It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you ever ride a train?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Ride the train often here in london, ground and underground. Because of a lot of traffic on the roads, trains are the fastest way to travel around London.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sirbikesalot06

Yeah man, I love trains also. When I took a train ride across Canada, I saw absolutely amazing scenery. You just can't beat the sights and sounds of a cross country train ride, you just can't.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I've taken MetroNorth and Amtrak a thousand times. Amtrak on CSX tracks was the worst, though.
My parents have been on some sweet trains in Europe, but I've never been.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm from New York so yeah, most of the trains aren't so great here.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
reply to post by sirbikesalot06

Yeah man, I love trains also. When I took a train ride across Canada, I saw absolutely amazing scenery. You just can't beat the sights and sounds of a cross country train ride, you just can't.

Man I know what your saying dude. I took the Canadian from Vancouver to Toronto and the snow, scenery was awesome.

Here in TX, if you ever ride the TX Eagle, you see alot of peoples back yards as well as some grave yards.

I also hear tell that you can also see Former President Bush's Back yard as well as the train does go thru downtown Crawford, but doesn't make a stop there. Should I be like this guy
for that fact. LOL

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Another argument in favor of train travel, at least slower-speed train travel, are the teachings of Anthroposophy (Rudolph Steiner et. al.): They claimed that 40 miles an hour is the speed at which the astral or energetic body begins to separate from the physical body.

With many of us spending a lot of time in automobiles, that's something to think about. Much of the train travel I have experienced was at or below 40 mph.

Of course, jet airplane travel is 10 times faster... maybe that has something to do with how tired I get after air travel, but not after train travel.

[edit on 9/8/2009 by Uphill]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
I'm from New York so yeah, most of the trains aren't so great here.

I'm curious, because where I live, all I have is Amtrak. But do you live in New York City or with in the commuter routes of New York City? I'm just curious about your statement, thats all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join