It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell Phone Radiation Causes Dna Damage!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
And we wonder why cancer rates and alzheimers is going up..... Add one more reason to the other toxic ones..

www.microwavenews.com...

November 27… Science has conceded the error: More than one lab has in fact shown that cell phone radiation can cause DNA breaks. Back in August, reporter Gretchen Vogel claimed that Hugo Rüdiger at the University of Vienna medical school was the only one (see September 3, below). Now, Vogel allows that a team from Zhejiang University in Hangzhou, China, had previously observed DNA breaks in cells exposed to GSM radiation.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Now they need to do a study on the people that wear the "earbud" all the time and see if they are having more problems than the people who only put the cellphone up to their head when they are using it...

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by scrubsnstuffkim

Yes and a wired earbud vs bluetooth vs cell at ear vs speakerphone 1-2 ft away. I want to know it all. Heard years ago that bluetooth was far worse than cellphone as far as radiation. Then I heard that it was less harmful.

I want an independent, unbiased research of this. How could this not already be done? Over a billion people use cell phones, shouldn't we be figuring out if it's frying our brains or not? Bloody insane!!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You can get yourself bluetube headsets from merola.. or you can get the secret service style one from motorola where its also an air headset.. this is the best way to protect yourself.. if you MUST use cellphones.. Also don't forget the faraday cage effect.. if in a vehicle the signals will bounce back and forth in the car... doubling or tripling your dosage... best to shut your cell off when in a vehicle for this and the fact that most people on the road can't drive while on the phone...

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I have one for car breakdowns, but I keep forgetting to get the timed cards so its useless right now. But I really think even occasional use is courting with danger, and intend to buy a head set. I already stopped using the microwave, and now only have a toaster/convection oven which is less convenient. The only thing is, these waves pass through us all the time. We are bombarded with ever increasing wave pollution so it almost is moot to try and eliminate these dangers, though every bit helps I guess.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Yes we are bombarded all the time... But what you can do is minimise the risks.. For example I only turn on my WIFI whenever someone comes over with a laptop... after they leave I shut it off. I rarely if ever use microwaves.. and I try to use a landline whenever possible .... Every bit helps... I suppose the only extreme way to avoid all of it is building a house shielded with lead
... or living in the desert..

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Is there any evidence other than a conclusive statement? I have heard similar fear-mongering surrounding cell phone use before, but never the conclusive evidence. I don't see why this thread is much different than the evidence presented to me 4 years ago

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

read the SCIENCE journal report... its not fear mongering..its science

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
In a letter published in the magazine's November 28 issue, Vini Khurana, a neurosurgeon in Canberra, Australia, advises that, "[T]here are many other peer-reviewed papers from laboratories in at least seven countries, including the United States, showing that cell phone or similar low-intensity EMFs can break DNA or modulate it structurally." (Others have submitted similar complaints to the magazine's editors.) In her response, Vogel writes, "My intention was not to imply that there were only two papers showing any effects of EMFs. There are many publications that show effects of EMFs on DNA, but the citations listed [by Khurana] do not directly contradict the quoted sentence." That sentence which leads her August 29 article begins: "The only two peer-reviewed scientific papers showing that [EMFs] from cell phones can cause DNA breakage...'' In an exchange with Microwave News, Vogel drew a sharp distinction between DNA "damage" and "breakage," which, she said, allowed her to exclude many other papers, particularly one by John Aitken.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Cell phones have only been in MAJOR use for the past 6-8 years.. How could we possibly know the effects of 20-30 years of cell phone usage..?? Remember at one point Cigarrete smoking was considered "safe" ... and look at how that turned out

[edit on 30-11-2008 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot
In a letter published in the magazine's November 28 issue, Vini Khurana, a neurosurgeon in Canberra, Australia, advises that, "[T]here are many other peer-reviewed papers from laboratories in at least seven countries, including the United States, showing that cell phone or similar low-intensity EMFs can break DNA or modulate it structurally." (Others have submitted similar complaints to the magazine's editors.) In her response, Vogel writes, "My intention was not to imply that there were only two papers showing any effects of EMFs. There are many publications that show effects of EMFs on DNA, but the citations listed [by Khurana] do not directly contradict the quoted sentence." That sentence which leads her August 29 article begins: "The only two peer-reviewed scientific papers showing that [EMFs] from cell phones can cause DNA breakage...'' In an exchange with Microwave News, Vogel drew a sharp distinction between DNA "damage" and "breakage," which, she said, allowed her to exclude many other papers, particularly one by John Aitken.

Thanks freepatriot this is exactly what I was looking for. Great conclusive paragraph with many specifics and reference points.

What are the supposed effects be for broken DNA? I have heard the idea of mutated babies being thrown around because of keeping a cell phone in your pocket (specifically males). Is there any evidence of that? What would the possible effects be if we don't reproduce? Would it still harm us individually for using them?

The concept is mind blowing. It makes you wonder how big of a radius is created by cell phones because you may not have a choice to sit next to somebody on the bus who has one in their pocket.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I've been following the dangers for years, and they do keep coming up off and on. But I decided a head set was in order when in some article a Canadian physician only allowed his family to use them with headsets I thought it was probably the best advice.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I can drink an 18pack of beer and I bet that causes more damage then cellphone radiation. I can probably think of 100 things that will cause same and more damage. Does that mean we should paint our walls with lead and stay inside all day? Welcome to technology revolution, take your risks and enjoy it.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

It is mindblowing..We have to minimise the risks as much as possible it is impossible to completly eliminate them as long as you live in major cities... I actually remember somone from the Navy telling me a long time ago to not get a cell phone. this was back in 1999... before cell phone usage was rampant..

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
the DNA fragmentation process should be investigated, because it does not seem occur to any aprreciable extent in living tissue (as opposed to single cells and viruses), if it did, cellphone radiation would really be immediately hazardous.

as long as the mechanism which protects connected cells is not understood, no reasonable predictions can be made when and how it might break down.

erring on the side of caution in the case of cell phones has the neat side effect of reducing your bills, so that's imho the way to go.

an old post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join