It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raw food eating providing shift in conciousness....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by meadowfairy

Right. Tounge in cheek is a form of symbolism. If you disagree with my humor it proved the profound effect that it reached you and there we make progress.
Thanks for giving me a whole hearted smile, it's tuff to live thinking your above someone because of life style practice's, but thanks to some on ATS other's have no problem.

When we live in a world that is based off secrecy and ignorance I choose to take the tougher path, I learn from experience, never fear the unknown, and most off all try to bring love and enlightenment to other's.

The joke you don't get makes you think the hardest, so why does life make some ponder and other's wander?

Truly I am thankful something could die for me today, we all should be. Alas in retrospect I belive murder should be Illegal, and clearly it's NOT.

So what's my point for you today Sweet Meadow Fairy?
If your programmed to only see somthing one way, all other road's cease to exist. The TV radio waves exist in the space around you, subtlely... You don't see them, only the message conveyed thru specific mediaum, the true Tongue in cheek is neither what you see or hear from either.

Love to you and your great message!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Meadowfairy, you have reminded me to try again to eat mainly raw food.
I did for a while and was amazed to find that if I are only fresh fruit, (which I did for 3 months,) I got none of the expected protein deficiency.
That diet made meditation quite different.

Thanks.
Starred and flagged.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodcircle

here is the recipe.
also something else that might help with your research, has anyone mentioned something called a sattvic diet? you should look it up.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
S&F! Thanks OP. Like you answered my questions already, before I even started asking.

This has been a difficult but necessary task for myself. As my vibrational rate and consciousness increase I find I like different things. What I didn't like before, I can't get enough of now. Weird. Living in California makes eating healthy easier, but it seems everytime I start traveling I get back into this unhealthy rut. I mean come on, where am I going to find some nice raw food in the middle of winter out in po-dunk? Oh yea Wal-Mart. but I refuse to give money to a company that.... well someone got trampled just the other day there. So I get a Subway... still not quite that good. And have you ever traveled with REAL food? Since it isnt in a nice pretty package and usually in baggies they think Im some sort of criminal. "What is this?" they ask.

I know the natural progression is more and more raw foods everyday in my diet, which is really easy in CA. I am hesitant to fully switch over, as I travel a lot and just this past weekend I had to eat, junkfood. It made my stomach swing in disgust.

It is expensive.
It takes planning
It takes preparation.
It takes discipline.
Sometimes it seems impossible.
Maybe thats a sign that its something to fight for.

One more thing. My subtle energy system seems to be very attuned, mainly through a life threatening disease. Since recovery, meditation and relaxation are a must or my body runs down, a lot less now that I have my diet in balance.

Diet I have found is one of the most important things. When I got out of the hospital, I said "No more processed foods" then 2 years later, more FRESH food. And I still do that. FRESH and LOCAL being my two big concerns, as I am no vegetarian, I love sushi, and sometime a nice kobe steak. Now I am looking for more nuts,berries, and whatever else I can to keep my vibrations and energies high enough to continue my duties and work.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Ok first of all the human body isnt that good at getting nutrients out of foods,so you will get the exact same nutrients from fresh vs cooked vegetables,the rest you will excrete,thats a fact.So if you enjoy eating uncooked veggies good for you,but its no better nutritional wise than cooked vegetables.

DAMN IT!

why does someone always beat me to it?

DAMN IT!

Screw it, I am going to plagerize you anyway

Here's what I think to all of you who actually believe this gunk...

Ok first of all the human body isnt that good at getting nutrients out of foods, so you will get the exact same nutrients from fresh vs cooked vegetables,the rest you will excrete, that's a fact.
So if you enjoy eating uncooked veggies good for you, but its no better nutritional wise than cooked vegetables.

Couldn't have said it better myself if I had said it the first time and hadn't copied it off some loser who read my mind!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hi.

I was an Organic Raw Vegan for a little while and it WAS an incredible 'high' if you will and VERY good for the body in some points:

I drank a lot of Carrot Juice (and Carrot Juice mixed with other veggies/friuts/garlic, etc.).

Also ate only organic, uncooked fruits and vegetables, for a couple years.

It's 'nice' yet our bodies are really not meant to live on this type of a diet, exclusively.

Even if you got your Protein from other sources, (Yeast Flakes, Peanut Butters, Nuts, Grains, etc.) It is still NOT enough (nor the right kind) of Protein our bodies need!

AND...one has to gradually go vegan! (up to or over a YEAR from bad fast-good diet to vegan!).

