It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch government warning of coming dissaster on the radio!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Dutch government warning of coming dissaster on the radio!

Today at work I was listening to the Dutch radio, when the advertisement's came I was stunned when I heard this! Or words to this affect.
In Holland we have everything we need but have you stopped to think, one day we may not!
Did you stop to think what it would be like if suddenly we had no,running water,
No electricity, no gas, no heating, no....... and on and on he went, describing every possible scenario possible, every possible scenario which we conspiracy theorist discuss all the time!
But this was the Dutch Government warning it's people.
The advertisement went on to say we want, YOU TO BUY A SURVIVAL KIT AND STOCK UP ON FOOD AND OTHER ESSENTIAL GOODS!
I couldn't catch the end of the advertisement so I did a Google!

Are the Dutch government warning us of Armageddon?

I recently read in a national Dutch newspaper that government leaders, are warning government members of a coming world wide disaster and are warning members to stock up, with food and water and are even issuing Dutch politicians with a survival kit as a Christmas packet in place of the usual traditional gifts of wine and other luxury gifts!
Source

[edit on 30-11-2008 by Bazil]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Bazil

Holy Cow!

Maybe they are warning you that the BackStreet Boys are together again.

It is called Diaster Preperation. Lose Power in the coming winter and it will get COLD.

Relax.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I cannot speak for the Dutch, since I live here in the United States. The question begs to be asked: If the US Government knew about a disaster of unequalled scale where about to strike and there was nothing that could be done to prevent it.......would they tell us.....?

I would have to say......no. They would not want the panic, rioting, general upheaval as they took cover undergound to save themselves.

Take for example, whenever an astroid comes close to earth.....in general they tell us about it two or three days after it misses......never before.

I am getting the feeling they really don't care about me......I am saddened..........

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This is Holland, we don't lose power and it doesn't get that cold!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Most governments have civil defence/emergency plans. UK is no different.

Current British Government advice is provided by the Home Office "Preparing for Emergencies" website & also a series of booklets which were issued to every household a few years ago.

HMG - Preparing for Emergencies

If you are at home and an emergency happens, try to gather together: * A list of useful phone numbers, such as your doctor's and close relatives' * Home and car keys * Toiletries, sanitary supplies and any regularly prescribed medication * A battery radio, with spare batteries * A torch with spare batteries, candles and matches * A First Aid kit * Your mobile phone * Cash and credit cards * Spare clothes and blankets Also, it is always useful to have: * Bottled water, ready-to-eat food (e.g. tinned food) and a bottle/tin opener, in case you have to remain in your home for several days

It can look a bit alarming to read that advice in isolation but it's been the mainstay of civil defence since World War 2. With blizzards predicted for my neck of the woods by the end of the week I guess much of it is commonsense.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Isn't Holland also one of the primary forces behind seed-banking? I know the US has a bank vault at the pole, but have heard Holland's is more comprehensive and was first gov. to start the process.

Also, was there not some info recently about a Holland gov. official talking about Holland's disaster facilities and what a large percentage of their population the gov. could shleter long-term? And then a scandal surrounding that official's statement/warning?

... I think there is some math here that merits a harder look. Dutch math.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

No, your thinking of Norway!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Their is weight to this warning

We had a thread on ATS a week or 2 ago about FOX discussing the Dutch 2012 warnings. The discussion was blanked out because of the EMERGENCY Test they out of the blue, did and conveniently on the discussion was over the emergency test finished.

Video here

original ATS thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Definitely something going on.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Mmm , i would like to see some kind of sourc for this, not only the blog in the OP.

I live in holland and listen a lot to the radio, i have no tv, and i have not heard this advertisement yet.

Can any other dutch person confirm this advertisement as real before i start thinking of stocking up some food

[edit on 30-11-2008 by jaamaan]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Wow, good find, Fox TV? Not the best advert! Thanks anyway.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

The seedbank is in Norway. Don't know about the primary driving forces, but it aren't the Dutch. The warning official was Swedish I believe (could've been Danish), but not Dutch.

To the OP: nearly every country periodically runs some sort of prevention and education campaign. I remember ads telling us to be watchful in public places for suspicious packages and people around 2002. Nothing happened then. Some years later we had a campaign to raise our awareness of the air raid sirens and what to do if they go off. Again nothing happened, and there's no reason to believe this campaign is any different imho.

reply to post by jaamaan

The thread linked to below provides some sources. Ads have running on tv and radio for nearly a month now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30/11/08 by Symer]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

I think if you Google, nood pakket, or something along them lines, you will find loads of websites offering survival stuff, you your self would know what was linked to the government!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
you never know what's gonna happen. I think the Dutch govt. is just being prudent. It sounds like a good initative on their part.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

Yes it's a real advertisement. They also have a tv commercial variant with the same information.

I wouldn't worry about it...

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LoDGiKaL

Why? Why now? It is a bit unnerving to say the least!
A Dutch buisness man asked me yesterday if I wanted to buy a life raft, this is all, very coincidental, you have to understand, most of us live under sea level!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Not only does the dutch government broadcast these adds quite frequently, but not long ago we had a couple of flood-drills, where I live, that made me re-think the reason behind it all.

Fact, most of our country is well below sealevel, so it is only logical we prepare ourselves for floods and such. But as long as I can remember we allready have a good working (sirene) warning system, wich is tested every first monday of the month precisly at 12:00hrs. When this system goes off on any other day, we dutchmen know we have to close all our windows and switch on our radio and/or TV so that we may be informed. We dutch are verry much aware of the water, our biggest potential threat. But why all the extra fuzz?

It is hard to say whether the government is building awareness, or is actually trying to warn us about impending danger But to me it looks like they know and expect something, we citizens don't. Never mind my own personal gut-feeling that something dramatic is not far from happening.

Maybe it is all done to create some fear, so that we go along with all sorts of measures imposed on us, as docile sheep.

Either way, imo there's more to it then meets the eye.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Financial Disaster Will Lead to Civil Disorder in 2009 or 2010, Says Secret Citibank Memo

source

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

I don't agree with this post. You cannot prepare for a reunion such as that.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You say this is the dutch gov't warning the people.

I don't know how radio works there - is it public funding and therefore the commerical was from the gov't or was this a commercial like we have in the USA - a Capitalist commercial - selling a product?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well actualy, it's 8.30pm here and I have just seen the ad on television and it's meant to shock, although I can't see what a bag of candles, torch, radio and some other stuff are gonna really help?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join