It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes a good Prophesy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Religions have many prophesies, as do mystics. Considering that they are all a complete pile of garbage which some head cases will seek to fulfill, what noticable attributes does a 'good' prophesy have?

'Yeah, and there was much wailing and knashing of teeth' in a time past may have been a sure fire winner in helping underline the importance of a particular prophesy but is much more passe now.

'And blood did flow' Now that kind of prophesy is immortal, it's our desire to make ourselves better people by killing the 'bad'

The diviner having seen spirits, or maybe even a few gods does always help.

'Doom' is a big seller, I don't know why, but people just love it.

Point is, what makes a good 'Prophesy?' What really makes one rock? And people try to fulfill it?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
You might look into remote viewing as an example. Supposedly, there's been some prophecy fulfilled in the past, but since it's before our time, it can't be proved as an actual prophecy. Detailed future events known to many could be altered as well as if to prove the prophet a liar.

The government might actually know classified cases of exact psychic information such as with an advanced form of remote viewing. But then they would be thought of as purposely taking advantage of this knowledge for gain also.

What is it that the mayans figured out that we didn't in 2012? Does it really matter to you? Just wondering. I'm going to wait and see what happens because I have little choice to do otherwise. I might stock up on a few things anyway, just for the heck of it.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Nah, I was wondering about a Prophesy that is likely to get followed, because there's no way we can figure out which is true, yes because we don't listen to them often before the event, so they can argue when they predict after the event that it was your fault for not being aware of it before.

I suppose a 'Prophesy' needs a level of charisma. I'm not afraid of 2012, but I think if we don't settle on other planets an asteroid will definitely hit us at some point. No point even stocking up then......

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

There does seem to be a large following about 2012 anyway. Some of which appears to be because it's a cyclical event that only happens every 26,000 years? I wonder if the governments are prepared for something related to it such as with asteroids etc. There's mention of deep underground bunkers and stockpiles of seeds also.

As I said, look into remote viewing just for the heck of it. It does seem to have some amount of prophecy content.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
accuracy, and detail

alot of diviners add riddles or wierd talk to hide the fact that they dont know

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What makes a good Prophecy one that was written years and thousands of year ago, and then after have come to pass.

new topics

top topics

join