It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raw food eating providing shift in conciousness....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
To the people replying saying this isn't true:
If doing something (even if it dose not work scientifically) makes one feel better and is does absolutly no harm to anything else, why not do it?

Even if the feeling of wellbeing is only in the person's head from eating raw plants, but it makes them feel better, that is going to project good to others.
There is absolutly no reason why everyone should not at least try this, as the way it's looking, we're all going to be in a shortage of cocoa pebbles and twinkys in the near future.

On a side note, I've always had an extreme craving for raw meat, not sure why but raw tenderloins and chicken livers are great, although I don't recommend it as it can have some ill effects from nasty salmonella.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by siree

Originally posted by meadowfairy
By the way there are healthy junk foods you can eat without the anxiety such as raw icecream, raw chocolate, raw pudding, raw cakes etc without the guilt. But as someoone mentioned in order to avoid guilt you can bless your food and ejoy every bite.

don't all those things have tons of sugar in them? that is one of the worst things you can eat. the only sugary thing besides fruit that is good for you is honey.
here is a healthy junk food for you. CHAI TEA! not the crap in a teabag either. i'm talking real homemade. everything in it is good for you all the way down to the milk and honey. if anyone is interested i will post a recipe.

Please dp. I'm always looking for a new tea recipe. Thanks a bunch.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Wow. Eating raw foods isn't that great for you. First off, there could be parasites or other nasties that will be killed off if your food is cooked.
Second of all, human beings are not ruminants, our bodies are not equipped to efficiently break down cellulose in plants and fully absorb the nutrients.
Even our primate cousins, the Gorilla who has semi-adapted to a herbivorous diet is very poor at digesting and absorbing nutrients from plant matter. That is why they spend all day eating.
You will get the exact same amount of nutrients from cooked food as you do from raw food. If you eat raw foods and vegetables then you will simply pass more unprocessed vitamins, minerals, etc in your waste.

Now, if you are talking about organic whole foods, that is a different animal altogether. Eating organic is very good for you, because you are cutting out all the chemicals, drugs, hormones and other contaminants out of your diet.

In short, eat less 'junk' food, more organic, and it DOESN'T MATTER if your food is RAW or COOKED. Cooking is just a failsafe to kill parasites and change the taste.

So it basically comes down to cook if you like cooked foods, don't change your mind or diet solely because someone on the internet who cites very sketchy 'studies' as proof of their theory tells you that your new diet will magically change you.

+EDIT+ Slightly changed the wording of a sentence.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by Thinkmore]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodcircle

i have been meaning to put the recipe on bts for a while now. since you are interested i will probly have it up by tomorrow in the food and cooking forum. i will send you a pm and let you know when it is posted.

edit: looks like a couple of people are interested so if this thread is still going when i post the recipe i will link it here

[edit on 30-11-2008 by siree]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm accomplished in meditation, OBEs, sensitivity, and "experiencing reality" more than most people that I know, and I eat my food cooked, with meat, and not organic.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I'm accomplished in meditation, OBEs, sensitivity, and "experiencing reality" more than most people that I know, and I eat my food cooked, with meat, and not organic.

Imagine if you followed a diet of more life-filled variety of food-stuffs! As it is, your intent is obviously potent.

I practice a vegan diet, but it's personal, really. The OP has made his statement, and I concur with him in it's effects. See my previous post (pg.2, I think).

I have noticed that with some, they acquire great power even tho' they are profound meat-eaters. Each are different.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
As someone who is slowly going into higher consciousness, here's my take:

I won't comment on the benefit of this or that diet, but I will comment on the chemical intoxication of the modern western diet: it's bogging us down, reducing our energy, putting us into a reduced frequency state. Sugar alone is slowly eroding us, when you add flouride, aspartame, whatever the hell mcdonalds and other fast food chains use as perservatives, colouring agents, soy and a whole lot of other stuff, is it any wonder we are overweight with bad complexions and falling hair? We are rotting from the inside out.

When you are more carefull about what you injest, and by no means is my diet perfect at this level, it's just altered enough for me to see the pattern, you realise that healthy food seems to have a common energetic source profile. Be it animal of vegetable, it is always organic, grown the way nature would make it, and it is always grown with love and respect, ie, the people that grow it value the natural systems they work with. Or love them, would be another term. It's my contention that unhappy animals and plants make for unhealthy or at the very least energetically weak foods, and happy makes strong and healthy. We are in an energy system, and the emotions we manifest are originated in an energetic state, much the same way matter is. This, imo, could be the key to healthy eating. Now, there could be a bias towards vegetable, we are after all primates, and the plant eating side of our evolution may be more relevant, I am not sure, but I do think we can eat meat and be healthy, but it has to follow the same pure natural principle we apply to organically grown vegetables imo.

