It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops force U.S. soldiers to lick 'urine' off ground

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Cops force U.S. soldiers to lick 'urine' off ground

www.worldnetdaily.com

Officers Wayne W. Thomas, 19, and Collin H. Jacobson, 20, instructed the two-time war veterans to lick the ground and scrape up mud and lick it to prove the substance was not urine – or they would receive citations.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Just incredible....I hope this news goes viral and gets national attention. Some of these rogue cops think wearing a badge grants them immortality in the law without providing any dignity to society. Not to mention how inept in judgement the police department in Wisconsin is to grant 2 police officers badges at ages 19 and 20.

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-11-2008 by solarstorm]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Officer Jacobson then told a third officer, Scott Albrecht, "I can't stop laughing. Wayne just made those two guys lick their own p-ss off the ground."

What is the penalty for urinating in public huh? Seriously...would YOU OP lick up urine to avoid a citation? To avoid paying a fine? And if they DID force you to lick up urine, was it by chance? Like every shrub in the area was urine soaked or maybe the cops peed on it themselves to frame ya?

Sounds like some drunk soldiers got in a pi...errrm....argument with some police officers and they were so drunk they were stupid.

And let us not confuse the word "soldier" with war veteran.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
My word of advice to those 2 war veterans - take the citation and then stand up in court and tell the judge exactly why you got cited!!!

These men stood up for our country and this is respect that those officers think they are entitled to? They deserve to be fired and shamed before the nation!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelonmyshoulder
My word of advice to those 2 war veterans

Ahhh...I stand corrected. The article does say veterans. That is another matter (truly).

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If this story is as the article claims*, then this is terrible. Whilst there's good and bad apples in every barrel, to be honest, this kind of arrogance within the Police resonates with me. I've personal experience of young(er) police officers enjoying their 'power' so it's not hard for me to see this as being fairly plausible.

*I'm conscious of some American posters having issues regarding the veracity of World Net Daily.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
*I'm conscious of some American posters having issues regarding the veracity of World Net Daily.

As am I. Here is an alternative source--Wisconsin State Journal: www.madison.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
and this is the best part!

The soldiers filed the lawsuit against the city of Wisconsin Dells, its police chief and the three officers Monday in U.S. District Court in Madison, alleging infliction of emotional distress; negligent hiring, training and supervision of the two officers; false imprisonment and violation of their constitutional and civil rights. The guardsmen are each seeking $600,000 in compensatory and punitive damages.

Officer Thomas was fired in June while Jacobson was suspended for two weeks without pay.

Justice served.. they screwed with the wrong people..

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
the thread liner should be changed to vets... I seriously and I mean seriously doubt cops would be stupid enough to try somthing like this to someone in uniform...

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is one of those few times I see a lawsuit that I hope the plaintiffs win. I'd like to see them bankrupt that city for hiring, then firing just plain stupid and smart assed cops.

I hope this article does get more press as the region in question has much of it's business based on tourism.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Years ago, I was in the courtroom when a truck driver who had been cited for urinating in public (he had stopped on the side of a road and was peeing behind his truck when a Highway Patrol pulled up behind and saw him) had his case heard. The judge asked did the driver want to say anything and the the man said "Yeah ~ I just wanna know what that cop did that was so bad that he ended up sent out on piss patrol?" Everyone in the room choked with laughter! Even the judge had to drop a pen under his desk so he could bend down and compose himself.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Those cops are lucky. Some of the guys I served with would have come back to town locked and loaded, and rubbed the cops faces in the liquid for verification.

There are many good cops throughout the world. But there are also some of the biggest ***holes in the world. On a power high, and since they hold the badge, the law is what they say it is. Especially the younger and more inexperienced.

This makes me absolutely furious.

I'd get the biggest crook of a lawyer in the country and retire. The Chief down should have been terminated. You are always responsible for those under you. And if he had any hint of testes, he would have resigned to maintain his honor.

Remind me to never go to that town. I just may have to whizz.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
If this story is as the article claims*, then this is terrible. Whilst there's good and bad apples in every barrel, to be honest, this kind of arrogance within the Police resonates with me. I've personal experience of young(er) police officers enjoying their 'power' so it's not hard for me to see this as being fairly plausible.

If this is true, then this is absolutely disgusting. I have seen LEO's as young as 18, and to be honest, if one of them "instructed" me to do something, I would actually take offense to it. It would be like some young punk attempting to one-up me in terms of Social Status (and I am not old by any means of the imagination). I can only imagine how a 40 or 50 year old would perceive such a situation, let alone a Vet.

As for issues with Police Officers, it all starts with the Shift Supervisors, Precinct Commanders, and Chiefs. They are the ones responsible for instilling values and discipline within their ranks, and if occurrences such as the aforementioned do in fact take place, they must be dealt with, or no one remains to blame except they themselves.

[edit on 11-30-2008 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

actually, every soldier in uniform during anytime of war is considered a "war veteran." It does not matter whether they were shot at or not.

All military personnel during and after 9/11 have ben consdered war veterans.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Seems that "Officers" Thomas and Jacobson were/are Limited Term Officers, basically temps to augment the Wisconsin Dells PD during the summer tourist season, which can lead to a permanent hire. Also seems their badges went to their heads, to say the least.

Officer Albrecht is a Patrol Officer with the WD PD. He became a full time police officer in Jan 08, another newbie.

Jacobson and Albrecht should've been canned as well. I only hope the WD PD has to pay out big time for this.

Here's some info on the Wisconsin Dells PD...their website...includes a little bio on Officer Albrecht and and his email address...

www.wdpd.com...

Albrecht bio.....(scroll down)...

www.wdpd.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
what a bunch of idiots, the cops are stupid for pulling this crap, the vets are stupid for allowing themselves to be degraded in this manner and the tax payer is made the biggest idiot when the judge decides to pay the idiots who lapped up the urine $1.2m between them.

[edit on 1/12/08 by pieman]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

I do not mean to sound like I am taking sides of the cops, but if people think that any amount in a lawsuit would be less money for that police department to do their jobs. Less money means that any of the means less quality to do their police work. Because of the money problems of the congress has to do with.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Thats not even the worst one. keep looking at the links to other stories at the bottom.
The one about the 16 year old kid who fell 30 feet and broke is back and because he couldn't/ didn't respond to officers they tasered him 19 times !!!!!
They claim they had to subdue him and that he muttered somthing about shooting cops or somthing.
I hate police officers.!!!!!!!!!!
Not all of them actually. some are really decent human beings and set a great example.

It's just like muslims, jews, blacks, mexicans...........It takes a few bad apples to ruin if for a group of people who are good people and no different from you and me.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest
reply to post by solarstorm

I do not mean to sound like I am taking sides of the cops, but if people think that any amount in a lawsuit would be less money for that police department to do their jobs. Less money means that any of the means less quality to do their police work. Because of the money problems of the congress has to do with.

Then they should do their job properly and these suits wouldn't happen. end of story

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Ok so we have two veterans who...

1. Actually took a P in an open public area, to which is not only a nasty thing to do to begin with, but sends a very very nasty message about how those two veterans who fought for the land they are P'ing on, the respect of the very land they fought for.

2. They did not P in open public area and were forced by some other means other than a threat of a citiation...perhaps one or both of the cops had their guns out?

Either way...its a nasty situation that should not have occured.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 3-12-2008 by RFBurns]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join