It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raw food eating providing shift in conciousness....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
alchemyden.webs.com...
Further reading: www.naturaw.com...
Excerpt:
...The importance of a Raw Food and Pure Water Diet

Written by Jodie Arnold - 24 October, 2008 - subject to international copyright

These articles reflect the personal experience and opinion of its author. Such information is not designed to offend any international laws or customs of belief but merely to offer truth enlightenment as discerned by the outcome of validated meditative research by its provider.

When shifting consciousness - leaving behind illusion and embracing truth - a sort of purification and clarity process takes place from the ethereal into the physical. Part of the process includes a natural inclination towards purification and diversifying the diet and liquid consumption of a diet.

Why does this happen?

Because the subconscious is more attuned to what the body requires to be instinctively nourished and to function in optimum within the physical environment. When the consciousness shifts, and expands its consciousness awareness, it starts to rationalise those things which dont match the intuitive and instinctive senses. One of the big things that gets noticed is the quality of diet and the forraging of food and water and how it compares (ie what is done by habit in the world and how it doesnt equate to the reality of which the person independantly lives).

To exist as a human on earth, there is a value in food, water and shelter. With food and water, when an overall appraisal of food is taken, factors such as source, quality, amounts and effects are the general factors explored by the average person. In sumation, the basic levels of purity available to be taken advantage of and how it will effect the persons wellness.

A man by the name of Casimar Funk discovered the role of vitamins in human nutrition. As years passed, minerals and trace elements were 'discovered'. Food enzymes are very important just as vitamins are to a persons health and wellbeing plus ability to transposing ethereal vitality into the physical world. Dr Edward Howell was the person who discovered food enzymes and how they interact with the physical vehicle (and thus to consciousness shifters, this is very important to the management and utilisation of light through their ethereal vitality). The current consensus of the world dismisses this man's lifetime work - whether through deliberate ignorance or as a misunderstanding - simply because it would pave the way for revolutionary enlightened change in the nutritional diet of humanity against that modern diet which is provided or nutured as 'the true diet' but although commerically profiteering for the consensus, is not beneficial to our greater long term wellbeing.

This is a big statement to make, but it is one of truth relevant to everybody, but especially one of utmost importance to those undertaking the consciousness shift. It could be said as an nutritionist, Dr Howell was one of the pioneers of western healing through nutritional and physical therapies into treating advanced human illness. He was the first researcher to recognise the importance of food enzymes in digestive and metabolism processes of his clients through nutrition. He wrote a book called Enzyme Nutrition, but the available version of it is abridged. Detailed information to look into the relevance of the food enzyme is all contained within, but will be covered briefly here for ease of simple understanding and referencing.

What is raw food?

Raw food is food that is so fresh, it is uncooked and still has the life force reverberating within it during the time it is eaten; in its raw state. Of course I am talking about plant matter. For the consciousness shifting person, this is integral to optimum inner balance and physical wellbeing. So is knowing why it all is important as to how it is important and what approach should be taken to utilise the raw food diet to its optimum potential.

Respect for nature is very important. And as silly as it may sound, genuine respect for nature is essential in order to obtain the life force benefits of the raw food. Nurturing the plant as it grows - organically so as to also nurture mother earth - and then prior to harvesting, tendering it some respect by literally asking for its permission to be eaten and thus consume its light energy within your own, does make a big difference. Often we hear people mocking others about how they talk to their plants, but as plants are a living organism with its own life force, also provided as an extention of the overall divine source, those who talk to their plants and commune with the earth energy, do recieve a greater bounty, a brighter life force to consume, and a seemingly 'against the odds' phenomenon of flourishing crops despite minimal physical investment.

How did the modern world come to be a cooked and processed diet consumer, if we are meant to be eating raw food diets?

If one actually thought about it, dissected each of the earthly universal fractal realms and looked at what it comprised and how each nourishes, humanity as a whole is the only organism that eats a non raw food dominant diet. Its only until recent times in the last severeal thousand years, when humans discovered the benefits of how cooking food made unpalatable items edible by tasting better and even certain foods kept in storage longer for later use, that the imbalances in the epoch old natural diet occurred. Despite this millenia's old habit, the human physiological form has not changed in millions of years, and so it is still perfectly adaptable to reconsider and re-embrace the traditional raw food diet at any stage and also foster the energy life force that is our being within this earth reality (the portal to which light enters from the universe).

The last paragraphs continued in link...

