It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raw food eating providing shift in conciousness....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

What studies, may I ask, are you basing your assumptions off of? Research is sometimes skewed by who funds the research. Read papers that come out of Fred Hutchinson Cancer Institute about raw food versus cooked food, or Johns Hopkins University.

When it comes to what I read I always ask myself to consider the source, and as Lenin instructs us to ask: to whose benefit?

Note: not trying to snark or challenge you. This is a health issue and I want everyone to be healthy. I am not necessarily agreeing that raw food produces magical effects, but I do know that when I went raw I felt better, looked better, and had more energy. I also did not experience muscle mass loss like one would expect from a lack of protein--but then again, I did bend the rules and ate sushi and carpaccio.

Of course, it is hard to stay raw because cooked food tastes yummy....

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
LOL ask anyone to eat cooked food without the added salt, herbs and flavourings and then tell me if it tastes yummy?

There are raw food recipes that mimic main meals.

I also am not implying it creates a magical phenomena but more inline with spiritual awakening. I guess another thing is if you are on the path or allow your being to experience such awakenings is what im trying to get at. Another reason why im so open to the spiritual aspects in this thread is because i put it in the phenomena section, not the magical phenomena section but wouldn't it be great to fly

Other then that you wont be able to fly or make yourself invisible with it hehe.

Rintendo i dont mind if they ask or explain such studies it just gives me a chance to further explain the misconceptions about raw lifestyle in more detail. It is kind off foreign to alot off people and its great to share ideas for and against so lets keep this civil.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by meadowfairy]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by meadowfairy
By the way there are healthy junk foods you can eat without the anxiety such as raw icecream, raw chocolate, raw pudding, raw cakes etc without the guilt. But as someoone mentioned in order to avoid guilt you can bless your food and ejoy every bite.

don't all those things have tons of sugar in them? that is one of the worst things you can eat. the only sugary thing besides fruit that is good for you is honey.
here is a healthy junk food for you. CHAI TEA! not the crap in a teabag either. i'm talking real homemade. everything in it is good for you all the way down to the milk and honey. if anyone is interested i will post a recipe.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by siree

Originally posted by meadowfairy
By the way there are healthy junk foods you can eat without the anxiety such as raw icecream, raw chocolate, raw pudding, raw cakes etc without the guilt. But as someoone mentioned in order to avoid guilt you can bless your food and ejoy every bite.

don't all those things have tons of sugar in them? that is one of the worst things you can eat. the only sugary thing besides fruit that is good for you is honey.
here is a healthy junk food for you. CHAI TEA! not the crap in a teabag either. i'm talking real homemade. everything in it is good for you all the way down to the milk and honey. if anyone is interested i will post a recipe.

Siree hehe so cute. No the raw food cakes, icecreams, chocolates etc are made with fruit or nuts, raw cacao, avocado and banana, sweeteners are fruit, honey, agave syrup.

Here is an example of raw food desset recipes with pictures to give you an idea
www.welikeitraw.com...

People do eat alot of fruit and avocados in raw diets to give them sustained filling. Some even eat up to 20 banana's. It also depends how you want to eat those foods. Every individual eats the way the want thats why its called a lifestyle rather then a diet because there is no set guidelines on how to eat raw foods except that you eat.

You can see before and after pictures here:
images.google.com.au...

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Food can easily be cooked with no added salt, spices or herbs and have it still taste wonderful. That depends on the cooking technique. But why would you need to do that? You don't have to eat raw foods that way either. What's wrong with herbs? We need more salt than the medical community has led us to believe. Salt-free is not healthy. Why do you think wildlife go out of their way to find it? It's vitally important to health.

The fact is that we don't know enough about anything to say what is good and what is bad. What if people are developing differently so that some *need* junk foods and some *need* whole foods? What if we are dividing into subspecies? What if any of the other myriad scenarios are playing out on the planet?

