It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama develops facial tic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Re-posted. Please post your comments.

The strain of the long campaign and a frenetic transition period is beginning to wear on the face of President-elect Barack Obama, who has developed a facial tic under his right eye.

The tic on the lower part of his right orbital bone is clearly visible in his recent interview with ABC's Barbara Walters. Campaign insiders say it first emerged during the primary season and has now become chronic.

A facial tic is a repetitive, spasmodic movement often involving the eyes and facial muscles. The cause of tics is unknown, but stress appears to increase their severity.

"The patients I've treated with tic disorders had one thing in common: They knew that the tics worsened when they were under stress," said Dr. Robert T. London, a psychiatrist with the New York University Medical Center.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Wow, that is something that also comes with age also, I have one that started about 2 or 3 years ago, never ever had it happen before then and it involves my eyelid it has a life of its own sometimes and spasms, the two things are as mentioned when it becomes most annoying are stress and the most infamous, lack of sleep, it is sort of embarrasing when it happens too so I wish him luck on getting it under control.

He actually stutters a lot too though, but who cares, he is human!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
My father has a facial tick.
It got worse with age and definately worse with stress.
He never tried to get medical help for it.
I can only imagine what the stress of being POTUS could do to it.
I hope he seeks advice from the medical folks before it gets really bad.
I'm sure he will.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
If Obama only has a facial tic now, I wonder what a full body tic will look like when he actually takes office. Perhaps his camp could reduce the stress a bit by removing the "Office of the President-Elect " seal from Obama's podium.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
He needs to order Instant Kava Kava, stay at home for two days, and endulge with a mug a day. He will definatly get rid of those nervous ticks.
Contrary to beleif, this will not do any damage to the liver studies show.

I recommend the appropriately named CHIEF KAVA KAVA from Tahiti. You put a teaspoon in a cup of hot chocolate and sip.

Its totally natural, something nature gave to us. Thank goodness for nature.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian
He actually stutters a lot too though, but who cares, he is human!

He "stutters" because he's not reading from the tele-prompter!!

A facial tic is just a "hiccup" in the facial muscles. Yep, stress causes them. Good luck over the next four years!

top topics

join