It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians are being used and it makes me sick!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Originally posted by GodshipForAll

How old is Christianity? (The first Christian was John the Baptist in my opinion)
How old is Satan? How is he described?(*Ancient ...described as a deceiver and a liar)
How powerful is God?(More than we can grasp)
Is Satan more powerful?(Not really ..only as powerful as we allow him to be in our lives) ...he is limited .....
Who created God? Anything before him?(God has always been and no nothing before him that I am aware of )
How smart were people when God created us?(hmm good question lol)
Why does God let babies die horrible deaths?(that I cant answer ..except death is a part of life ..and God does not see death as we do ....those babies are spirits who goes back to God where they came from ..that may have been those babies only purpose here for more reasons than what we know ...(everything has a bigger picture of the purpose)
Could God be busy in other parts of this universe creating away and is to busy for us here on Earth?(NO )
How does God father a son?(God is all powerful and he controls all things)
Is life a test for us?(More like School )
If so is God Fair?(YES)
Which God am I to believe in?(There is only one GOD )
What was wrong with Pagan beliefs?(they were worshipping gods of their own makings who were no gods at all) (Mens imaginations)
How come God didn't let the people before Christianity Know he was the one true God?(He did read all of the OT it is pretty clear how much he let himself be known to them )
How would anyone have found out about the True God if it wasn't for Jesus telling everyone?(Maybe he would have let himself be known like he did in the OT ...I am not sure ... )
How come the Vatican say it's ok to believe in aliens today but it was 100 years ago?(I dont believe the Vatican knows what it is talking about ..I am not Catholic and do not agree with MOST of what they believe ..and that aliens exist ..I think they are fallen angels if they do exist they are not aliens persay ) ...
Why did the pope accept Hitler?(I have no clue ..but that sure should tell the followers of the Pope something ) ...
How many Factions are there in Christianity? Like Evangelicals and such?(Too many ....I personally believe that most true believers in Christ have more than likely stepped out of the Apostate Churchs and are out in the world standing on their own actually reaching out to those who are lost as the word says we are to do...I personally believe that the word calls us not to try and save ourselves but to go and seek to save those who are lost) ....
Why Can't they make up there minds between themselves?(I dont know lol)
Who's Right?(whoever tells you they do not know it all and are learning everyday ) ...
Why hasn't God told the Tribes isolated in the rainforests about himself?(How do you know he hasnt ?)
How come God can't will or think Satanus away?(He could)
How come witch Hunting ended?(What ?)
Does my memember name offend anyone?(Not me different strokes for different folks )
Why would god create things only to potentially send them to Hell forever to suffer?(It was never Gods intention for anyone to go to hell that is totally up to man on who you will follow ...The Lord God ..or that old deciever satan)
What is Hell how did anyone ever find out about it?(from what I read I believe it is total darkness (Abyss) without GOD ....and eternal spiritual condition which is not pleasant ...
Is God a Human?(No but surely he has some human attributes since he created us all in his image)
What does Jesus's Father Look like?(I have no clue as to what God looks like )
When is Judgement day to come?(Soon )
Why did God create the feeling of hate?(I do not know )
Can I become a God?(No)
Can anything Kill God?(no)
How big is God?(infinate )
Does God have any pets?(sure lol)

Does my questioning annoy you?(yes lol only because there was so many lol)

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Simplynoone]

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The talking heads on TV no longer have to be subtle in their quest for the dollar. Some people are so indoctrinated that handing over money is their duty and these TV preachers know this fact.

Great line of work though. People seem to think a person in that role must be honest and truly helping them. Every one, on three - "What would jesus do."

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Stand
Christians are being used and it makes me sick!!!

Why does that make you sick? I thought it would cheer you up to know they're being used after all the raping and pillaging they've been doing?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Anti - Government

I just can't give much credit to relgion on the whole. From all it's wars to it's earliest ideals and doctrines and watching it contradict itself throughout time to keep itself acceptable with the norm of the current days values.

I mean if you look at Christianity and its acceptences of peoples ways of life the first hundred years as opposed to todays version and it's acceptence of people ways of life today.....They contradict themselves in many aspects.

I dont agree with organized religions either ...I stepped out from them all years ago and do not regret it for one minute .....the enemy has come in and corrupted them ..that is pretty obvious to all ....

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Not all Christians are like those on TV.

I am Christian, but I have never read the Bible, and probably wont.

I am Christian, but the GOD channel on TV will never be selected, nor any radio station that is similar.

I am a Christian, but I have done none of the awful things that people always accuse us of.