[edit on 30-11-2008 by meadowfairy]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Forgot to mention that yes i have had wonderful experiences whilst eating uncooked food from nature. I always wondered about animals 6th sense and why its so natural to them but lost throughout the centuries with humans. When you observe animals from the wild they only eat from what nature provides. I have come to the conclusion that to support our bodies and our etheric bodies we have to eat from the source that sustains us and that is nature. Nature has always nurtured and sustained us and its time to give back to nature.
I have had so many spiritual awakenings and innate gifts that seem to have sprung forth upon me. There is sometthing about eating this way that feels so natural and it feels like you have driven all the demons away from you. You come
alive for the first time in years and energy is soaring to that off a child, you look and feel young again.
It had me wonder why mainstream has suppressed this knowledge and why we have succumbed to eat food devoid of nutrients and come down with significant illness. I came to the conclusion, an epiphany if you may that what we put inside our bodies causes our many ills as to what we do outside our bodies that impact it in such ways as skincancer and accidents.
It took me alot off courage and forcing myself away from modern foods to give this way of eating a try and i must say that i grew accustomed to this natural way off eating. I at first, could not handle the thought of eating natural foods but then my taste buds grew to wanting to eat those foods and shun the cooked/processed foods that the damaging/supermarket foods actually tasted gross to me. I could actually taste the chemicals in it as much as i can taste the sprays on non organic foods. Your tastes and senses come alive and now i know why most animals can sense things more then us humans can. I have this instinctive senses that to me seem like i'am from another realm. To put it lightly your inner being changes and you glow and you give off energy that seems to attract people they want to be in your presence.
It is quite hard to describe how i feel when i eat this way. It is unlike any other food you eat it actually makes you feel in a sense unreal but more real then anything you ever imagined.
I say experience this way of eating for a couple of months(atleast to ease out off the detox phase), research it at length, read pubmed studies on it before you can consider the conclusions of how it makes you feel and your regards to it in a spiritual sense.
There is much to explore in this amazing world and this is one of them and one way of feeling awakened to the truth of our existence.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Ok first of all the human body isnt that good at getting nutrients out of foods,so you will get the exact same nutrients from fresh vs cooked vegetables,the rest you will excrete,thats a fact.So if you enjoy eating uncooked veggies good for you,but its no better nutritional wise than cooked vegetables.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
There are many studies to confirm that you get more nutrients out off organic produce then conventional fruits and veggies. This is why we should atleast grow our own food to avoid genetically modified organisms and irradiation. The other reasons for voided nutrients is because our soils have become so severely deficient that we need to supplement those sources that used to be high in the soil such as iodine, zinc, selenium etc. These can be obtained from superfoods and animal foods. Although i dont always condone eating animal foods if you want to heighten your spiritual path. I personally have no problem with it as i still eat it once a week with no change in my spiritual awareness.
Extra vitamins and minerals will be excreted but those needed by the body will be in full motion.
There is a big difference i have felt between eating raw and cooked. Cooked food now tastes dead to my body. I have also cured many ills that mainstream deems uncurable but which everyone fears talking about.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by meadowfairy
There are many studies to confirm that you get more nutrients out off organic produce then conventional fruits and veggies. This is why we should atleast grow our own food to avoid genetically modified organisms and irradiation. The other reasons for voided nutrients is because our soils have become so severely deficient that we need to supplement those sources that used to be high in the soil such as iodine, zinc, selenium etc. These can be obtained from superfoods and animal foods. Although i dont always condone eating animal foods if you want to heighten your spiritual path. I personally have no problem with it as i still eat it once a week with no change in my spiritual awareness.
Extra vitamins and minerals will be excreted but those needed by the body will be in full motion.
There is a big difference i have felt between eating raw and cooked. Cooked food now tastes dead to my body. I have also cured many ills that mainstream deems uncurable but which everyone fears talking about.

There is absolutely no evidence at all,yes there are more nutrients in uncooked foods vs cooked foods,but like i said the human digestive system is so poor at getting them that cooked vegetables still have enough nutrients for your body to absorb and still have some left to get rid of that it doesnt need.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

Originally posted by meadowfairy

There is absolutely no evidence at all,yes there are more nutrients in uncooked foods vs cooked foods,but like i said the human digestive system is so poor at getting them that cooked vegetables still have enough nutrients for your body to absorb and still have some left to get rid of that it doesnt need.

