It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your God is everything you want him to be. What would yours be like?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I've been reading thread after thread about God/Allah/Yeshua/etc. from many religious perspectives.
I've come to the conclusion that God is anything and everything you want him to be.

The point is that every single religion, or every single person can believe anything they want to. They can make their God fit the mold of what they want God to be. People pick and chose sentences and quotes out of religious books to fit their agenda. Everyone is wrong, and everyone is right.

Your God does not have to be the biblical God. Your God can be anything and everything you want him to be.

If you could make your God, can you describe what he'd be like?

My God would be the Supreme Creator of the Universe.
He would exude love to everyone.
He would make sure no one ever went hungry.
He would make sure no wars in the name of religion ever happened.
He would not be a vengeful or jealous God.
He would encourage peacefulness and a unity among everyone.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm curious to know how other people would
make their God.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Lol starred for your name.....classic movies......

Ummm

My God would be myself and have the ability to manifest any thought I deem and control everything in which I percieve to be my reality including you.

In saying that, everyone also would be their own Gods and control what they percieve to be their reality including me.

Also how enjoyable would it be to control everything, and also being controlled.

I'm starting to like chaos in certain aspects of it.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by GodshipForAll]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Mine would be totally inexistant.

Although I don't believe this would stop religion wars and hate, or other sorts of stupid behaviours, I don't believe that having only one would make everyone agree on it/him/her.

I strongly prefer to be an atheist, but admit the possibility that one day I could face another truth, than being lead into ignorance by accepting blindly a religion, whichever one. We see everyday on earth what this thinking brings, and it is not a pleasant view.

People can have good morale values and good behaviours without a religion, whatever some "illuminated zealots" (please read the irony) can tell the world. There are other ways than "god's ways", and they're not all bad.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold
Your God is everything you want him to be. What would yours be like?

Handsome.

Likes scrapbooking.

Can put up shelves.

Not afraid of commitment.

Good listener.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

lol thats funny, very clever.

ya lol what if I want a Goddess instead?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'd say I'd have to pattern after the Egyptian beliefs... Worked for them. Plus, the more Gods, the more you'd have to celebrate... MORE PARTYING with paid holiddays from work!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodshipForAll
reply to post by Merriman Weir

lol thats funny, very clever.

ya lol what if I want a Goddess instead?

Make your own wish list, but just ensure that it doesn't violate Terms and Conditions or it might get removed and your Goddess will never come into being.

Maybe these posts are like some kind of sigil-working or cosmic ordering?

top topics

join