I have the same beliefs (roughly) as someone who sent people to their deaths in holy wars, so I am the same as him? Well, Hitler believed in killing criminals, just as many people here do (For certain crimes); does that mean I should associate everything else he did with everyone who believes in the death penalty? Of course not...so a bit of the same for Christians please...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The present church is a recipie of beliefs from the past. Through time, taking over this belief or that, it took it's own stage. In it's origins, there were Kings and Queens of lands and the Pope and Cardinals were political movers and shaker.

The church has waged wars (see Crusades)

The church has killed people (see the Church vs. Science)

The Church has even put one of it's own Saint's on trial.

The Church has done exatly what it wants to do as long as it had a power base. And will continue to as long as it's followers blindly follow.

I am NOT saying ALL folloers are blind... Just the ones who don't look at what it is they are a part of. Look into it's history... It's all there. And if you study it and still support it, then cool. But to base upon an evangalist is fake.

The Church really has never treated it's followers real well. But it protects it's own amazingly. Does that mean it's using it's followers......?????

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
AAhh I see what you are saying. But look to the past... every religion, and those without will have comitted terrible crimes at some point.

And done what they wanted as long as they had power...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is true SEVEN. Except for the "green" practicers of pagan and witchcraft beliefs who might well have been the forpeople of our scientists.

Kinda sad that the history is filled with "our god is better than yours so you must die" or "I have to kill you for my god."

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

True. Kind of ironic that those that were thhe most peaceful are often shown in the wort light.

I guess nobody is perfect, and I know you wern't saying we are all the same...but it isn't nice to be grouped to rapists and murderers. (Not you, but other posters here, and around ATS)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
God warns us in the Bible about 'wolves in sheep's clothing', eating up the flock because of their greed and power-tripping!

Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
and in the Old Testament............;
Jer 23:1 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD.

Jer 23:2 Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the LORD.

Jer 50:6 My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away [on] the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace.

God warned us, but, still, some look at man for guidance and security!
Listen to a good preacher, but, put your TRUST IN GOD!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
No worrys the Churches (Those in positions of higharchy) will have their part in the lake of fire ..
The Lord spoke more against what they were doing than anyone else .
She has her day coming and it is not good ...
And no one can claim ignorance ...because everyone is supposed to weigh the balances of what they will be a part of or not ...I chose to come out of her (The WHORE) because I chose not to be a partaker of her evil deeds ...I refuse to be led astray and I did my homework enough so that I will not be .....I did question ...and I found them to be wrong in what they are doing and how they are doing it ..................I wanted no part in it ...

Everyone should open their eyes and if they see them doing CONTRARY to the word of GOD then it is NOT OF GOD ......

Even if Jesus were to show up right in front of me and tell me to do something that the bible is pretty clear in saying that we should not do ..I would not do it ..even if he himself told me to do it ..........it would be obvious to me then that this could not be the Jesus of the bible ..because if it was he would not ask something of me that was CONTRARY to his word .............

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Wow you actually answered my questions and I starred you thats cool, right on, hats of and respect to you.

I'm just and agnostic, I'm open to the possibility their may be a God and open to the possibility there's not a God. I Lean on the side of thier not being one. Untill His holiness comes to me personally, I'm not taking Mans word of it because of Mans deception and lies , abuse of power, fear mongering, iron fist, curruption and manipulation. I think our perception of what God is, is not that of what's been written by the hand of and Human.

It would be to simple to have this all infinite, wise and fair supreme being to presnet himself in a manner and introduce us into his universe and say something to us direct and personal ex. "Welcome to my kingdom I've created for you and all, here is the path of light and rightousness, walk it and you shall see eternal bliss, stray and I commence you to eternity it Hell".....

And I believe in Aliens so I doubt thats acceptable becuase they don't seem to explain in the bible. Unless those Nephilim are angels or demons or the "Annunaki"....are aliens....

Isn't the old testament similiar to many of the Egyptian creation stories?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Simplynoone

Wow you actually answered my questions and I starred you thats cool, right on, hats of and respect to you.

I'm just and agnostic, I'm open to the possibility their may be a God and open to the possibility there's not a God. I Lean on the side of thier not being one. Untill His holiness comes to me personally, I'm not taking Mans word of it because of Mans deception and lies , abuse of power, fear mongering, iron fist, curruption and manipulation. I think our perception of what God is, is not that of what's been written by the hand of and Human.

It would be to simple to have this all infinite, wise and fair supreme being to presnet himself in a manner and introduce us into his universe and say something to us direct and personal ex. "Welcome to my kingdom I've created for you and all, here is the path of light and rightousness, walk it and you shall see eternal bliss, stray and I commence you to eternity it Hell".....