NOT only that: but contrary to popular belief there ARE quite a few UNDERWEIGHT (or those who need to keep every single pound they got) people in this world and for those type, a raw vegan lifestyle does NOT cut it, sorry! (Can ya tell I fall into this category?). Avacadoes, etc. do NOT keep (or add) the weight!

I think one should definately eat healthier, eat less red meats (I said less, not cut it out completely), and yes, raw fruits and veggis ARE ALIVE, so that would be better than cooked or even steamed.

I also suggest getting one's food allergies tested for and adjust your diet to what you may not even know your system is allergic to. (dairy, wheat, gluten, etc.).

You'd be surprised how much healthier the human race would be if we simpy ate SMARTER and HEALTHIER rather than resorting to extemes and unhealthy fads!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

My grandmother would always use the water from boiled vegetables to make gravy with instead of boiled kettle water. And I can tell you her gravy was awesome. She would say that the goodness from the vegetables went into the water, and she didn't like to waste it.

In my opinion, if something leaves the vegetable and mildly flavours the water, you are losing something from the vegetable.

If i have to cook vegetables I steam them lightly but that's all. The amount you cook a vegetable is directly proportionate to how much flavour is left in it. Overcooked has no flavour, so lightly cooked is the best balance for me at least.

Edit: oops I see that I misread your post, but I'll leave my original post intact hoping that someone will find it useful, but I will add:

Goodness, aka vitamins and such, is really only one facet of a food, there are many changes which happen to a food when you cook it, it's molecular structure changes, the juices in the food change, many things change about it. Remember cooked food is not exactly a natural thing, it sure tastes good but most foods can be eaten in a raw state without any problems.

From my own personal experience of self medicating my acid indigestion problem, cooked vegetables never did help me. I tried all kinds of diets, one of them was a baked vegetable and low meat/protein diet. It was only one night when I was pretty desperate from pain, and I had no milk or antacids, that I looked inside the fridge for something, and my gut instinct picked cauliflower. I ate it raw, and to my amazement it got rid of my acid nearly immediately.

After that, I started to take raw vegetables a lot more, and I found that I could reverse all of the effects from acidic blood (mostly just nausea and rib pain which would last all day) soon after eating raw vegetables.

So in summary, raw vegetables definitely are different to cooked, I'm not talking nutritionally, it could just be the juices inside the vegetables or something like that. There is a difference and in some situations it can be a positive difference.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by unnamedninja]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Its funny I had been trying to eat really healthy over the last few years....whole foods, grains, and as much raw food as possible. After all that I go to an accupuncturist that has cured most of my ills and he says my main problem is ...get this, not eating enough meat and cutting back on my raw food intake.

LOL, just goes to show maybe there isn't ONE way for everyone!~

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by unnamedninja
reply to post by gormly

My grandmother would always use the water from boiled vegetables to make gravy with instead of boiled kettle water. And I can tell you her gravy was awesome. She would say that the goodness from the vegetables went into the water, and she didn't like to waste it.

In my opinion, if something leaves the vegetable and mildly flavours the water, you are losing something from the vegetable.

If i have to cook vegetables I steam them lightly but that's all. The amount you cook a vegetable is directly proportionate to how much flavour is left in it. Overcooked has no flavour, so lightly cooked is the best balance for me at least.

Edit: oops I see that I misread your post, but I'll leave my original post intact hoping that someone will find it useful, but I will add:

Goodness, aka vitamins and such, is really only one facet of a food, there are many changes which happen to a food when you cook it, it's molecular structure changes, the juices in the food change, many things change about it. Remember cooked food is not exactly a natural thing, it sure tastes good but most foods can be eaten in a raw state without any problems.

From my own personal experience of self medicating my acid indigestion problem, cooked vegetables never did help me. I tried all kinds of diets, one of them was a baked vegetable and low meat/protein diet. It was only one night when I was pretty desperate from pain, and I had no milk or antacids, that I looked inside the fridge for something, and my gut instinct picked cauliflower. I ate it raw, and to my amazement it got rid of my acid nearly immediately.

After that, I started to take raw vegetables a lot more, and I found that I could reverse all of the effects from acidic blood (mostly just nausea and rib pain which would last all day) soon after eating raw vegetables.

So in summary, raw vegetables definitely are different to cooked, I'm not talking nutritionally, it could just be the juices inside the vegetables or something like that. There is a difference and in some situations it can be a positive difference.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by unnamedninja]

This article actually explains cooked vs raw food quite well. Also explains Leukocytosis which is when your white blood cell count is high whilst eating cooked foods your immune system attacks cooked foods and thinks its foreign to the body.

www.living-foods.com...