This is where the basis off enzymes and hydrochloric acid comes in. You can get you stomach working simply by eating green leafy vegetables. Enzymes is pretty much controversial and there is for and against in regards to the studies of enzymes from raw produce.
Victoria Boutenko who describes obtaining hydrochloric acid from green leafy veggies and drinking green smoothies will help get your stomach absorbing the nutrients you need.
Basically eating and rotating a variety of leafy greens especially wheatgrass can help bring about proper digestive balance, the ratio of acids in your stomach and making your blood highly alkaline.
What we dont realise is that what we think is unobtainable from nature has always been provided to us by nature. Anythign we think there is no cure for ther eis its jsut been supressed by mainstream. This is whole different subject alltogether and one that i dont like to get into. Seemingly because we are so driven for others to teach us the right way.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by meadowfairy

"When shifting consciousness - leaving behind illusion and embracing truth - a sort of purification and clarity process takes place from the ethereal into the physical. Part of the process includes a natural inclination towards purification and diversifying the diet and liquid consumption of a diet."

I've agreed with this type of thing for a while, it just seems right... the more enlightened and 'natural' we become the more we crave to be at one with nature and rid ourselves of nasty chemicals and bad food stuffs. The problem I have is that nowhere in my experience is there any evidence. Generally people do this the other way round... in order to reach enlightenment they change their diet... it's not enlightenment changing their diet.

I'm closer to being enlightened than most but am far from being there. I do think that I've possibly experienced this shift in consciousness though a long time ago... but I still eat a load of junk food... is this going to stop me from aquiring the next level of enlighenment?

V nice post btw.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Thankyou and14263
Yes enlightment or change in awareness can be obtained without the need to change your diet. This just gives that extra edge for more clarity and more heightened awareness and possibly tuning your gifts if you not already had them.
I know alot of people just go vegan or vegetarian on their spiritual adventures. But i trully dont think this is enough and i dont like to say it there is this superior attitude with raw food compared to cooked and i will have to say this bluntly because its true. Whether its perceived that way or not depends on the individual and their experiences with it. But ask many raw foodists and they will attest to this.
It is hard to describe and it snot sometthing i can force upon people but speak of my true experiences with it.
Alot of People will just read it this and say blah whatever another testimonial os to speak. It is not until one trully experiences certain aspect off sometthign they cna come to the conclusion it is right for their being.
But as with everything its not for everyone.
There is somethtign in the back of my mind though there are different types of raw foodists and they are:
Vegan/vegetarian raw foodists
certain percentage raw foodists those that still eat a little cooked food but more raw food
Fruitarians
and
Paleolithic.

These different types depends on individual needs and i wonder if these different types of diets will be the way off the future to fit alot of peoples needs. Since raw food is already big in the US, UK and europe its slowly heading as the way to eat when the golden age arrives. So this might be the instance of the varied ways of eating raw foods that will suit everyones needs, wants and tastes.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Just rushing out so it's quick..... you're right. I agree for sure, I think. I wish I had the will power to knock all this crap food on the head. Maybe that's an indicator of how far I've still got to go?
I'm actually just going to the shops to get some indigestion tabs! LOL

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What we lack is an understanding of what foods really do to us because we don't actually know what anything does, in fact, to anything else. We only think we know because we think we know what we ought to observe. This gives us only the info we believe is correct because we don't actually know what we could see since we don't know what we aren't yet aware of.

Unfortunately, we have also polluted our environment, and likewise our bodies, to the extent that it's unlikely we can rectify the situation eating foods that would normally be good for us.

One thing we can leave by the wayside is the idea that we need the amounts and varieties of foods we've been told we do. Food can be thought of more as a corrective measure or an assimilation of our environment more than a sustenance. We can actually live very well without much food. What we miss is the events, the communing with other energies, that we have made part of dining.

To my experience, blessing food (focussed gratitude during preparation and consumption) causes the food to go farther, to be more satisfying and prevents spoilage. This is the conclusion I've come to over a four year "experiment" at home.

Food has always been a passion for me. I studied Medical Laboratory in my youth. I studied at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris. I worked at Dean & DeLuca in NYC for years. I ran a pastry business for many years here in the city where I live now.

I know the official line on microbes, nutrients, metabolism, etc. I know the concepts behind preparation, flavour/texture combining/contrasting, visual effects, etc. I also know that as a result of my awakening, what food really means. In fact, you can turn just about whatever quality of food into sustenance if needs be simply by blessing it.

Bless the food, thank if for its sacrifice and welcome it into your body fully and completely. Try to feel genuine love and gratitude to it and for it. Appreciate it. Chew it fully, completely, with love. Sense it fully. Feel everything you can. Let it be like a memorable conversation with a loved one or a dear friend.