We should just focus on what makes us truly happy and let the rest go. Happy people are what we need. The rest is irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Food can easily be cooked with no added salt, spices or herbs and have it still taste wonderful. That depends on the cooking technique. But why would you need to do that? You don't have to eat raw foods that way either. What's wrong with herbs? We need more salt than the medical community has led us to believe. Salt-free is not healthy. Why do you think wildlife go out of their way to find it? It's vitally important to health.

The fact is that we don't know enough about anything to say what is good and what is bad. What if people are developing differently so that some *need* junk foods and some *need* whole foods? What if we are dividing into subspecies? What if any of the other myriad scenarios are playing out on the planet?

We should just focus on what makes us truly happy and let the rest go. Happy people are what we need. The rest is irrelevant.

Yes we actually use sea salt and himalayan salt. Nothing wrong with herbs and spices we use that in raw food too. But just giving an example that even cooked food dont taste great without some of the flavourings as much as people think raw tastes awful. And if you are concerned about iodine we get it from kelp, seaweed and irish moss.

I dont know about you but i do care about what i put into my body and what i send back out into the universe and the energies given off to the earth. Bleached Sugar(how much people get from junk which inturn can lead to diabetes and pcos) is very damaging to the body and so is bleached and chemicalised table salt.

I agree we need happier lives and happier people and raw food helps with depression and people report their not as angry anymore but are more happier and alive then ever. Many have gotten off allsorts of medication and depression medicines after embarking on this lifestyle. Which im sure is why big pharma and doctors who make money off medication fight against it. But then they got irradiation and GMO to destroy our foods.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

You know, Cosmic Egg, I really truly physically felt better on the raw food, but I realized that life was short. Maybe I will grow older quicker, maybe I won't have as much energy, but rammit! I wanted hot buttered popcorn while watching a movie. I wanted hot cocoa when it snowed. I wanted a chocolate cappuccino.

So maybe I will be less healthy, but I also derive a sense of happiness from cooking that is irreplaceable.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by meadowfairy

Maybe they only needed the medications because of all the rubbish they were eating in their food.

Having said that, pure foods won't make you happy if you aren't able to accept the change in lifestyle to go with it. There are a lot of them. When I made that change, it cost me my entire social circle. So be it. I have no problem making new friends but I also know that it was more the lack of acceptance on their part that caused the problems. I certainly wasn't preaching about it nor did I even feel the need to discuss it. They just weren't comfortable with any of the changes in me. Some people are threatened by change.

Which leads me back around to my original point here which is: Live and let live. If you're happy with it, be happy with it. If others want to eat other stuff, it's their business to do so. The best you can do is to wish them well and hope they do the same for you. Preaching never wins. And preaching to the converted is a waste of time you could spend meditating.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rintendo
reply to post by CosmicEgg

You know, Cosmic Egg, I really truly physically felt better on the raw food, but I realized that life was short. Maybe I will grow older quicker, maybe I won't have as much energy, but rammit! I wanted hot buttered popcorn while watching a movie. I wanted hot cocoa when it snowed. I wanted a chocolate cappuccino.

So maybe I will be less healthy, but I also derive a sense of happiness from cooking that is irreplaceable.

LIke i said you can have your cake and eat it too. Cooked foods were driven into us since we were babies so us old rawdies are making ago with it for our children and future generations. Thats my role as a parent. My child will look upon cooked food as we look upon raw now.

Ciao bello. Hope you have a wonderful long quality of life people's no matter what road you take. Must go

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rintendo

So have it! I'm not advocating anything except happiness. When you find it, keep it for as long as it lasts. It may not make you happy one day. I know that from vast experience too.

When food starts to run short though, remember what I said about blessing your food and really experiencing while you eat. I promise you, the food will go much farther. But that still has nothing to do with what you eat, only how you do it. It's all in the intent.