Add in pure, fresh water, which is a fundamental requirement in good health and you're on the right track to reaching your body's health potential, as long as you take care of the emotional side too. It's a big system to balance, but the principles are quite simple.

Like I said, I'm not there yet, so I may change my view on some things over time, but for now this is more or less my understanding of this.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
One interesting study to corroborate some of the ideas in this thread would be the average lifespans of herbivores, omnivores and carnivores in nature. A cross species study, organised by animal type and size, would be very intersting and could potentially throw up some pattern to enlighten this subject.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I prefer to let bambi and bossy eat the raw vegies so I can have a nice juicy chunk on the barbeque. I don't feel I have missed anything by having a middle man in protein production. Humans are made to eat a variety of items and the body takes what it needs and gets rid of the rest. IMO a shift in conciousness has more to do with meditation and intuitive knowledge.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reading page 2, but this raw food for providing a shift in consciousness, all sounds like placebo effect stuff. the problem with doing anything specifically based off of "spiritual" reasons, is that its all based off the belief system and nothing more. there is no universal law about this stuff. i assure you, because some of my highest states of consciousness were reached when i was eating whatever, whenever. hell, at one time i was just eating cupcake snacks and stuff. the food part was irrelevant to what i was doing with my mind.

i think a lot of time people are just picking pieces of the parts to try to make sense of the whole, and they're missing to many other pieces to even make a sensible argument. i assure you, if you grew up in a society whose ritual was to eat a healthy plate of sheep meat and potatoes before sitting for 3 hours for meditation, it would not phase you, and if anything, would be so programmed into the way you do stuff, that any other ritual of doing so would be ineffective.

if anything, this could be considered a technique for some to help them reach heightened states of consciousness, but you cant market it that way, because it gives the impression that there are other options out there, which in turn messes up the placebo effect, which in turn, loses someone money, and or their own spiritual faith.

this all has to do with belief, like most ritualistic things we do. so i wouldnt say its a bad thing to eat raw foods, but i think you should be asking other questions about the why, before making any assumptions that everyone else is wrong, and this is the better way.

im sure there is an unknown psychic right now eating a mcdonalds cheeseburger somewhere, astral projecting and remote viewing just as easy as it would be to breath, and someone is out there on their vegan spiritual path, and cant even remember their dreams.

i think there is something to fasting a little, or changing your diet a little, to give your mind a break from the effects of smashing down chili dogs everyday (its hard to focus on meditation, remote viewing, etc., if your stomach is bubbling hard, you feel sick, or your gas smells to horrible for you to continue your work, and you have to leave the room for a few minutes.) , but thats a big duh, because moderation should be taken into consideration. how much you can handle is on you.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

One interesting study to corroborate some of the ideas in this thread would be the average lifespans of herbivores, omnivores and carnivores in nature. A cross species study, organised by animal type and size, would be very intersting and could potentially throw up some pattern to enlighten this subject.

in my personal opinion, it would not enlighten this subject at all. as human beings level of potential is higher than that of a bee. i dont want to speak for the bees, snakes, lions, kuala, kangaroos, giraffes, etc.., of the world, but i dont think any of those animals mentioned, and the ones not mentioned, are capable of consciously intending to reach altered states of consciousness through ritualistic practicies. nor, is their environment in any way shape or form similar to the day to day environment of the average human being.

you think a monkey stresses over bills, girlfriends, work, whether someone backed into their car, etc..? no it doesnt, but those added environmental stresses we go through daily, chop away at our mental health, which in turn chops away at our physical health. you could say it just does not "positively" effect our realitys well when we stress, and we have lots to stress over.

there would have to be so much more put into a proper study of that, that it would not be possible to get the data you wish, that we could somehow try to apply to us. the environment of all species plays a major role in their survival, and an even bigger role in human beings. in my opinion, you would just not get the proper data you need from any type of experiment on natures animals, that we could apply to ourselves.

there is so much more to take into consideration when it comes to humans, that the study would not be done properly. there would be no consideration of the mental histories of the individual, or their current mental state, their belief systems, etc.. major things that need to be taken into consideration, that still arent when it comes to mainstream science. thats why we just give people pills and say this will work, and tell them to go on their way, when whats truly hurting them will go unaddressed.

just my opinion

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmy1200

It would show the pattern in nature, and we could see if the same patterns applied to a human diet had the same results, ie, if it showed that herbivores had the highest average lifespan then we could see if that correlates to an equivalent diet type in humans. Fishfood diets seem very healthy, what about the average spans of whales?

