It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Missionaries film children being buried alive in the Amazon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANTHONY33
These people would never do such Satanic acts.

What color is the sky in your world? It must be a really nice place!

And for heaven's sake don't do any research on the internet! You start searching for witchcraft, infanticide, cannibalism, female genital mutilation, etc... you may find all sorts of things that don't fit in your pretty little world.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
**'According to Dr Marcos Pelegrini, a doctor working in the Yanomami Tribe Health Care District, 98 children were killed by their mothers in 2004 alone.

Campaigners say that the true figure is obscured by officials who often record cases of infanticide as simple malnutrition. At the same time, family anguish over infanticide has led to many adult tribal members committing suicide.

Attempts to change tribal attitudes and counter official indifference are being led by a Brazilian couple, Marcia and Edson Suzuki. They have worked with one tribe, the Suruwaha, for 20 years.

Mr Suzuki, the founder of a campaign group called Atini - Voice for Life - said: "We are fighting against doctors and anthropologists who say we must not interfere with the culture of the people."'**

More can be found here:
Newspaper Article

I'm not quite sure where the anti-missionary/Christian/Evil Pope slant is to be found. Please elucidate if possible.

Eric

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD
I'm not quite sure where the anti-missionary/Christian/Evil Pope slant is to be found. Please elucidate if possible.

MISSIONARIES ACCUSE INDIANS OF KILLING BABIES
Culture Clash: Evangelicals Denounce Infanticide, Draw Ire From Activists
By DAN HARRISBRASILIA, Brazil, Sept. 23, 2008

Evangelical Christian missionaries have launched a campaign against what they claim is the widespread practice of infanticide among Amazonian Indians.

At the center of the debate is a girl named Hakani, a member of the Suruwaha Indian tribe, who has been adopted by evangelical missionaries Marcia and Edson Suzuki.

www.hakani.org...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If you read that article, you will see that they admit that there is no way they can verify their claims and that the film was created to promote their ideas with the goal of gaining funding. They admit faking the film. Watch that film again. Does it look like the religious group was concerned for the welfare of the child that they buried alive, simply for a camera shot and hopes of funding??? Were the tears of that child "acting" or was it truly scared and choking on the dirt in it's mouth???

I lived in the Amazon with a tribe of Yanomami. I speak from first hand experience. Infanticide is not a cultural practice with them. They consider children to be sacred. The tribe I lived with had one boy with a game leg and he was treated just like all the other children. No one made fun of him nor treated him special. He was just another member of the tribe. When needed, tribal natives will seek out outside assistance with their medical needs. But what happens when they do that?

Before I lived with that tribe, I spent some time a small Brasilian village deep in the Amazon. The village had a Jesuit mission with an attached school and clinic. The village was small and mostly filled with subsistence farmers, fishermen, and hunters. From time to time, natives would come down stream and trade gold for items they could not manufacture, ie. aluminum pans and iron knives. The Priests were in charge of all trading and severely exploited the natives. Would you pay $75 for a aluminum cook pot?

One day while I was there a dugout canoe arrived, paddled by two natives. Their chief was lying inside wracked with fever. He had a severe infection in his leg that needed attention. The priests refused to treat him in their clinic because he was heathen, not baptized. They suggested that they take him to a Government clinic that was a two week journey down stream. A captain of a river boat that brought supplies to the village spoke up, and stated that he knew this indian, that he was baptized with the name Joseph. The priests reluctantly agreed to treat him. The boat captain named Sabastiao Conte, later admitted to me that he had made it up, that he had never seen this native before as they lived upstream past a drop in the river that his boat could not navigate, but he knew that the chief would never have survived the journey downstream.

As it rains quite a bit in the Amazon, the small dirt road in front of the mission often became quite muddy. There was a project in process to pave the small road with cobblestones. While the men of the village were being paid a meager wage to move dirt and prepare the road bed and increase drainage, children, younger than teenagers, were sitting in the shade of a tree, using hammers to break up stones into smaller sizes to be used to pave the road. All of the children had sore hands from hammering rocks, many with split fingers from their labors. Their only safety protection was a rag tied across their face to keep the dust out. These children were given permission by the priests to skip school to do the work, work for which they were paid the local equivalent of .50 cents for a four hour day. Barely enough to buy a meal. When Priests hire very young children to perform hard manual labor, and pay them peanuts, there is something seriously wrong. Their families were not starving and these children should have been in school. It is one thing to hire teenagers after school. It is another thing all together to have much younger children work, and not attend school. Ahh, but promoting illiteracy is a great way to control the population isn't it.

In a comparison between the two groups, the Native Yanomami, and the Priests, it becomes clear that the Yanomami were far more civilized in their dealings with outsiders and each other, while the Priests were cold and calculating exploiters. This invented film is another example of an outside religious group attempting to exploit a native tribe for financial gain, while at the same time attempting to replace their culture with an imposed religion. The Yanomami do not need this kind of "help."

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
...In some shots you can see dirt thrown on top of the camera lens because the camera was placed down in the hole looking up...

Yeah.
If they were trying to raise money, they definitely wouldn't sacrifice an expensive camera.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ANTHONY33

I flagged all of the videos in youtube.........I can't stand seeing it....even it it is fake...........it is horrible to see...........

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

It is well documented what missionaries ARE doing in other countries under the name of "god". It wouldn't surprise me if they just haven't been caught out at planning it all.

www.guardian.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join