When you start to learn more about foods in this way, you will know what to eat because your body will tell you. Sometimes it may be cooked, sometimes fresh. Sometimes you'll want only coffee and red wine. Other times it will be only steamed rice.

You will learn so much about so many things when you stop pressing your ideas and start to let ideas and concepts flow to you. I've said it in other respects just as I say it here: We know nothing about anything. Yet all the information and knowledge is there when we allow ourselves to receive it.

link   
Raw food eating.
Being another way to hide vegetarians.
Is killing people.
Not helping them.
Human beings can NOT get the required amount of protein to form T cells just from vegetables.
Human beings require a diverse diet, not a limited diet.

link   
this is all really true i have experienced it. everyone knows that natural food is good for you but no one knows how much you will actually change and how much better you will feel if you only eat what is good, but you have to give it some time for all the junk to be out of your system.
eating raw veggies is good but yes, a lot of people's bodies have trouble with it. there is arguing about whether cooking veggies destroys the nutrients but it mostly depends on how and how long you cook them. this is how i see it. when you eat a raw carrot, you are eating something that is alive and full of energy. when you cook a carrot, you pretty much kill off all the life that was in it. it becomes something different. most people only care about nutritional value, well i am telling you that spiritual value is more important.
but you also have to know what works for you. if raw veggies upset your tummy then you are doing yourself no good by eating them. healthy food is only healthy if your body can handle it. the best way to cook veggies is steaming them. things like onions, garlic, tomatos, celery... don't eat them at all. though people say they are good for you they actually upset your system and put you into overdrive.
fresh fruit is also good. it is great for your system only if you eat fruit by itself. if you eat fruit with anything else it ferments in your stomach because your tummy digests fruit differently from other foods. it is best to eat it in the morning when your tummy is totally empty, that way the acid in it will give your tummy a jumpstart and help balance things out.
for years i had really bad acid reflux, and then a friend talked me into going on an all natural diet. i was on it for 2 weeks. after just a few days the reflux was totally gone, and even though i had to quit smoking, drinking, and coffee cold turkey for the diet, everyone was noticing that i was more calm and my concentration was a lot better. want to quit smoking? try an all natural diet.
on top of all that i was getting a lot of exercise and i had never felt so good in my life. my mind was so calm that i swear i could hear other people thinking. i felt like a superhero.
when 2 weeks was over i didn't really feel like eating junk food anymore. when i did i could really notice a difference, and how much like crap i feel after i eat anything that is not natural. i will say that right now i am about %90 still on the diet and i am doing pretty good. it is only when i eat junk food that i do not feel at my best. there is very clearly a bad affect from it. i feel really sorry for people who eat mcdonalds every day.
everyone should try this. at first it is not easy and it takes a lot of self control, but it is real and true and if you give it enough time and do it right you will be very happy you did.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Spiritual value is just alot of crap,humans have been cooking food since we knew how to create fire...other animals are biologically built to take lots of nutrients from plant matter,we are not because we are omnivores....not herbivores.But yes i agree its how you cook the vegetables,i was thinking that was a given...obviosuly if you boil a vegetable for 4 hours it isnt going to be too good for you.But cooking normally there is still enough nutrients for your body to absorb,eating raw vegetables your body still takes the nutrients it needs then discards the rest....this is something people fail to understand...

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263

Just rushing out so it's quick..... you're right. I agree for sure, I think. I wish I had the will power to knock all this crap food on the head. Maybe that's an indicator of how far I've still got to go?
I'm actually just going to the shops to get some indigestion tabs! LOL

Ive been down that road and14263. This food sounds awful at first but you do infact get used to it. If you can search up green smoothies its the way people start off with getting extra nutrition into the body and they taste sweet and great too as its mixed with fruit. Might look like sludge or goop but once you taste it never go back. There is also raw food desserts and funnily enough its another thing people start on when embarking on this lifestyle.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
What we lack is an understanding of what foods really do to us because we don't actually know what anything does, in fact, to anything else. We only think we know because we think we know what we ought to observe. This gives us only the info we believe is correct because we don't actually know what we could see since we don't know what we aren't yet aware of.

Unfortunately, we have also polluted our environment, and likewise our bodies, to the extent that it's unlikely we can rectify the situation eating foods that would normally be good for us.

