It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far does it go: thoughts manipulating surroundings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
My dad and i were driving the other night and somehow we started dicussing the subject of UFOs and he began to rattle off some weird things that had happened to him over the years.
He mentioned that for the last year and a half now he's been blowing street lights simply by being near them.
I can't account for any of these occurrences as i have never personally witnessed one myself. Nor am i trying to prove that this is actually happening.

The first thoughts that came to mind were to the affect of, "Well.. it could be anything that's making that happen..". Although, i think "paranormal" experiences such as these count very much on your conscious presence at the time that it happens - you have to take everything into account and relaying the story back to somebody through words just isn't the same thing, IMHO..

So i asked him what he thought was causing it and he said it was to do with UFO activity, but i'm not that easily swayed. I'm a "believer" per se but i'm open to _any_ explanation. The straight and narrow or left field - i just want peoples opinions.

What i want to know is, in any case, HOW would somebody be able to do this with their thoughts?? What would cause someone to do this repeatedly?? How much do our thoughts manipulate our physical surroundings??
I'd like some feedback on what's possibly happening to my dad and also how our thoughts may affect the tangible universe... I'm aware that it could just be the street lights, as i'm not sure if this happens with all electrical gear or every single time.
When i asked my dad what he was thinking about when these events played out and he said he was going over next year and where he would be with his new job.. happy thoughts.

Also, dunno if this is relevant (probably is) but his brother had apparently been through the same thing, according to my pop (his father).

If you need to know anything else just ask, i'm not sure how much you need to know.

Also my first thread so keep all flaming to a bare minimum. I'm just after opinions, thoughts or any knowledge about this whatsoever.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
What you are describing is not all that unusual. Try a google search of "sliding" or "street light interference".

You might also find this a very interesting search "the power of intention on water".

I hope this helps, and I believe a search rather than provided links will be benificial.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
well,there has been alot of research into how much our thoughts and intention can effect something outside the body. And it's got some good results. It's also been proven that the meer act of observing particles,changes the way the behave. (google the observer effect) There's been alot of talk about us entering into a part of space that has a higher energy,which could account for all these people coming forward saying they can do stuff like blow street lamps. But,that's heresay,and heresay of the quite wild kind. (just the kind we likes round here)

Any chance you could get a little youtube video up of your dad blowing street lights by being near them?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

hey thanks! i didn't even know this existed (obviously)

sounds very plausible

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
As for "how" we can manipulate things with our thoughts,it's only just really being understood by quantum science. Things are not as they seem in our kushy little world,matter,as we once knew it in newtonian science,has changed. It's hard for me to put it into words,as I don't fully understand it,basicly,things are only probably where they are,we are all connected to everything and everyone on a subatomic level,and quantum science is getting freakay.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

heh i really don't think he can just do it on demand.. not to sound all hoax-ish or anything but it seems to happen when he's not thinking about it..
those were his words anyway.

and yer i have read a liiiittle about quantum mechanics, including a bit about this holographic universe theory.. i'm very interested in it. Just wanted to know a little more about what other peoples thought about it!

thanks for replying!

[edit on 1/12/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pretty_vacant

heh i really don't think he can just do it on demand.. not to sound all hoax-ish or anything but it seems to happen when he's not thinking about it..
those were his words anyway.

thanks for replying!
I reckon he'll be able to get better at it,if he tries. get him to read some books like The Holographic Universe by Micheal Talbot,and Punk Science by Dr Manjir Samanta-Laughton.
Both of these books delve into the realms of the possibilitiy that we can interact with matter. And they're based in science.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

The Holograhic Universe by Michael Talbot

Ha i have this book!
I'll get him to read it
thanks

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Please let this information be posted as anonymous.

I have a good friend who dabbled with scientology during a period of curiousity with UFOs. He too claimed to be able to shut off streetlights and it having to do with UFO activity. Myself and several other people have at various times witnessed him doing this... The lights in a lamp-post would just blink off when we drove past... Has never happened before or since with anyone else but I have experienced this twice with the person in question.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
i do wonder..
why does this have anything to do with UFO activity??
what's the whole theory behind it?? The connection with aliens and interference with street lights etc.

[edit on 2/12/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Everything is connected (particles), so manipulating something does seem

possible. I suppose it would just take strong focus... like spoon bending in the

MAtrix??

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing

Actually, the spoon-bending in the matrix is quite the opposite as you describe: Neo doesn't focus on the spoon to let it bend. He focusses on bending himself in his acknowledgement of the fact that 'there is no spoon'.

The latter relates more to the earlier mentioned phenomenon as it seems to appear when subjects *aren't* consciously focussed on the interference of street lights.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thymos

Actually, the spoon-bending in the matrix is quite the opposite as you describe: Neo doesn't focus on the spoon to let it bend. He focusses on bending himself in his acknowledgement of the fact that 'there is no spoon'.

The latter relates more to the earlier mentioned phenomenon as it seems to appear when subjects *aren't* consciously focussed on the interference of street lights.

Agreed

So that would explain that if we are all one with everything (particles)...

bending ourselves would in fact mean that we are bending our

environment??

So we need to "swich off" ourselves in order to switch off the street lamps??