It would not be an easy study, and there would have to be some sort of compensation for predation, like only studying zoo animals for example, but it could show patterns, like higher average lifespans for certain diet types, and that could show the way nature is pointing us. Or maybe not, it's just a suggestion.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The one thing I would like to add to this thread. It is very important that you chew your food thoroughly before swallowing. The enzimes in your saliva is suppose to help break down the food before it reaches the stomach. This will help the food digest properly and also helps prevent excess stomach acid. Most of us have forgotten how to chew our food properly which also leads to a poor diet. Raw food will digest better if chewed thoroughly.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

There are many studies to confirm that you get more nutrients out off organic produce then conventional fruits and veggies. This is why we should atleast grow our own food to avoid genetically modified organisms and irradiation.

Yes, and there are many studies that show some organic produce has less than sprayed produce. Besides Organic is not "spray free" as many believe, it is absolutely saturated in copper and pyrethrins which have their own set of health problems. An "organic" friend of mine can't get pregnant.. well she's been doped up on pyrethrin for eons which has been linked to reproductive issues. As far as I know there is no concrete evidence organic food is any more healthy than sprayed food. I have a grandmother that is 87 going on 50, she's never had organic and drinks nasty tap water all day. However she does everything in moderation and keeps very active. Not to mention who can afford "organic" anyway these days..

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
Just rushing out so it's quick..... you're right. I agree for sure, I think. I wish I had the will power to knock all this crap food on the head. Maybe that's an indicator of how far I've still got to go?
I'm actually just going to the shops to get some indigestion tabs! LOL

Take baby steps.

Changing all at once will seriously play havoc with a person's system. I've done it, and it was worth it, but I'd never recommend anyone else changes their diet drastically within a short time.

Work out one improvement you can make, and don't kick yourself if you don't stick to it. Then you can start thinking about another improvement.

If you think creatively, you'll find there are improvements you can make to your diet that you will really enjoy.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Bless the food, thank if for its sacrifice and welcome it into your body fully and completely. Try to feel genuine love and gratitude to it and for it. Appreciate it. Chew it fully, completely, with love. Sense it fully. Feel everything you can. Let it be like a memorable conversation with a loved one or a dear friend.

Bless everything, your family, your food, your garden, your computer, your car. Blessing is like healing, it concentrates the energies we are all floating in to where you are directing it. (A retarded son, while just a toddler, demonstrated that even electrical things can be healed. It still puzzles me, but it happened.) Another aspect of this is to try to obtain your food through people who you feel a goodness in. Everyone who has encountered your food leaves an imprint on it. I'm sure blessing can purify it again, but most of us cannot bless that powerfully.

Really blessing your food, so that you can feel energy coming through you into your food, is good on many levels.
It does something for the food.
The blessing,passing through you, helps heal and cleanse you on its way through.
It's a great way to practice opening yourself up to the numinous and doing healing.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
We need more salt than the medical community has led us to believe. Salt-free is not healthy. Why do you think wildlife go out of their way to find it? It's vitally important to health.

The official decision to advise people to lower their salt intake was made because one in ten people do not excrete extra salt properly. So it was decided that lowering everyones' salt intake would save lives.

It was already known that a mild vitamin C deficiency, (such as most of us suffer constantly,) makes it more difficult to excrete salt. However it has always been against the agenda of western governments to point out the usefulness of any vitamins.

Another "problem" with salt is that we need salt, calcium, potassium and magnesium all in a particular balance. Eating less salt means you can get away with being deficient in the other minerals too, although this does leave you feeling weak all the time. And the less potassium you are having, the more likely you are to retain salt.

When you have an infection, you generally need extra salt to help you fight it. Staying low on salt at that time can keep you sick for much longer. When I have an infection giving me a sore throat, I get the best naturally fermented soy sauce available, and sip at it continually, just having a few drops each time. You wouldn't believe how soothing that is, and how quickly it seems to make me better.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
Would you also condone the eating of raw poultry (chickens)?

I have a friend who is a chef and he has eaten raw chicken on several occasions and says it is very good. I have heard of entire families that always do this.

It tastes great, but don't, not unless it's home-grown and you are certain all your chickens are healthy. Don't even cut up other things on or with anything having traces of raw chicken on them. Wash everything with detergent immediately or you can end up with all sorts of foods getting infected. Chicken is notorious for harbouring salmonella.

Raw lamb can be a problem too. I had a farming friend very slowly die from hydatids which she apparently picked up just from butchering an infected sheep.

Raw, microwaved, cured or smoked pork can give you trichinosis which can mimic the effect of chronic fatigue syndrome, and I suspect it is often the actual, but undiagnosed cause. This could be the reason for the biblical injunctions against eating pork.

Even your raw veges need to be well scrubbed under running water. If you are eating greens from places where infected excrement may be used as fertiliser, they should be blanched in boiling water first.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join