It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting description of masonic function from Manly P. Hall

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by italkyoulisten
we can't just dismiss this. The fact is, many people in high places are Masons. They could easily be conspiring. All they have to do is not spread the word.
If there really are so many Masons in high places, you shouldn't have any problem naming 5, should you? Preferably not the 5 listed in this thread on the subject. After all, you're implying that there are lots of them, so you have to find your own 5... CURRENTLY in a position of "power" and demonstrably a Mason. I await your reply.

[edit on 12/3/2008 by JoshNorton]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Although this may be an outdated thread, I do feel compelled to comment.

The institution of Free Masonry has been grossly misunderstood for many years by the ‘uninitiated’. There are of course, many who have been initiated into Free Masonry who do not fully comprehend its meaning, purpose, and mission. With its Degrees and Symbology based upon the ‘Building of the Temple(s)’ and the usages of the ‘Tools of the Trade’, a Man is taught to better himself in his actions, and interactions with his fellow Man (and Woman) in all aspects of his life. In doing so he is in fact in the process of building his own spiritual ‘Temple’ within himself, the 'Sanctum Sanctorum', if you will. It is this process that eventually may lead him to a greater spiritual understanding, a deeper relationship with his fellow Man, the World around him, the Universe in general, and of ‘God’ (however one spells it).

Any Mason who claims to be of ‘Higher’ standing is nothing more than a Man on an ‘ego trip’, and should be considered among the ‘Lower’ of his brethren. Any promise of ‘privilege’ or 'power' is an arrogant statement by an uninformed and deluded, so called ‘Mason’. Yet, I have no doubt that this occurs. One attribute of a ‘real’ Mason is that of humility in his Craft. Likewise, no Mason may recruit you for membership, this is in fact forbidden, thus the Masonic phrase: “2B1Ask1”. There certainly are a few Masons who hold many ‘Higher’ degrees, and yet have little understanding of what I speak of herein, and there are just as surely some newly made Master Masons (3rd) with a deeper understanding of which I speak than I can possibly impart to you here … They (we) are all just Men, Men who try our best to become better Men, and share our ‘work’ with others like ourselves. If you have ever hired a contractor: a plumber, electrician, or a carpenter, you know that there are some who are excellent, some who are ‘ok’, and some that you would not want to set foot on your property … Masons are no different, they are each individuals, and as diverse in their qualities as Men of any other ‘Trade’, ‘Craft’, or group in which they can be ‘lumped’.

I do not write this to enter into a debate with anyone, but simply to offer some ‘Masonic Light’ into this discussion. Surely, some of you may say that I am just not ‘High’ enough to know the real truth, you are entitled your opinion. I say to you: while I do hold many Masonic degrees, am affiliated with several Masonic bodies, and participate regularly in the same … This does not qualify me above any other to write this today, nor does it make me any ‘Higher’ ranking, or better than anyone anywhere, Mason or Non-Mason … I simply offer to you my understanding, and my opinion of this matter. Take it as you will ...

May the Light that shines neither upon land nor sea guide you and keep you, always.

Andrew
322~202~VOP/NMJ

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Masons are like Christians which should come to no surprise since the religion was started by freemasons. Talking to a so called common puppet mason is like talking to a Christian about who started their religion, they really have no ideal what the hell they are involved in. They will argue the stupidest things to back up that they know what they are talking about when anybody with half a brain can look at some of the controlling factors of people and easily research what is behind them.

You can see their symbols with your own eyes secretly hidden in our money and guess what, it secretly is not our money. You would have to have taken the little bus to school to not be able to start to realize we are nothing but slaves to a group of people that have been behind the scenes of our thoughts for hundreds to thousands of years.

If you are a mason or a christian on here tell me how much money they are paying you out of their cut, oh yeah thats right, if you had a clue what was going on, you wouldnt be wasting your time on this site, and you damn sure wouldnt be given them your money, you would want your share.

Because the controlling factors clash with the peoples brainwashed minds, you can hardly get anything through their heads. They think that a lie is something new, they think if someone told it to their parents, it had to be true. Wake the hell up!!!

[edit on 4-12-2008 by seek4 truth]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seek4 truth
Masons are like Christians which should come to no surprise since the religion was started by freemasons.

Are you implying that Jesus Christ was a Mason? If so, this goes so far beyond the usual, "All the United States Presidents were Masons!!!", I applaud your boldness.

Talking to a so called common puppet mason is like talking to a Christian about who started their religion, they really have no ideal what the hell they are involved in.

Masonry owes its creation to the Medieval Stone Mason Guilds and to the later day free-thinkers who wished to emulate their perceived esoteric symbolism.

Christianity is an offshoot of Judaism (to oversymplify). This 'puppet' knows history.....

You can see their symbols with your own eyes secretly hidden in our money and guess what, it secretly is not our money.

If they are so 'secretly hidden' how did you spot them? You must be illuminated or something.....

You would have to have taken the little bus to school to not be able to start to realize we are nothing but slaves to a group of people that have been behind the scenes of our thoughts for hundreds to thousands of years.

I see you have discovered the secret after all. Early homininds were actually controled by Masons. "Brother Senior Warden, how many Cro-Magnons compose such a lodge......"