Everything is about the intent.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Beautiful way of putting it cosmic goodnight.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i don't know about you all, but i love food!

there's so much out there that's incredibly easy to cook and obtain, why are we having such problems with obesity and malnutrition in this country?!

well, we're starting to realize that they can put whatever they want in food, and then they "sugar-coat" the nutrition "facts" into making you think that since the product was evaluated by the FDA, or ADA, it's entirely safe for you. however, when you start to learn the real truths about sucralose, high-fructose corn syrup, fluoride, aspartame, and many, many other artificial, non-natural ingredients, one's view of these "official" organizations changes a little...

aside from cooking off most nutrients, i've heard that freezing fruits and vegetables is just as detrimental to their nutritional value as cooking them, if not worse...

anyhow, i found this post, by member "wintersun" from David Wilcock's website, rather enlightening:

Just to point out.. Did you see my recent topic on visions? And do you know when they started to look like visions? Try and guess

Yes, after I stopped eating meat! Coincidence? I don't think so. I think I really cleansed my astral body by making that move, and believe it or not, It's only a month since I become a vegetarian! It helped my body finally start using its full potential.

So it DEFINETLY is not the same.

Now, another reason. Animals are MORE spiritualy evolved than plants, therefore, they couse more bad karma! So its like choosing the lesser evil, since we can't be karmicaly uninvolved.

HOWEVER, there is a theory that plants ARE MEANT to be eaten, and therefore LIKE to be eaten, since, believe it or not, IT IS THEIR LIVES PURPOSE . Grass likes to be walked on, so does apple likes to be eaten, and David mentions that in one of his recent audioblogs.

So, there you have it. Hope this helps.

Oh another point.. Some guy once said:

THE ANIMALS ARE MY FRIENDS, AND I DON'T EAT MY FRIENDS.

www.divinecosmos.com...

well that's just like your, opinion, man...

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Can you outline for us what type of raw foods you eat.. As a guide to the rest of us? I am trying to avoid meat... which I know brings us down vibrationaly...Please make a list of raw foods you indulge in for the rest of us that want to change and better ourselves.

Thanks!

[edit on 30-11-2008 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Okay, here is how we eat in our family. I am much stricter than the others because of my role as healer, etc.

I buy only what is in season and locally produced. I buy organic as much as possible. I bake my own breads for which use a self-made starter (it's many years old already). I use sea salt and Himalayan salt, as meadowfairy stated she does as well. I use organic dried herbs and fresh when I can. They are different and produce different effects. I use berries - dried berries or reconstituted.

At this time of year, I use roots and bulbs to make stews. I also use beans and pulses quite often, but roots are preferable. The rule is that if Nature provides it, it is what you are meant to be eating.

I'll quickly give you an example of a typical stew. This is enough to feed a family of five (four adults and a 13-year-old) for three days. Bless/thank/welcome and wash two medium-sized rutabaga, five carrots, three onions, five potatoes and a nice celery root. Peel the rutabagas if needs be (their skins can be woody). Thank them again as you do it. Pour some oil to cover the bottom of a cast iron casserole/dutch oven (depending on where you call it). Keep the bottle out because you'll need to add more to keep browning stuff. cut them all into 1½ inch (5cm) chunks, only because it's a nice size. You please yourself. Brown the rutabaga in the hot oil. Just stir now and then. Add the potatoes. Keep adding oil as it's absorbed but only enough! It should only be along the bottom, never higher than half an inch when the pot is full of chunks. Just stir to prevent burning. Even if some burn a bit (I mean get a bit too dark, not catch on fire), it doesn't matter. You'll see. Add the rest of the stuff and stir to heat everything up well. After maybe 15 minutes, fill with fresh, cold water. Turn it to whatever setting is around simmer and let it be for a while. You can add some bay leaves (I have two growing in the kitchen and I live in the frozen north). You can add some lavender flowers. They are nice. You can add a spoonful of Marmite or Vegemite. It's only yeast and salt. If you really want to, and I used to use such things in Ye Olde Days, you can add a cupful of white wine to it. Nothing wrong with that. But you just let it simmer. It will be good for many a meal. Flavor it to suit your taste. In time though, these things will need less and less embellishment and you'll be able to eat it prepared from just the cooked roots.