[edit on 1-12-2008 by meadowfairy]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by atzmaz
Its funny I had been trying to eat really healthy over the last few years....whole foods, grains, and as much raw food as possible. After all that I go to an accupuncturist that has cured most of my ills and he says my main problem is ...get this, not eating enough meat and cutting back on my raw food intake.

LOL, just goes to show maybe there isn't ONE way for everyone!~

Your right if your accupuncturist is Asian then yes they do believe in steaming veggies as they believe just like hindu's that it draws the heat from the whole body to the stomach. Nothing off either that im concerned about, especially with the hot weather here in Australia.

Do look up the China Study though this gives a different view.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
Meadowfairy, you have reminded me to try again to eat mainly raw food.
I did for a while and was amazed to find that if I are only fresh fruit, (which I did for 3 months,) I got none of the expected protein deficiency.
That diet made meditation quite different.

Thanks.
Starred and flagged.

There is a guy who is a fruitarian who explains we can get our protien and amino acids from eating a variety of fruits and greens. Im still looking into the theory i will find the video and post it.

Youtube linker is not working so will post url.

au.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

On the other hand, cooked food was killing me. Being asthmatic, I had been on prescription drugs (including inhalant steroids and albuterol) most of my life. Having reached the point of puffing on my inhaler 40 times (yes forty!) a day, I sought the advice of a naturopathic doctor. He suggested I try a 100% raw food diet. Within two weeks I noticed a huge difference. My energy level soared, my drug consumption decreased rapidly, and I noticed major improvments in my health, memory, thinking, stamina, skin, hair. I lost weight and felt great. I felt and looked better at 47 than I did in my 20's. People told me I "glowed with good health" and would constantly ask me my age. When I told them, they refused to believe me! My allergies and head aches disappeared. As long as I remained 100% raw, my asthma was non-existent and I needed NO drugs!

People may have their objections to the raw food lifestyle, but let me tell you ... it worked for me. Even my doctor was completely amazed at the results of my Comprehensive Metabolic Panel when I had a complete physical. She commented on how healthy I was and went on to say "at this rate, you are going to live forever!"

Unfortunately, due to life changes, I resumed eating the standard American diet and am suffering the ramifications once again. I feel awful. I put on 45 pounds, am back on my meds, allergies have returned, I have no energy and look my age again. I am eager to get back on my raw food diet and stick with it this time because I never felt better than I did when I was eating raw fruits/veggies.

Simply Rawesome

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuffsaid420
S&F! Thanks OP. Like you answered my questions already, before I even started asking.

This has been a difficult but necessary task for myself. As my vibrational rate and consciousness increase I find I like different things. What I didn't like before, I can't get enough of now. Weird. Living in California makes eating healthy easier, but it seems everytime I start traveling I get back into this unhealthy rut. I mean come on, where am I going to find some nice raw food in the middle of winter out in po-dunk? Oh yea Wal-Mart. but I refuse to give money to a company that.... well someone got trampled just the other day there. So I get a Subway... still not quite that good. And have you ever traveled with REAL food? Since it isnt in a nice pretty package and usually in baggies they think Im some sort of criminal. "What is this?" they ask.

I know the natural progression is more and more raw foods everyday in my diet, which is really easy in CA. I am hesitant to fully switch over, as I travel a lot and just this past weekend I had to eat, junkfood. It made my stomach swing in disgust.

It is expensive.
It takes planning
It takes preparation.
It takes discipline.
Sometimes it seems impossible.
Maybe thats a sign that its something to fight for.

One more thing. My subtle energy system seems to be very attuned, mainly through a life threatening disease. Since recovery, meditation and relaxation are a must or my body runs down, a lot less now that I have my diet in balance.

Diet I have found is one of the most important things. When I got out of the hospital, I said "No more processed foods" then 2 years later, more FRESH food. And I still do that. FRESH and LOCAL being my two big concerns, as I am no vegetarian, I love sushi, and sometime a nice kobe steak. Now I am looking for more nuts,berries, and whatever else I can to keep my vibrations and energies high enough to continue my duties and work.

I cant give you too much advice as i dont travel alot myself but i will give you websites for some tips:
vegetarian-recipes.suite101.com...

au.youtube.com...

au.youtube.com...

au.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by siree
reply to post by bloodcircle

here is the recipe.
also something else that might help with your research, has anyone mentioned something called a sattvic diet? you should look it up.

