It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support Nadler Resolution on Bush Pardons. Don't allow bush to pardon his senior members of war cri

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY) has recently introduced a resolution to stop President Bush from abusing the Pardon system by pardoning his senior members, and himself, from war crimes that may have been committed of which the President authorized.

I encourage each of you to write your Representatives asking them to co-sponsor this movement. You can do so at the following:

Write your representative asking them to co-sponsor this movement!

The following is the body of this letter you will be sending to your Rep.

Dear Representative,

I urge you to co-sponsor Rep. Jerrold Nadler's H.Res. 1531 urging President Bush not to pardon senior members of his administration for crimes authorized by the President - and to investigate those crimes both in the House and the Justice Department, and prosecute if warranted.

(1) it is the sense of the House of Representatives that the granting of preemptive pardons by the President to senior officials of his administration for acts they may have taken in the course of their official duties is a dangerous abuse of the pardon power;

(2) it is the sense of the House of Representatives that the President should not grant preemptive pardons to senior officials in his administration for acts they may have taken in the course of their official duties;

(3) it is the sense of the House of Representatives that James Madison was correct in his observation that "if the President be connected, in any suspicious manner, with any person, and there be grounds [to] believe he will shelter him, the House of Representatives can impeach him; they can remove him if found guilty";

(4) it is the sense of the House of Representatives that a special investigative commission, or a Select Committee be tasked with investigating possible illegal activities by senior officials of the administration of President George W. Bush, including, if necessary, any abuse of the President's pardon power; and

(5) the next Attorney General of the United States appoint an independent counsel to investigate, and, where appropriate, prosecute illegal acts by senior officials of the administration of President George W. Bush.

Sincerely,

The full resolution can be found HERE .

I beg you to not let Bush get away with making the Constitution of the United States his personal toilet paper. Something must be done, and with your help, something can indeed be done. The world must know that the people of the United States will not just simply sit idly by as our great nation is perverted by the very officials we elected to maintain it.

Thanks,
x

[edit on 30-11-2008 by xmaddness]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Good luck, but since he made Tony Blair 'Middle East Peace Envoy' I get the feeling he does what the hell he wants.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

This is the very reason that nothing has been done. People have received this "President Bush is untouchable" agenda somehow, even though many members of congress and the house have stood up against it.

Perhaps you are right, and the US is now just full of lazy people who just don't care. If that is the case, then it is already over for the US.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
And why should the president listen to congress when the constitution gives him the power of pardons which the supremes have supported? If he gave in to congress it would set a bad precident on the full powers of the president.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Velvet Death

The entire system of government of the US is based on "Checks and balances" which is exactly WHY the congress and house even exist. If it were simply up to the power of the president, he is no longer a president. He is a dictator.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

You are sad.

You want Bush in chains...or dead froma a firing squad.

So now you want the U.S to be no different from Venezuela. Chavez has the previous leader exiled/dead?

you need a hobby besides venting here.

Let's imprison Bush!!!!

Chains!

Trial by jury!!

He needs punished for WAR CRIMES!!!!!

ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

In that way of thinking, we should just open all of the prisons of the entire world. We should also get rid of all police as well, because there would be no point of prosecuting anyone. Court systems? Nope don't need them under your way of law.

Furthur more, I am not simply here to "vent", and I am certainly not "sad". When people turn to such petty direct attacks it tells me much about their personality. Perhaps the same could be said of you. You are sad. You should get a hobby besides just yelling at people on ATS.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by xmaddness]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I signed it and posted the link on my blog.

join