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I don't buy it, it's possible he believes he can do this but I believe that would be a self delusion, I saw a show once of a guy that claimed the very same thing, he said with his mind he could turn street lights off, well they proved the guy had no powers, the lights go off easily with a glint of light being reflected at their sensor, this can work with flashlights or reflections from the very same street light.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing
Everything is connected (particles), so manipulating something does seem

possible. I suppose it would just take strong focus... like spoon bending in the

MAtrix??

Seen the Matrix, but don't recall the scene..
But, yes, it's like Thymos mentioned, the street light interference seemed to occur when one wasn't 'focusing'.
Then again, it's possible that with increased practice and focus, one can 'hone in' on the skill..

Interesting!
I hadn't considered it that way!

Many have witnessed public streetlights that mysteriously go dark as someone passes below. While some may say this is due to mere chance, evidence suggests that an unknown electromagnetic phenomenon imbues a few individuals with the “ability” to influence electrical devices. Over the years, as these individuals have begun to share their experiences, this phenomenon has come to be known as Street Light Interference (SLI).

www.theepochtimes.com...

Any theories as to why some people have this innate 'ability', while others do not??
Is it anything similar to dowsing and divining techniques in which the same is said to occur - some people are just better at it than others??

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Agreed

So that would explain that if we are all one with everything (particles)...

bending ourselves would in fact mean that we are bending our

environment??

I don't know halfman.
But since we're using the Matrix as analogy here: the Matrix itself is a program, is information. When the protagonists are inside the Matrix they are able to consciously manipulate the information. When they die in the Matrix, they die in reality.

In their 'reality' however, there isn't any power to manipulate any particle. Therefore the world needs Neo to conquer this veil, this opium for the masses that is the Matrix.

I think, when considering that energy can flow in different forms (electrical, digital, mental, physical, magnetic, gravitational), energy-waves, so to say, are able to influence each other. Like the moon influences tides, and the sun the presence/absence of light and warmth.

So it *may* be possible that the 'cause' of streetlight interference is someone who feels 'highly charged'. Since the inverse is also possible: I can get terrible headaches from high frequency noise that is spread by a monitor/television or microwave, for example. Or: too bright a lightbulb hurts my eyes.

So yes, I guess when thinking in terms of 'Oneness' (as energy) all is interrelated.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Interesting!
I hadn't considered it that way!
--- end quote halfman

The 'switching off' is interesting indeed. I had *all* my 'spiritual' experiences when i was or very introvertly contemplating, or having no thought whatsoever, hence: without the 'observing eye' (quantum physics). Perhaps an unconscious energy is released, or you're more open to perceive 'random patterns'.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Thymos]
i'm a new user here and still learning to quote properly... editing the post doesn't seem to help

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
I don't buy it, it's possible he believes he can do this but I believe that would be a self delusion, I saw a show once of a guy that claimed the very same thing, he said with his mind he could turn street lights off, well they proved the guy had no powers, the lights go off easily with a glint of light being reflected at their sensor, this can work with flashlights or reflections from the very same street light.

It could all very well be self-delusional. Hell, he could be making it happen if you want to go into theories of a Holographic Universe and such..
But, with all due respect, and I'm not being biased, my dad has told me my entire life to take things with a 'grain of salt'. He is not one to become all hooked on some 'little occurrence'.
I have read about what you are writing - one explanation of sliding is that the car lights reflect on the lamp's sensor, leading it to think it's daylight, which actually sounds perfectly sound and plausible to me. However, I'd like to research more about repeated experiences with particular people.
The former explanation may have suited your guy's experience to a T, however I'm wondering if it could act as a blanket application to all sliding occurrences. I haven't researched enough to offer a complete, informed opinion, but it does seem curious..

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

The 'switching off' is interesting indeed. I had *all* my 'spiritual' experiences when i was or very introvertly contemplating, or having no thought whatsoever, hence: without the 'observing eye' (quantum physics). Perhaps an unconscious energy is released, or you're more open to perceive 'random patterns'.

I like where this thread is going!
I must admit, I have had similar experiences. 'Realisations' when I was the least bit 'aware'... Regarding your last sentence, it's a wonder you know, because I think similarly of dreams. We seem to be more susceptible to 'knowledge' when we are amidst our subconscious - many people have dreamt of future events in their dreams and I personally believe it is a very potent 'place' for creation..

i'm a new user here and still learning to quote properly... editing the post doesn't seem to help

Understood
Takes a bit of getting used to. I'm sure there are a few tutorials you can get ahold of somewhere on here if you were really having trouble

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I think, when considering that energy can flow in different forms (electrical, digital, mental, physical, magnetic, gravitational), energy-waves, so to say, are able to influence each other. Like the moon influences tides, and the sun the presence/absence of light and warmth.

So it *may* be possible that the 'cause' of streetlight interference is someone who feels 'highly charged'. Since the inverse is also possible: I can get terrible headaches from high frequency noise that is spread by a monitor/television or microwave, for example. Or: too bright a lightbulb hurts my eyes.

So yes, I guess when thinking in terms of 'Oneness' (as energy) all is interrelated.

That makes a lot of sense...

I believe we have some sort of intelligent energy in us, if we can figure out

how to use this Intelligent energy we might be able to do these supernatural

things like manipulate our environment.

Thats very interesting... maybe we are all trying to hard and thinking to

much when we should actually be thinking less and letting our energy flow??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join