Cooking comes from the heart. I never use recipes. You just feel the day and it tells you what should be for dinner. If you're so fortunate, try using mashed avocado in place of butter on bread or in sandwiches to replace mayonnaise. There are so many animal products that are easy to replace if you just open your mind and your palate to something new. Don't buy any salty or sweet snacks. Buy some nuts or seeds instead. Don't even give the option of other rubbish to enter your home. YOU have to make the call. Be strong. It's easy once you take back your own mind.

Edit: Hey, and keep apples and dried berries on hand. Berries can have sugar but try to mix the sweetened with unsweetened. Nuts are fabulous for filling you up and also lowering cholesterol if you have that problem. My husband had really high cholesterol and in three months of eating veggie foods and nuts, it was admirably low. The doctors wouldn't believe it. They said there must have been a mistake in his initial reading. lol Oh, modern medicine! You have to pity them.

[edit on 30/11/2008 by CosmicEgg]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Very cool article, and as always thanks for sharing...

Would you also condone the eating of raw poultry (chickens)?

I have a friend who is a chef and he has eaten raw chicken on several occasions and says it is very good. I have heard of entire families that always do this.

Would you believe that in the same way you consume the "life" of the plant by eating it raw, would you believe that you consume the "life" of the chicken by eating it raw?

Just throwing it out there, not trying to start a flame war as I seem to be notorious for.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
boooooring....

The only difference between raw and cooked food is the chemical reactions cooked food has been forced to undergo.

Of course raw vegetables are more nutritious, as they have less carcinogens in them, then. It's the same with meats.

This is so trite.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
(From "The God-Eaters," A.Dragon, channeled communication )

"We are more of a universal presence than you think. Our presence is contained in all foodstuffs. It is the organic compound that contains the molecule of awareness. All foodstuffs contain this compound, but certain foodstuffs contain this compound in a greater concentration. We feel those are more significant. We have dedicated our lives to their understanding. So far we have seen a profound effect upon the cellular structure. It is the genetic structure that determines the shape you currently abide in [the human form].

"...Significant shifts in destiny and evolution occur daily in the sentient condition. Many lifeforms have come to a conscious awareness and control of those shifts yet it is most determined by the adherence to a particular dietary pattern.

"The whole idea is to feed your power. Humanity has not come to that understanding yet."

Just another pointview, but pertaining, imo.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
Raw food eating.
Being another way to hide vegetarians.
Is killing people.
Not helping them.
Human beings can NOT get the required amount of protein to form T cells just from vegetables.
Human beings require a diverse diet, not a limited diet.

Thats funny... I see humans dying all the time due to heart attacks.. cancers... Its obvious the path we are going is not the right path.. As much as I love meat( I can see you do) you have to admit eating it is not neccesary.. we can get all of our proteins from nuts and certain veggies..We don't need to eat meat.. unless you are in a survival situatition where you cannot get any other food.. meat should not be eaten.. Again just because you love somthing doesn't mean you shouldnt be able to look at it from an objective point of view..

[edit on 30-11-2008 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by siree

I'd be interested in that, I still use green tea when I make my brews, but I do like to make my own herbal teas.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by roknhrdcor
boooooring....

The only difference between raw and cooked food is the chemical reactions cooked food has been forced to undergo.

Of course raw vegetables are more nutritious, as they have less carcinogens in them, then. It's the same with meats.

This is so trite.

Wow, you read through everyone's replies and two pages, to find not much disagreement but understanding and interest, yet still felt the need to waste not only ours but YOUR time posting about how boring the topic is.

Nothing else to do eh?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join