Thankyou

www.users.interport.net...

It is not much different from raw diet but a good diet for those who dont want to do raw.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jb0311NY

Right. Tounge in cheek is a form of symbolism. If you disagree with my humor it proved the profound effect that it reached you and there we make progress.
Thanks for giving me a whole hearted smile, it's tuff to live thinking your above someone because of life style practice's, but thanks to some on ATS other's have no problem.

When we live in a world that is based off secrecy and ignorance I choose to take the tougher path, I learn from experience, never fear the unknown, and most off all try to bring love and enlightenment to other's.

The joke you don't get makes you think the hardest, so why does life make some ponder and other's wander?

Truly I am thankful something could die for me today, we all should be. Alas in retrospect I belive murder should be Illegal, and clearly it's NOT.

So what's my point for you today Sweet Meadow Fairy?
If your programmed to only see somthing one way, all other road's cease to exist. The TV radio waves exist in the space around you, subtlely... You don't see them, only the message conveyed thru specific mediaum, the true Tongue in cheek is neither what you see or hear from either.

Love to you and your great message!

Yes i was programed too think only one way my whole life until a dear friend and an experience i had with my illness opened my eyes to a new way of being. Before i was depressed, a mainstream believer who believed everything the authorites in every profession told me.

I feel much more connected and have had wisdom bestowed that i dont think im deserving off. Do i think im better then anyone else. No because i think we are all one. I want my fellow beings all to have the best life they can have. If i had a purpose it will be for a better world, a better life that way if i reincarnate i know i have acheived that!

One funny thing my hubby used to say to me was when i was happy he would point to my eyes and say it writes that you love me. Or when i was sad he would say it writes that you are not are not inlove. Then i would smile and he said see now you love me. The windows to our soul can tell many stories, we just need to open them.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Thanks for that link Meadowfairy. I'm still learning about what's wrong with me so that additional info is very much appreciated.

I was ill for maybe a year, had a bunch of other symptoms alongside the acid. Long story short; I spent a while in hospital, visited my GP and ER many times. Even got sent to a neurologist who suggest a shrink. Nobody could figure out what was wrong with me, and it was something as simple as this.

Perhaps if I lived in china this would have been diagnosed much more easily. They are fully aware of the hazards of a modern western diet of proccessed food and the effect on the body. And some of them have a great attitude in medicating their patients, seeing the diet as the first method of solving most curable problems, rather than the western approach of medication.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Your welcome! I agree have had success with Chinese Healing systems and do some tai chi. They have alot of plant based herb concoctions that are ancient.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
(i have read only the first page of the thread)

i see something missing there in the discussion and it is one constitution.

Without knowing oneself, one cannot know what food is best for him (this including vegan and raw food eater obviously)

from the very small knowledge i have of ayurveda and my own observations, we are all being given different, even unique, constitutions.

Therefore we all react differently to the same food and have different needs.

This being given by nature and not conditioning.

I'm not sure how to correlate ayurvedic theories with nutrients however i am intimately convinced and I know that these theories are pure consistent and priceless knowledge.

just trying to simplify the theory here :

The main axiom is that every living organism (from plant to human) is a combination of the elements airðer(vata), water&earth (kapha), fire&water(pita).

if plants of the same sort have identical properties (more or less of each of the 3 elements), human can be anything (full pita, full vata, full kapha or with 2 prominent over the third).

These are determined by our body and its characteristics :

one characteristic usually very representative :

*you are slim, can eat a lot and never get weight -> 1 vata point (and you are probably vata prominent),
*you eat not much still you make weight easily -> 1 kapha point (and you are probably kapha prominent),
*you gain weight accordingly to your diet -> 1 pita point (and you are probably pita prominent);

but that is only one caracteristic out of 50 or 60 like colour of nails, texture of the skin etc etc and you need to go through them all to have the full picture about your constitution (many questionnaires available on line-not all good though)

This ayurvedic constitution of the body has also effect on the mind and one's emotions. A pita person will be more often angry than a kapha for example, kapha famous for being very easily lazy etc etc. knowing your constitution will help you also understanding some of your emotions, how to balance them, but also other's emotions (you'll rediscover people actually in just looking at them).

The game with diet is obviously to balance our constitution with the proper food, so that body AND mind get more balanced in the process, and remain more in control.