One thing we can leave by the wayside is the idea that we need the amounts and varieties of foods we've been told we do. Food can be thought of more as a corrective measure or an assimilation of our environment more than a sustenance. We can actually live very well without much food. What we miss is the events, the communing with other energies, that we have made part of dining.

To my experience, blessing food (focussed gratitude during preparation and consumption) causes the food to go farther, to be more satisfying and prevents spoilage. This is the conclusion I've come to over a four year "experiment" at home.

Food has always been a passion for me. I studied Medical Laboratory in my youth. I studied at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris. I worked at Dean & DeLuca in NYC for years. I ran a pastry business for many years here in the city where I live now.

I know the official line on microbes, nutrients, metabolism, etc. I know the concepts behind preparation, flavour/texture combining/contrasting, visual effects, etc. I also know that as a result of my awakening, what food really means. In fact, you can turn just about whatever quality of food into sustenance if needs be simply by blessing it.

Bless the food, thank if for its sacrifice and welcome it into your body fully and completely. Try to feel genuine love and gratitude to it and for it. Appreciate it. Chew it fully, completely, with love. Sense it fully. Feel everything you can. Let it be like a memorable conversation with a loved one or a dear friend.

When you start to learn more about foods in this way, you will know what to eat because your body will tell you. Sometimes it may be cooked, sometimes fresh. Sometimes you'll want only coffee and red wine. Other times it will be only steamed rice.

You will learn so much about so many things when you stop pressing your ideas and start to let ideas and concepts flow to you. I've said it in other respects just as I say it here: We know nothing about anything. Yet all the information and knowledge is there when we allow ourselves to receive it.

Cosmic i totally agree much about what you mentioned blessing off the food, eating little is how raw food diet goes down. Most people transition froma raw food diet to completely little food to eventually getting energy from the sun. These people are in the extreme category so i dont recommend. But as i mentioned above there is a varied raw food diets. Most of which include meat too and paleo which i dont recommend myself.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
Raw food eating.
Being another way to hide vegetarians.
Is killing people.
Not helping them.
Human beings can NOT get the required amount of protein to form T cells just from vegetables.
Human beings require a diverse diet, not a limited diet.

Captivecaveman much criticism about this too. You get get alot of protein from leafy greens especially green smoothies, rice protein, spirulina and wheatgrass has all the complete amino acids meat does. Humans really only require 30% protein. It is conventional mainstream that gives us the idea we need more protein when in essence we dont. They push protein for the meat and dairy industries (revenue). Meat and dairy industries sponsor their own studies.
But another thing is you do not need to be vegetarian or vegan to eat a raw food diet. Veganism seems to have taken a stronghold on the diet. You cna still eat a little cooked meat on the diet or if you are daring there are alot of raw meat eating paleolithic eaters out there. Again i dont recommend eating raw meat lol.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by siree
this is all really true i have experienced it. everyone knows that natural food is good for you but no one knows how much you will actually change and how much better you will feel if you only eat what is good, but you have to give it some time for all the junk to be out of your system.
eating raw veggies is good but yes, a lot of people's bodies have trouble with it. there is arguing about whether cooking veggies destroys the nutrients but it mostly depends on how and how long you cook them. this is how i see it. when you eat a raw carrot, you are eating something that is alive and full of energy. when you cook a carrot, you pretty much kill off all the life that was in it. it becomes something different. most people only care about nutritional value, well i am telling you that spiritual value is more important.
but you also have to know what works for you. if raw veggies upset your tummy then you are doing yourself no good by eating them. healthy food is only healthy if your body can handle it. the best way to cook veggies is steaming them. things like onions, garlic, tomatos, celery... don't eat them at all. though people say they are good for you they actually upset your system and put you into overdrive.
fresh fruit is also good. it is great for your system only if you eat fruit by itself. if you eat fruit with anything else it ferments in your stomach because your tummy digests fruit differently from other foods. it is best to eat it in the morning when your tummy is totally empty, that way the acid in it will give your tummy a jumpstart and help balance things out.
for years i had really bad acid reflux, and then a friend talked me into going on an all natural diet. i was on it for 2 weeks. after just a few days the reflux was totally gone, and even though i had to quit smoking, drinking, and coffee cold turkey for the diet, everyone was noticing that i was more calm and my concentration was a lot better. want to quit smoking? try an all natural diet.
on top of all that i was getting a lot of exercise and i had never felt so good in my life. my mind was so calm that i swear i could hear other people thinking. i felt like a superhero.
when 2 weeks was over i didn't really feel like eating junk food anymore. when i did i could really notice a difference, and how much like crap i feel after i eat anything that is not natural. i will say that right now i am about %90 still on the diet and i am doing pretty good. it is only when i eat junk food that i do not feel at my best. there is very clearly a bad affect from it. i feel really sorry for people who eat mcdonalds every day.
everyone should try this. at first it is not easy and it takes a lot of self control, but it is real and true and if you give it enough time and do it right you will be very happy you did.