And I believe in Aliens so I doubt thats acceptable becuase they don't seem to explain in the bible. Unless those Nephilim are angels or demons or the "Annunaki"....are aliens....

Isn't the old testament similiar to many of the Egyptian creation stories?

I do understand ..I had to have the Lord show me personally too (if you seek though you will find ....if you have an open mind to believe ..you know that is important ......I did not just believe anyone either ..I had to find out for myself ....and yes I also know what you mean about men they lie cheat steal corrupt etc and cannot be trusted .....but we really cannot say that about everyone now can we ? Because there are some truly giving careing honest people around they are just few and far in between .....

I believe the aliens could very well be the Nephalim or possibly even some of mans creation ..(if they do exist) I am keeping my mind open to that ..mainly because anything is possible ..Heck I never thought I would ever believe in angels (before I became a believer in Christ) and I have met a few ....so hey you never know ...

As far as the stories from Egyptian texts ..I do have a theory (but thats all it is) ..satan existed on this earth prior to Adam and Eve ..Cain went to a place called NOD ..and met a wife ..Where did that wife come from if no one was here but Adam and Eve Cain and Abel ? My theory is that the Nephalim had their own race outside that garden ..and they would have known alot of what was gonna happen because satan was the MAIN ANGEL in heaven ..he would have had KNOWLEDGE that God had ..(maybe not all ) but surely some ...so it is my theory that he may have written some stuff about what was coming and of course put his own spin on it (Twisting the truth) telling it his way with his stories with him as the hero ...(To cause confusion and make sure no one would believe the truth when it did happen) .......
OR ...the dating of those Egyptian Texts could have been a lie ..and they were written way after the OT texts ..(This is possible since it is pretty obvious that the truth has been hidden about alot of biblical stuff by the HIGHUPS of our world ..and of course the Churchs ) if there was really solid evidence on texts other than the bible the WORLD would know the truth and would not follow the GOVERNEMENTS of this world or the HIGHERUPS in the Churchs ...they would follow JESUS ...and him alone ....And would no longer be SHEEP being led to the slaughter .........

So a lie from historians and rulers from the beginning is in my opinion ..an even better theory than my first one ..since there is an agenda from those who rule our world ...(All the way from Ancient Pharoh to GW BUSH ) (Included in here is the Pope and the Rick Warrens ) ... .......no doubt about it ..

anyway ..I am not even sure about any of this ..just taking wild guesses ..
I know that EVERYTHING could be explained if everything was out here for us to examine it ..But as we all know ...the HIGHER Ups only release enough for us to stay guessing at what is the truth or not .................

I would love to see whats all in the Vatican Vaults ...
Or in some of the Museams around the world that are hidden in the back ..because no way would they want any real truth to come out about our past or history with GOD and the BIBLE and JESUS (Who everyone hates ..especially the HIGHER UPS ) ..........why would they hate someone who supposedly did not exist ? Thats what I cant figure out ..why hasnt his name just gone to its death like every other average Joe if there wasnt something to it ?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Well, to be fair, it is the religious organization that is to blame, not Christians or any other religious people, even though they chose to believe many things the organizations say.

From my observation as a Christians and a non-Christian for many years, it is people, not their religion that do the good deed. It may be due to many things: experience, empathy, personality, etc. Sure, many lives have been changed after they accepted Jesus, but so did the other people of different faith.

Religious leaders take advantage of the fact that their people trust them 100%. If they say donate money, followers will do it. If they say that homosexuality is wrong and to be intolerant, they will follow that.

Religion take away our power. We have God in all of us. Each one of us. Dare I say that religion is one of the major conspiracies to take away our power and to keep us under control and reap profits. We have seen that too many times. Take a look at Jim Bakker and others. That is what should make us sick to our stomach. Taking advantage of poor people who completely believe in their leaders.

I understand that Christians have a big responsibility to help others according to Jesus. But so does other people of different faith and different philosophies.

My Christian friend once told me that most humanitarian organizations are Christian. Where are the other of different religious faith or even atheist organizations? I answered why does Christians always lay claim on good deed? It is PEOPLE who do the good deed, not religion or anything else. PEOPLE have the power to change the world and make it better. Religion and government only make it worse. And besides, missionaries destroy so many cultures that they are lost in history.

Stay away from religion. It is a disease of humanity. Jesus, like so many other spiritual people, said that the kingdom of God is WITHIN you. It is not found in any churches, temples, TV evangelists, the Bible, any scriptures. It is WITHIN YOU.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join