1.learn your constitution
2.learn about which food will take down your prominent element(s), which one will boost the one needing to be boosted.
3.experiment and find your balance

You might find here some limitation with raw food, as pita (for vata, kapha and vata-kapha people) i think -but i don't know for sure- is hard to get from pure raw diet (cheese, is that raw ?).

the big conclusion is that a diet could help lead one to enlightenment and very healthy body, and the very same diet could lead another one to real bad state of, whether mind, body or both.
So instead of promoting a diet, myself would promote a "know yourself to uncover yourself your best diet".

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ::.mika.::
(i have read only the first page of the thread)

i see something missing there in the discussion and it is one constitution.

Without knowing oneself, one cannot know what food is best for him (this including vegan and raw food eater obviously)

from the very small knowledge i have of ayurveda and my own observations, we are all being given different, even unique, constitutions.

Therefore we all react differently to the same food and have different needs.

This being given by nature and not conditioning.

I'm not sure how to correlate ayurvedic theories with nutrients however i am intimately convinced and I know that these theories are pure consistent and priceless knowledge.

just trying to simplify the theory here :

The main axiom is that every living organism (from plant to human) is a combination of the elements airðer(vata), water&earth (kapha), fire&water(pita).

if plants of the same sort have identical properties (more or less of each of the 3 elements), human can be anything (full pita, full vata, full kapha or with 2 prominent over the third).

These are determined by our body and its characteristics :

one characteristic usually very representative :

*you are slim, can eat a lot and never get weight -> 1 vata point (and you are probably vata prominent),
*you eat not much still you make weight easily -> 1 kapha point (and you are probably kapha prominent),
*you gain weight accordingly to your diet -> 1 pita point (and you are probably pita prominent);

but that is only one caracteristic out of 50 or 60 like colour of nails, texture of the skin etc etc and you need to go through them all to have the full picture about your constitution (many questionnaires available on line-not all good though)

This ayurvedic constitution of the body has also effect on the mind and one's emotions. A pita person will be more often angry than a kapha for example, kapha famous for being very easily lazy etc etc. knowing your constitution will help you also understanding some of your emotions, how to balance them, but also other's emotions (you'll rediscover people actually in just looking at them).

The game with diet is obviously to balance our constitution with the proper food, so that body AND mind get more balanced in the process, and remain more in control.

1.learn your constitution
2.learn about which food will take down your prominent element(s), which one will boost the one needing to be boosted.
3.experiment and find your balance

You might find here some limitation with raw food, as pita (for vata, kapha and vata-kapha people) i think -but i don't know for sure- is hard to get from pure raw diet (cheese, is that raw ?).

the big conclusion is that a diet could help lead one to enlightenment and very healthy body, and the very same diet could lead another one to real bad state of, whether mind, body or both.
So instead of promoting a diet, myself would promote a "know yourself to uncover yourself your best diet".

Thankyou for waht you wrote. I have tried many diets especially the ayurvedic, blood type diet and Dr Mercola's body type diet. But sometthing always brings me back to the freshness of raw. I dont call raw a diet because its more like a lifestyle as their are no calorie counting and you dont have to be losing weight to be on it.
I imagine before fire people were eating and picking fruit of the trees and growing food out of the ground and consuming it that way, herbs and edible flowers and whatever they could find where they were situated.
I agree not all diets are for everyone which i have mentioned. But the way i feel speaks a million words to how i felt like as a child.
I loved watching my parents garden grow and picking fruit of our fruit trees and feeding the chickens. I dont know how people can find that life miserable in exchange for the modern life,when it brought me so much happiness. I find it a blessing to be able to grow things in my backyard and pick fresh fruit of the trees. It just seems natural to me and it is.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

ayurveda is not one diet,

it is a perspective on diets and nutrition that explains many many things on our bodies and its reactions to food and taste.

you didn't answer my question about cheese, same about oil, then also spirulina which is mostly found dry (never saw raw spirulina yet).

I feel you are pita therefore almost any fruits diet should fit you and green veggies (boiled or not), usually kapha-vata, also are the best for your system.

As, for example, myself is a strong Vata, i need pita, which would means tones of nuts in a raw diet, or the use of oil (sunflower, olive or other), or some spirulina (but i have to check for that, not full sure it is only pita) and obviously the easiest way to make pita is garlic, cheese, eggs, fish (myself don't eat meat). With fruits diet only i would need 2/3 kilos everyday of selected one (not to increase vata being important) to make up with my needs. too much. Then garlic diet are not to be advised at all. So how to stick to raw when you are vata (who have also the worst digestive system) i am not too sure...

i believe kapha type could them mostly stick to raw as their digestive system is the best of all and they really don't need much food to make up their needs.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by ::.mika.::]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join