns?

Well, it seems that his minions and allies in the anti-gun world have no
problem with taking your ammo[easier & cheaper]!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana
) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data base of
all ammunition sales.

So they will know how much you buy and what calibers. Nobody can sell any
ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1,
(Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every
round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun! Don't
know how this will effect the crooks.

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama , Arizona,
California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland,
Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island,
South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington . To find more about the anti-gun
group that is sponsoring this legislation and the specific legislation for
each state, go to: ammunitionaccountability.org...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Might want to also learn how to make EM weapons and cuting lasers.

Won't they be surprised to learn that after depriving us of the means to defend ourselves from their tyranny and brutality that we still have a few tricks up our sleeves?

The information is out there. Download it while you can.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Will this apply to people who make there own ammo?
It is so easy to make your own, this coding of ammo will accomplish nothing.
www.tucsonguns.com...

XL5

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Cutting lasers that can do any real damage are CO2 lasers and even then, one that could kill would not be portable. It would be better to make an IR laser that blinds a wide area.

EM weapons don't have enough power to kill, unless its a powerful electric fence. However, once they know an area has one set up, they will cut the power and rush you.

Most people don't have the time or brains to make things like that. People would be better off with oil/gas and sling-shots made with 1/2" surgical tubing.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I dont get it.

Why should you have to protect your selves from your own elected government. It seams like you dont trust them but you still elect them. That's very odd. Why elect a government that is digging your grave.

Instead of buying guns and stalking up shouldn't you rather be doing something else like.

1.Taking actions against your corrupted media.

2.Taking actions against your education system which grooms you into what you have become.

3. Take control of you country dont let it run you. Your spouse to run it not fight it.

If your going to survive you will have to do something about all this in the end anyways. If not your going to spend a hell of a long time in your cave.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by XL5

As long as you don't put all your eggs in one basket, you'll have a better chance of survival. That's the point I was trying to make.

Also, an EM pulse is capable of knocking out the engines so any "rushing you" would then have to be done on foot. I like those odds a lot better than facing a tank.

Since most people plan on being stationary and "stocking up" to wait out the sit x, having something large and not portable isn't really that much of an issue.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Ahh! That is about "ammo". Does Obama say anything about crossbows-and-bows'arrow?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
We don't have the luxury of off-the-shelf firearm ownership in the UK. However I wonder if it would make more sense to go down the route of stocking up on cans of black-powder and casting your own shot like the musket-armed trappers of olde.

At least then you have the added advantage of either using a small amount of powder to make a bullet go *bang* and put food on the table, or use a large amount for other purposes to make a far heavier target go *ka-boom*

[edit on 1-12-2008 by citizen smith]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentOrangeJuice
www.tucsonguns.com...

How could anybody make their own ammo? Then it that is true, people also could make their own guns.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest

Originally posted by AgentOrangeJuice
www.tucsonguns.com...

How could anybody make their own ammo? Then it that is true, people also could make their own guns.

You have to be kidding me right?
Did you not look at the link I posted?
Many people make there own ammo.
And there own Guns.

www.ferret50.com...
This for example, the guy started making these in his workshop at home.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentOrangeJuice

Sorry. I live in Australia, and we can not like carry guns around like a carton of beer.

XL5

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
EM won't take out tanks, maybe some sensors that are outside the tank, but they don't really need those sensors to be deadly. There are military transistors and ICs that are hardend for things like that too. Jamming communications is more effective, multiple tarnsmitters in random spots. In a situation like that, its better that there is a common well seen target like a tank, rather then being surrounded by an unseen enemy.

A large CO2 laser that plugs into 118VAC (15A fuse) can make about 400Watts and WHEN the target moves, the heat will not have a chance to kill. Sure it may hurt and cut some skin but will not kill. Now if they had slow moving zombie soldiers who feel no pain, it would be different.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If you are just now getting wind that Obama may/will try to ban certain or all types of ammo, you are a bit behind the curve here. Ive been buying ammo like crazy since he was the Dem nominee. Either taxes on ammo go through the roof, or they require ammo technology that doesnt exist.

Yes, you can make your own ammo and even guns. Ammo isnt all that hard, guns a bit more. But if its illegal how many people are really going to go forward with it? Building lasers and such? Good luck with that. If you werent willing to work to keep the gun grabbers out of office, I seriously doubt that you will be willing to build laser cannons and the like.

If you want to do something, join the Pro-Gun lobby out there. Start running for office, demand that our Constitution be upheld. Blogging on ATS while fun and informative, really isnt going to keep the gun haters from trying to disarm us.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I guess I'll have to find more friends to purchase the ammo for me then.

I wonder if they have already been tracking it? It was stated on Freedom to Facism that they were encoding food products secretly, I wonder if they haven't already been doing the same to ammo. Hmmm...

Also, as a side question, is it better to join a group like the NRA or to stay off their lists? I am a bit paranoid and think they might be able to use lists like the NRA to find people they would call fanatical when the SHTF. Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
How is this going to be at all effective? As stated in earlier posts, people just make their own ammo. People will just have others purchase the ammo. People will just say their ammo was stolen. Just another case of stupid anti gun legislation. As usual the criminals will skirt the law and the law abiding won't. It's not going to solve a thing.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
No Mr. Government Agent Sir... I don't have the eighty-thousand rounds of ammo you think I do.... They were stolen last Wednesday along with my Pez dispenser...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up
Also, as a side question, is it better to join a group like the NRA or to stay off their lists? I am a bit paranoid and think they might be able to use lists like the NRA to find people they would call fanatical when the SHTF. Any thoughts?

I had that same personal debate before I joined NRA, JBS, even ATS.

Sure they could use those lists to round people up, but I think "they" probably know who we are anyways.

IMO its better to join a large organization now to have your voice heard and try to prevent any laws or taxes that infringe on our rights instead of conceeding defeat and planning only for the worst.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

uhhhh... sorry to burst your bubble, but in mississippi, you've had to sign for certain types of ammo for a while now, and when you buy at certain places there is a limit on how much you can buy in a given time period.

and as far as stockpiling, it's a little pointless being as the most widely bought ammo has an additive that pretty much useless, after 3 years i believe, maybe 5, can't remember exactly.

[edit on 12/1/2008 by thejink]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
"and as far as stockpiling, it's a little pointless being as the most widely bought ammo has an additive that pretty much useless, after 3 years i believe, maybe 5, can't remember exactly."

That's total BUNK! Stop spreading lies in hopes of getting people to not buy and stockpile ammo. Useless in 5 years...LOL! You either don't own guns, or are unaware of what surplus ammo is, some older than 100 years old.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
There is a very easy way to render any such plans worthless. All gun owners should exchange ammo with each other. Hell, make it a new gun show/range tradition. Every time gun owners meet up they hand out and take a bit of ammo from everybody else. The gun grabbers would have to abandon this useless plan of theirs.

<<   2 >>

join