It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G'day! Is It Possible To Create And Upload *subliminal messages* In Sites Like YouTube?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Sorry, there isn't no *Conspiracy in Science - Forum area, I checked* So I am posting the thread here.

G'day! Is It Possiable To Create And Upload *subliminal messages* In Sites Like YouTube? How would it work. Would the *subliminal messages* work? If it can work, then could somebody make people do ugly and harmful stuff???

[edit on 30-11-2008 by gordonwest]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest
Sorry, there isn't no *Conspiracy in Science - Forum area, I checked* So I am posting the thread here.

G'day! Is It Possiable To Create And Upload *subliminal messages* In Sites Like YouTube? How would it work. Would the *subliminal messages* work? If it can work, then could somebody make people do ugly and harmful stuff???

what does possiable mean?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by altered_states

I don't see the reason for taking the p*** out of a typo. and iyour post is an offtopic oneliner. MODS!!

@ topic: I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.
The 'trick' is just hiding a couple of stills into the vids.
And anyone having an agenda that would 'justify' stooping that low will have the budget to do it.

You have just given me a 'brilliant' idea... ... ...

BB,
Samuel

[edit on 30-11-2008 by Aldolas]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aldolas

I don't see the reason for taking the p*** out of a typo. and iyour post is an offtopic oneliner. MODS!!

@ topic: I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.
The 'trick' is just hiding a couple of stills into the vids.
And anyone having an agenda that would 'justify' stooping that low will have the budget to do it.

You have just given me a 'brilliant' idea... ... ...

BB,
Samuel

I wouldnt jump so quickly to conclusions that was a genuine question I asked
and if your brain cannot comprehend that I pitty your non intellegent ingnorance

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Seriously, stop being a troll.

If you cant tell he was trying to say possible, then you have no right to call others unintelligent or... wait, you misspelled ignorance!

Subliminal messages can be put into any audio, video, picture, or... just about any media.
youtube included, like aldolas said you can just stick a couple of still pictures that do not last long enough to register in the viewers conscious mind.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by baconvein]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Thanks Bacon.

I really thought it would be a *Interesting Subject* to post in a thead, since in the rise of conspiracy theories. Some of the members of ATS has said that the NWO and other U.S Goverment people are "spying" on Forum websites. I thought MAYBE that the use of Subliminal messages in videos AND podcasts, since alot of people are watching videos and podcasts online. It could be something to think about.

Originally posted by baconvein

If you cant tell he was trying to say possible, then you have no right to call others unintelligent or... wait, you misspelled ignorance!

Subliminal messages can be put into any audio, video, picture, or... just about any media.
youtube included, like aldolas said you can just stick a couple of still pictures that do not last long enough to register in the viewers conscious mind

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Some people place a couple frames in the middle of their video's on youtube so when the search query comes up that frame shows up. It's doesn't show the first frame of the video when it shows the video's in the seach so people got creative and learned which frame/time it shows when it comes up in a search.

So some video's will look like they have hidden messages in them on youtube when in fact it was just a pic the poster wanted to show of the video when it was searched for. Hopefully I didn't confuse you.

In other words ya it's easy.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by baconvein

youtube included, like aldolas said you can just stick a couple of still pictures that do not last long enough to register in the viewers conscious mind.

do you actually know what a troll is? looks like you dont so please keep your snide comments to yourself

[edit on 11/30/2008 by altered_states]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I'll quote the cambridge university dictionary:
Definition
Cambridge university dictionary

troll (COMPUTING) verb [I or T]
to leave an intentionally annoying message on a part of the Internet in order to get attention or cause trouble:

And to answer your above question: I really can't comprehend how someone, who can't spell properly, who has written nearly 400 posts isn't able to read past a simple typo.
But you don't know what troll is, you don't know how to use the quotes properly and you seem extremely intrested in derailing this thread, so I will enjoy my "non intellegent ingnorance"!

BB,
Samuel

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yeah there no reason why you couldn't get subliminals into Youtube if you had the right tools and took the time to make a clip. whether they would actually work or not is another matter of course as Youtube isn't exactly good quality videos and the sound leaves quite a bit to be desired.

The easiest way I think would be just focusing on the sound but there is no reason you couldn't add some frames to the clip as mentioned by others.

I'd say it's easily doable but the end result probably won't be very effective.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
There's a law of attraction video software available to specifically make your own subliminal videos and upload them to YouTube. It's aim is to help you focus daily on what you want to attract and to implant it firmly in your subconscious mind.

It would be easy to use that to make subliminal movies and audios to say whatever you want. First you add the images and then whatever text you like. Simply put them in the order you want, change the speed they appear and whether to spin in, slide in, etc. Once you're happy with it you add your choice of music. Click convert and upload to You Tube.

I have my own movies that I upload to YouTube. I use them to help me focus - not just law of attraction stuff but anything that I want to keep my mind focused on, for whatever reason.

I also use a subliminal software package to make audios and I put the verbal subliminals with my choice of music.

I sometimes add my subliminal version of the music, with the movie and then I have both pointing my subconscious at the same thing.

Does it work? Well, I believe it does and my son has used the same software and techniques to help him, with his studying and exams, and swears by it.

Could you use it for negative things? I have no evidence to say yes and I'm not sure how much subliminal messages rely on someone knowing the messages are there. I know that by making my own positive subliminal movies, they work for me and other people that I've made them for.

As far as audio subliminals (most YouTube videos have music) are concerned, I believe they work best when you are listening to your own voice.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The answer to this question I Think is NO

The first way you Could do Subliminal placement in a vid on the internet would be Audio

Subliminal placement of Audio mixed underneath louder tracks.

Also Backmasking could be used, that is when you use backward lyrics to

Backmasking is when you play a message backwards in order to force the subconscious mind to work on deciphering it in the background of thought process...

2 problems, One subliminal Audio by itself with perhaps some sex only related messages has not been found to be particularly effective, even with sex related messages you can't force a person to find something or someone attractive unless they already actually do...

not particularly effective

Backmasking has been found effective in some studies BUT, it has very often a reverse effect... but Not Always, i.e. some people Backmasked have a complete opposite reaction so it's not very effective as a method to get a specific response

i.e. you can back mask an audio track on you tube to say "I like Obama" but a variable percentage of those people will actually hate hi instead

Essentially useless...

Next is Video

Even a bigger bust because you can't go faster than 30 Frames per second unless someone out there has duped the flash encoding and altered it (files would be larger in size than normal for the amount of video as a clue...)

But 30 FPS, while it could have some effect is noticeable and people will catch the single inserted frame...

You have to go to a good 90 fps to even truly begin to not be noticed and function in a range where a person will pick up messages and never realize there is a frame insert

There are ways in theory I can think of doing this, but it wouldn't be easy, a video submitted to a network for play is going to have to be read by standard broadcasting equipment

and the danger of a third part video player doing so is probably real given faster internet lines these days and better graphics cards

But you wouldn't be at risk unless you downloaded some odd video Codec for playback

But You Tube, to the best of my knowledge can't play vid subliminals at the frame rate required to truly mess with your head... best your going to get are 30 FPS, self Hypnosis tapes which are only mildly effective at best

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I would call what Id being described above my post as Truly "subliminal" not given the playback formats... some people believe the 1/30 stuff works, and... I'll intentionally use tapes of that nature in sync with meditation and stuff, while trying really hard to let it sink in and all...

But i'd say 0 risk of any adverse unconscious use

new topics

top topics

join