Yes the most important thing is eliminating the garbage that goes into your diet. Thats the first step in feeling and getting better. The next step is to research all you can about eating raw because at first it will upset you or you will detox if your system is very sensitive. A great way to get used to it is the green smoothies as i mentioned its the best way to ease into it.
There is much information out there about raw food combining to avoid the many pitfalls and ills that can be associated with not being used to eating this way.
You can steam, lightly fry and juice veggies if they dont go down too well. Alot of the veggies you mentioned are the deadly nightshade family tomatoes etc. Although no raw foodist i have kow has died from it. There are big raw no no's like rhubarb that shouldnt be eaten raw.
By the way there are healthy junk foods you can eat without the anxiety such as raw icecream, raw chocolate, raw pudding, raw cakes etc without the guilt. But as someoone mentioned in order to avoid guilt you can bless your food and ejoy every bite.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I really don't know why that reply to button doesn't work but this is my reply to you, meadowfairy.

My reply to your OP was to say that this is all entirely possible given the right conditions vis-a-vis the frame of mind. That's actually the only thing that is important. If a person is convinced they need meat and potatoes daily, they will most certainly need it. It's an addiction of sorts. You believe it is good for you and so it is, no matter what any other evidence may tell you. That's why scientific study is useless. It's also why whole foods are good for some and for others it's a form of torture.

It won't be long before we can't afford the foods we're used to eating. The only way to adapt to this change will be to change your relationship to food. Stop *demanding* from it and start *accepting* it in its entirety.

As for the poster up there who says we can't get enough protein from whole foods, that's absolute rubbish. We need only a fraction of the proteins we're offered in our diets.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Spiritual value is just alot of crap,humans have been cooking food since we knew how to create fire...other animals are biologically built to take lots of nutrients from plant matter,we are not because we are omnivores....not herbivores.But yes i agree its how you cook the vegetables,i was thinking that was a given...obviosuly if you boil a vegetable for 4 hours it isnt going to be too good for you.But cooking normally there is still enough nutrients for your body to absorb,eating raw vegetables your body still takes the nutrients it needs then discards the rest....this is something people fail to understand...

Solomons like i mentioned yes thats true it discards what vitamins and minerals is not needed. The good news is that it doesnt over work your liver like supplements do. Another thing is raw food has enzymes to help digest. Another thing you dont get frokm cooked food is looking like your 20 when your 40. Look up some raw food before and after pictures and see how people look young again. I can attest to this too. Your energy levels peak, cleared memory and clearer eyes, less brain fog. You have to experience it to know this. Which is why its hard for me to explain.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
I really don't know why that reply to button doesn't work but this is my reply to you, meadowfairy.

My reply to your OP was to say that this is all entirely possible given the right conditions vis-a-vis the frame of mind. That's actually the only thing that is important. If a person is convinced they need meat and potatoes daily, they will most certainly need it. It's an addiction of sorts. You believe it is good for you and so it is, no matter what any other evidence may tell you. That's why scientific study is useless. It's also why whole foods are good for some and for others it's a form of torture.

It won't be long before we can't afford the foods we're used to eating. The only way to adapt to this change will be to change your relationship to food. Stop *demanding* from it and start *accepting* it in its entirety.

As for the poster up there who says we can't get enough protein from whole foods, that's absolute rubbish. We need only a fraction of the proteins we're offered in our diets.

Cosmicegg absolutely. My motto is if its dead food dont eat it is all i can say with regards to processed junk. There are raw foodists who eat potatoes and some cooked foods if their bodies ask for it no problems. The only hard asses you will find with raw foods is the preaching gurus who say you cannot do this or eat this and this does turn alot off people off no matter how passive or passionate about saving the earth they think they are. I say eat what feels good at the time and dont feel guilty for it. But does that mean you have to go off raw completely by all means no. You can still have your cake and eat it too if you so feel as your body needs it.
There is instinctive eating with raw food diet once your used to it your body knows what fruit or veggies or salad it wants to eat the the time and some people do mono meals.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join