If you are a mason or a christian on here tell me how much money they are paying you out of their cut, oh yeah thats right, if you had a clue what was going on, you wouldnt be wasting your time on this site, and you damn sure wouldnt be given them your money, you would want your share.

My latest Wolrd Domination royalty check makes the (Mason) planned General Motors bailout look like bus fare.

Because the controlling factors clash with the peoples brainwashed minds, you can hardly get anything through their heads. They think that a lie is something new, they think if someone told it to their parents, it had to be true. Wake the hell up!!!

*hits snooze button*

[edit on 5-12-2008 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Augustus, as usual you are able to say in so little words what would have taken me a essay to do - must be a characteristic of the prestigious high level mason crowd!

By the way, love your Christmas avatar. I suppose masons invented Christmas...silly me, thought it was always a pagan winter solstice festival that the Catholic church "appropriated"...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason

Augustus, as usual you are able to say in so little words what would have taken me a essay to do - must be a characteristic of the prestigious high level mason crowd!

When we detect that you are ready to be elevated to our level the document containing the initiation fee will be over-nighted to your location.

By the way, love your Christmas avatar. I suppose masons invented Christmas...silly me, thought it was always a pagan winter solstice festival that the Catholic church "appropriated"...

The lovely and talented AshelyD made it at my request. I love the Christmas-Lighted Colosseum and the candy cane kills me......

[edit on 5-12-2008 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

we can't just dismiss this. The fact is, many people in high places are Masons. They could easily be conspiring. All they have to do is not spread the word.
If there really are so many Masons in high places, you shouldn't have any problem naming 5, should you? Preferably not the 5 listed in this thread on the subject. After all, you're implying that there are lots of them, so you have to find your own 5... CURRENTLY in a position of "power" and demonstrably a Mason. I await your reply.

[edit on 12/3/2008 by JoshNorton]

Don't mean to be pulling up a wiki page but here is a list of famous masons, and a list of political masons as well:

en.wikipedia.org...
politicalgraveyard.com...

you will find quite a list of powerful people including presidents and politicians. Interestingly, none of these people are current. Are we to believe that suddenly there are almost no masons in power at all now, or just that those currently in power are just not so publicized?

It's obvious that the freemasons have had massive amounts of power and influence in various subjects, including politics in the past. So uh, why would they not continue this legacy? I can also bet that when these guys were alive and in political positions, few knew about them being freemasons.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Also, isn't it likely that brotherhood and charity is a FRONT so that the people in the "inner circle" can further their agenda? Isn't this how a lot of things work (i.e. catholicism, the gov't, scientology, etc)? Except the difference is that in Freemasonry, the "inner circle" is not marked.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Don't mean to be pulling up a wiki page but here is a list of famous masons, and a list of political masons as well:

en.wikipedia.org...
politicalgraveyard.com...

you will find quite a list of powerful people including presidents and politicians. Interestingly, none of these people are current. Are we to believe that suddenly there are almost no masons in power at all now, or just that those currently in power are just not so publicized?
Emphasis added. I asked you for a list of people currently in power and all you handed me, by your own admission, is a list that only has historical significance. Shame on you. Could it be, perhaps, because there are fewer Masons today than there were 40 years ago? 60 years ago? The height of Masonry's popularity was immediately following WWII. The generation growing up during the Vietnam era were not joiners. And they're the ones currently sitting in office. They're the CEOs of the big companies.

Every month at my Scottish Rite meeting our secretary reads a list of 20-30 men from our lodge who have died since last month's meeting. 20-30 every month, just from our lodge. That goes to show you the majority age of our membership. If these men held any power, it was a long time ago. Most are retired and dying off. To balance that, we'll be lucky if 80 young men join our lodge this YEAR.

[edit on 12/9/2008 by JoshNorton]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Also, isn't it likely that brotherhood and charity is a FRONT so that the people in the "inner circle" can further their agenda? Isn't this how a lot of things work (i.e. catholicism, the gov't, scientology, etc)? Except the difference is that in Freemasonry, the "inner circle" is not marked.

What would be the point? What is the point of using a benevolent group when there is nothing for them to cover up? How exactly can freemasonry be used to cover up ANYTHING? And how does a inner circle exist when the concepts of inner circles is diametrically opposed to the virtues the fraternity teaches?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

Isn't freemasonry, a secret society, by nature an Inner Circle of sorts? Whats to say that there isn't an inner circle within? Plus, it is the way of the Mysteries that the initiates do not get full knowledge and are misled until they are deemed qualified for its true teachings.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten

No, its not. There is no secret society I'm aware of where its member outwardly announce their affiliation through jewelry, pins, buttons, etc. Nor one where they put signs out in front of their buildings announcing that they meet there and the times that the meet. Nor one where the rituals of the organization have been exposed almost since its founding.

The entire point of freemasonry is brotherhood - that all its members are equal. That doesn't work when you have a secret inner cabal that no one knows about.

And yet again I must ask, exactly what is the point of a mystical inner circle in freemasonry? Are they going to deviously have a fish fry? Satanically participate in the child ID program? What, exactly, is such a circle going to do?

Also, this is not a mystery religion, so it won't operate like one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join